Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

What did you fly in Prepar3d today?

Hello chaps,

Inspired by Viper's thread over on the org, I thought it might be fun - and perhaps enlightening - to share where and what we flew today in Prepar3d. I've personally found similar threads to be helpful for providing inspiration regarding new planes, airports and routes to try.

So, show us:

- What aircraft you chose.
- Where your flight plan took you.
- Any other relevant details you wanted to include.

Cheers!

Here's my submission:

- Aircraft: Leonardo Maddog MD-82. My current favourite P3D v5 aircraft, smoothest jet I own.
- Started in Iceland, my first fight out of MK Studios' Keflavik airport (BIKF), sunrise departure. A decent payware airport in an interesting part of the world.
- After a quick spot of sightseeing (testing the new scenery), I made a 'proper' flight as per PFPX flight plan from BIKF to Gatwick (EGKK). The route took me over the Hebrides (northwest Scotland) onto the UK mainland, 1093 nautical miles in total.  

Technical: Prepar3d v5, with enhanced atmospherics on, Active Sky for weather, AIG for air traffic, plus Henrik's ships. Scenery: Orbx TrueEarth UK, homebrew ortho for Iceland. Flight completed in VR with VoiceAttack first officer support.

DMNow1O.jpg

iLoIakG.jpg

So, where did your Prepar3d sim take you today, and how did you get there? 🙂

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Quick circuit of UK2000 Bristol 2019HD in the PMDG Boeing 737 NGX. I am currently performing quick circuits of all of my UK airports with all AI planes disabled as a test to determine how much of a difference it makes to the "stutter experience". This is with ORBx TrueEarth GB installed at maximum Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density settings.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

KMIA-KJFK on the MaddogX

it is working so great!!

2020-6-12_13-49-37-300.thumb.jpg.9e641e27f705564fdebde88b332288a7.jpg

• Like 3

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

P3D 4.5

Gibraltar to Manchester - keeping Spain and France and England to the right -

up to Anglesey TR to Manchester In my beautiful Carenado 3 engine Dasault FA 50 EX Bizjet.

Circuits and bumps in the FlyFreeStd MiG-29A.

With the present interest in P3D v5, the forthcoming MS sim, and of course other simulator alternatives, I'm presently working on a video which compares the pros and cons of combat aircraft in 'civilian' sims versus their presence in combat sims. It might seem like the obvious conclusion would be that a military sim such as DCS, would be the best choice for a combat aeroplane, but the fact is that most combat aeroplanes never actually see any combat at all; instead finding themselves operating in either a training role, or on less combative operations such as search and rescue patrols, research flights, or quite often making aid relief flights if they are of the cargo type.

But even if you wanted to simulate a present-day practice dissimilar dogfight training mission over the waters north of Frisian Islands as is common in real life, the only flight sims which would let you do that over accurate terrain with accurate traffic to avoid, would not be a combat flight sim, but something such as FSX, XPlane or P3D, since these all have realistic scenery for this area with AI traffic operating near there. Hence the comparison and the flights to compare the realism of the way the things simulate their real-life counterparts.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

PMDG 737 NGXu YBBN-YBUD using ORBX scenery.

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

1 hour ago, CaptainNick said:

A2A Cub around ORBX KFHR and TE Washington.

Do you experience heavy stutters at KFHR after TakeOff RW 16? I have it always when I TO from this runway, its only about 20-30 seconds long then everything is fine again. Just wanted to know if its only me. RW 34 is fine.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

By the way, for those of you who'd like to post a pic of your plane/location, but aren't sure how Avsim works (that was me for a long time)

1. Screencap by the normal method ('v' key in the sim).

2. Create a free account on Imgur: https://imgur.com/

3. Once you're signed up, from the Imgur home page you click on your user name in the top right corner, and select "Images" from the drop down menu. 

4. Now you're on the Imgur Images page in your web browser, drag your screencap from the folder where P3D left it (This PC -> Pictures -> Prepar3d v5 Files) onto the Imgur page. Photo will be uploaded to your Imgur library.

5. Click on the image that you want to post here from your Imgur library. On the right of the screen, you'll now see a bunch of links that you can generate. The one you want is called BB Code (message boards and forums). If you copy this, it should look like: img]https://i.imgur.com/n3EmRVt.jpg[/img

6. Now, it's as simple as pasting that in your comment here. (note that I removed the square brackets from the ends of the link so that it wouldn't display as an image here!)

That's it. Pretty quick and simple once you have the Imgur account set up. There are lots of other image platforms that theoretically should work, but I've had mixed results at best with them. Imgur seems to play well with the Avsim forum software.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

KDEN to KSFO in the QualityWings 787-10.
Over Boulder, the ski resorts of Vail and Beaver Creek, the barren parts of Utah and Nevada, the Sierra Nevada and into a hazy Bay Area on a 28R approach.

5v1YSSu.jpg

P3Dv5, EA on, ActiveSky, AIG traffic, MSE Colorado, Utah, Nevada (with Nuvecta autogen for each), Orbx TE NorCal, Flightbeam for both airports, SimToolkitPro (EFB/flight recorder/moving map) and Roland/Clipper Ocean Spray's Ai Flow, Ai Ground and Ai Cull apps.

IB3Spp5.jpg

It was all going so well until I tried changing view from this^^ to something more interesting. Promptly ran out of my last 0.4 GB of available VRAM 😩
I knew I should have left it alone.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Yesterday it was, while doing chores and yardwork...

LFRN (Simcreations) --> LFSB (Justsim) in Air France A318 (Aerosoft)

LFSB --> LSGG (FSDT) in Swiss A321 (Aerosoft)

LSGG --> LEGE (Justsim) in Swiss A321

LEGE --> LEBL (LVFR) in Iberia MD-82 (Leonardo)

LEBL --> GCTS (Digital Designs) in Iberia MD-82

LEBL --> LFMN (Justsim) in Iberia MD-82

eeo64ld.jpg

3nS2QQz.jpg

T5CtXPn.jpg

V9uDy6F.jpg

V5, ASP3D, EA Medium, 2K resolution, 2K textures, SSAAx4, 30hz vsync.

Ortho + airports listed + PSXseeconTraffic + AIG-OCI for liveries.

• Like 7

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT