Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

7 minutes ago, cannow said:

very little mention of Vr was hoping for big improvements there

Not sure, but this could be a bit of a hidden gem in the FSElite interview with respect to VR...

Additionally, using the Prepar3D Development Kit (PDK), software developers can create their own custom rendering effects and textures using C++ and DirectX 12.  In fact, our Virtual Reality module is developed using the PDK rather than internal interfaces to ensure that third-party hardware vendors could develop their own advanced Extended Reality (XR) integrations as an add-on, too.

From here: https://fselite.net/originals/fselite-exclusive-interview-with-lockheed-martin-all-about-prepar3d-v5/

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Some comments about the trailer: the grass still looks rubbish.

My wish list: native AI traffic, weather and network support!

The only improvements that I was hoping for were Navigraph updates for each AIRAC and better ATC. If those are not included, it's not worth it to me to buy V5 just to break numerous add-ons. My performance is fine in V4. I'll wait for MSFS.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

My thoughts and questions. 
-are addons going to need updates?  Which ones?  The planes, orbx, activesky, airports, vpilot

-sloped runways. I only fly to 3rd party airports. Will all of these need a patch?

-dx12. Will we notice the implied huge performance gains?

-will the big developers support this platform?  Or are they looking to put all their eggs in the Microsoft basket?

-prompt if gpu memory runs out. I have a 1080ti. But this statement concerns me. Maybe it shouldn’t. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

if the 24,000 airports were updated with runway and taxiway data, I assume that means the AFCAD routes and parking has been updated too? Which means new AI traffic routes...big deal for me as I spend 90% of my flying at a airport with zero parking besides the fuel box 🙂

48 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Question for me will be third party compatibility timeline vs MS2020 timeline.  If v4.5 third party scenery and aircraft addons are made v5 compatible in the near term, I'd definitely upgrade even though I fully expect to buy MSFS2020 as well whenever it becomes available.

DX12 is probably worth the upgrade on its own...

My thoughts too.  If it’s going to be a long and/or expensive path for addons I’ll stick with v4 until MSFS comes out.  Otherwise I'll upgrade to v5.  It will be interesting to see if all of the addons installed outside the p3d folder will just seamlessly carry over to v5?

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

38 minutes ago, cannow said:

very little mention of Vr was hoping for big improvements there

Its now 2020....no drastically improved VR performance in P3D V5....NO BUY!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Three easy questions I'd like to see answers on 4/15:

1) Have they fixed the ATC bugs that have been around since FSX?

2) Have they fixed the loading textures as tiles in the distance?

3) Have they fixed the micro pauses that occur when arriving at add-on airports with AI in most cities?

It's really nice to see that the water and skies have been improved, but compared to MSFS 2020, this new version of P3D looks like FS9.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Its now 2020....no drastically improved VR performance in P3D V5....NO BUY!

What is the current state of VR headset resolution and price?

I have a Samsung Odyssey headset and the screen door effect is pretty bad.

That VR experience is good for a tech demo but the technology and affordable price isn't there yet, or is it?

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

We have been testing V5 and very active on the P3D Beta forums for the last couple of months..

Hope you get the hint..

S.

Are y'all still under NDA? Would be great to hear some impressions from devs...

• Upvote 1

I’m definitely looking forward to the various devs that have been involved spilling their guts 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, simbol said:

NDAs are lifted.. 😉

So what are the increases in FPS like, are longstanding bugs from FSX been fixed? What are the minimum specs needed in your opinion?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

NDAs are lifted.. 😉

Come ON MAN! 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.