Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

Aerosoft CRJ Available for P3D v5

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I bought the CRJ Professional last week, but am considering going back to the CRJ X, despite it not being officially compatible with v5.  Issues I'm having with the Professional that I didn't have with CRJ X are:

  • Panel state is corrupt when reloading a saved flight (deal breaker for me, since I rely on FSUIPC in case of CTDs)
  • Performance is slightly worse. I got consistent 30 FPS with CRJ X, but get in the 20's or even high 10's with the Professional.
  • They removed the CRJ Manager which I liked for fuel planning. This is minor, but upgrading shouldn't take features away...

It's too bad because the Professional looks great and flies well. I could make it work except for the panel state issue which is no good for me.

Edited by NightOfDreams

Share this post


Link to post

I believe in this new version they upgraded the TSS sound pack? The engine sounds have improved


Shom

[P3D v4.5 HF2 running on Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, EVGA 1080Ti, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[FSLabs A320, PMDG 737 NGXu, PMDG 777, AS CRJ Pro, CS 757 iii, Fly The Maddog X, Majestic Dash 8, QW 787, TFDI 717, AS Airbus ProFeelthere E175/195 v3]

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

I bought the CRJ Professional last week, but am considering going back to the CRJ X, despite it not being officially compatible with v5.  Issues I'm having with the Professional that I didn't have with CRJ X are:

  • Panel state is corrupt when reloading a saved flight (deal breaker for me, since I rely on FSUIPC in case of CTDs)
  • Performance is slightly worse. I got consistent 30 FPS with CRJ X, but get in the 20's or even high 10's with the Professional.
  • They removed the CRJ Manager which I liked for fuel planning. This is minor, but upgrading shouldn't take features away...

It's too bad because the Professional looks great and flies well. I could make it work except for the panel state issue which is no good for me.

I am not familiar with this product at all. What the differences between CRJ X and CRJ Pro actually are?


a2a182b2.jpg

kiki

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

CRJ X has been around for few years. It had some bugs and problems.

CRJ Pro was released a year ago. It is like a NGXu update of the original PMDG NGX. Pro version has a completely new cockpit model (with PBR), improved realism, systems ... Pro version is compatible with P3D v4 and v5.

Edited by Branimir
  • Like 1

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x8 DDR4 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Share this post


Link to post

I could get this for $25 since I bought the original CRJ version, but I've read nothing but mediocre reviews and don't see anyone flying this and posting videos on youtube.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I was also in the beta and the CRJ surely received some improvements.

The thing is that it has been around for years now, in two forms (CRJ X and now the "Professional") without ever having the LNAV wrinkles ironed out. This inconsistency to remain on track or making steep turns at high flight levels has been around since betas for the CRJ X. I don't know how they dare to ask €75 for the addon.

Share this post


Link to post

@Ricardo41, then simply don't get it.  It's a good simulation of the CRJ7, 9, and 1000.  Both externals and flight deck was done with PBR.  It has an active developer with an active beta team.  But, if you're only interested in simulations where all reviews are positive and have plenty of youtube videos, then please don't get this one.  

  • Like 1

SAX702

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti || 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

They removed the CRJ Manager which I liked for fuel planning. This is minor, but upgrading shouldn't take features away...

But you have now the EFB in the cockpit why go to another tool outside the sim?????????????


Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Prpn said:

The thing is that it has been around for years now, in two forms (CRJ X and now the "Professional") without ever having the LNAV wrinkles ironed out. This inconsistency to remain on track or making steep turns at high flight levels has been around since betas for the CRJ X. I don't know how they dare to ask €75 for the addon.

The thing is that I do fly the CRJ and do not see the LNAV loosing track (that's why I ask for FPLN, setup etc.). I do see some odd CRS chasing banks and turns which I reported to the DEV and also posted videos on them. Hans still irons some of these stuff out.

What is to remember is that the CRJ is not that complex as an Airbus or Boeing and we did see "pilots" entering steep turns with high speed which were poorly handled by the plane.


Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Share this post


Link to post

Great plane!


EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

The thing is that I do fly the CRJ and do not see the LNAV loosing track (that's why I ask for FPLN, setup etc.). I do see some odd CRS chasing banks and turns which I reported to the DEV and also posted videos on them. Hans still irons some of these stuff out.

What is to remember is that the CRJ is not that complex as an Airbus or Boeing and we did see "pilots" entering steep turns with high speed which were poorly handled by the plane.

I’m sorry but I put zero faith in Hans. He didn’t even manage to fix a single light for many many months (the GPU available light didn’t show for many people), and the LNAV issues are rare but never seem to improve. 
Add to that his often rude forum personality and dismissive way of addressing people. The guy seems to be totally unable to deal with criticism and his communication is appalling. 

So many bugs went unaddressed for a long time. And when he finally did fix some, the product became end-of-life because he cashed in again with the Professional version. 

Edited by flycln

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

But you have now the EFB in the cockpit why go to another tool outside the sim?????????????

The EFB is a great addition. It's really nice being able to set the pax, cargo, volume levels, etc. It just lacks an actual fuel calculator (inputs for distance, cruising level, headwinds), meaning you still have to calculate fuel need externally. I use SimBrief.com and always seem to end the flight with way too much fuel, e.g. 3500 lbs. Not a huge deal but I like to plan realistic fuel. Would be nice if they brought the calculator into EFB.

Edited by NightOfDreams

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, flycln said:

I’m sorry but I put zero faith in Hans. He didn’t even manage to fix a single light for many many months (the GPU available light didn’t show for many people),

That was indeed kind of sad. I have several reports and tests done for that d-a-r-n light and always had it fail from time to time. It works fine with the CRJ Pro since release though so I guess he found the issue.

If I'm alowed to share something: The entire Flight Simming development took a wrong turn IMHO starting just before P3Dv4. I'm talking about users beeing used for pre release testing, users beeing baited to buy unreleased and unfinished AddOn's and so on. Unfortunately IMHO I find Aerosoft doing the exact same thing: You get the Axxx extended with some bugs that never got ironed out -> update to the known Axxx FSX product line with some bugs -> update to the Pro line etc.....so basicaly they did throw something on the market and instead of investigating and fixing the bugs, they went for the next "major" version update. AS is just one DEV out of many where such a practice (this is only my opinion) takes place. Even P3Dv4.x never got the scripting efects fixed (which has been broken since 4.3) and instead of fixing it, they moved to v5 releasing for the first time ever something in BETA....

On the other part there are a plethora of setups and reasons why things can go bad on a enduser PC. How many times do we read about P3D CTD and find out that some do OC or add some "tweaks" or install unsuported addon's and.....it's realy hard to realy get a grip of all that stuff. I myself blamed e.g. Maxime from ToGa Projects that ENVDIR fails to install the files and found out that my overprotecting AV interfeered with the installation without even mentioning it......

  • Like 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

The EFB is a great addition. It's really nice being able to set the pax, cargo, volume levels, etc. It just lacks an actual fuel calculator

Isn't this done by the FMC after inserting your FPLN? I ask because during beta testing I only focused on other stuff and basicaly flew only 2 or 3 destinations where I already knew everything by heart....)

Neither PMDG (NGXu) no'r the FSL ATSU etc does calculate it. You always have to go under PROG or else to check the fuel (unless you already have done it with Simbrief but then you had to use it also prior to the Pro version where the CRJ Manager has been removed ;)


Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Isn't this done by the FMC after inserting your FPLN? I ask because during beta testing I only focused on other stuff and basicaly flew only 2 or 3 destinations where I already knew everything by heart....)

Neither PMDG (NGXu) no'r the FSL ATSU etc does calculate it. You always have to go under PROG or else to check the fuel (unless you already have done it with Simbrief but then you had to use it also prior to the Pro version where the CRJ Manager has been removed 😉

Te EFB has the option to load data to the FMC.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,550.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...