Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

Disappointed in Alpha/Beta tester selection

12 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

So why not just make it correct?

I said why earlier, check it out. The reason is basically that if you make it correct, they (beginners and casual gamers) will not understand much of it like you think they will. They are paying close attention to the language being used (MS is) on purpose so that things are more clear and easier to understand ("you are cleared for west departure" as opposed to "you are cleared for NIYAK departue"). If you were truly new at this, then which one do you think you would inherently understand straight away? 

As a teacher I think it's no mistake that things like this were done intentionally...afterall, it's MS....deep pockets MS. Don't you think they've called on educational consultants and flight instructors alike for opinions and advise? To me it's very obvious, but to those who don't teach for a living it would not be.

My earlier post may explain it a little more clearly (or perhaps not, hehe).

Edited by hangar
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

very Euro-centric

If you think that's bad, some of the aircraft have everything in French and the air speed indicator marked in km/h.  Of course, those are just the GA aircraft.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

well if you buy a Robin DR400, it's going to be in french

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

13 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I understand what you're saying, but they seemingly could have made some pretty small tweaks that, while imperceptible to the layperson/gamer, would have made a world of difference to (at least some) hardcore simmers and pilots. In other words, a gamer wouldn't know the difference if the ATC phraseology was correct or not. So why not just make it correct? That's what is hard for me to understand.

But I suppose you're correct about the whole pandemic thing. We've all been impacted.

Don't know how much the Pandemic has impacted this project. Your post does make me wonder about the timing and what seems like a bit of a rush to get it out the door as some have noted in this forum. It sort of make me think that X-Plane or even P3D may be looking at some big changes that kind of rushed things. Only time will tell. Being honest, a ton of the "boo-boos" that have been mentions are not all that hard to fix but like with any new sim will take a long time. The world is a big place. Actually flying over Sat. terrain is not a new thing but, to depend on it is quite a bold move for sure.

Edited by shivers9
duh!!
  • Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

well if you buy a Robin DR400, it's going to be in french

"I'll take one with the American option, please."

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

5 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

See I think that's a proven fool's errand. How many casual gamers do you know who do any flight simming whatsoever, be it FS9, FSX, P3D, XP? I've literally never met one.

That may be, however for myself and many that I have introduced this new "game" to, they all want to "play" it for the joys of flying the world, without having to invest much more money for the visual experience. 

They are not simmers yet, and maybe they never will be, but they are excited for it, faults and all

I really doubt the pandemic affected development in any significant way. This has been in development for 3-4 years now, and was in the middle of Alpha testing when COVID kicked into high gear. They were basically in the quality assurance phase by then.

1 minute ago, RobotRock said:

They were basically in the quality assurance phase by then.

LOL!!!!!! 😄 😄 😄 

Trust me, this thing is still in development.  Read the recent change logs they've published.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

Don't know how much the Pandemic has impacted this project. Your post does make me wonder about the timing and what seems like a bit of a rush to get it out the door as some have noted in this forum. It sort of make me think that X-Plane or even P3D may be looking at some big changes that kind of rushed things. Only time will tell. Being honest, a ton of the "boo-boos" that have been mentions are not all that hard to fix but like with any new sim will take a long time. The world is a big place. Actually flying over Sat. terrain is not a new thing,but, a bold move to depend on it is quite a bold move for sure.

Sat terrain isn't new but it is at this level of detail . I just flew over Chicago and the old Meig's Field and it was stunning to be honest with how far it's come. My opinion for rush to release has zero to do with P3D or X plane. It has to do with putting work into the console version and optimized to run on the New Xbox Series X that releases this November. A lot of the work for the console and PC version go hand in hand but they do need focus on that version. My two cents.  

• Upvote 1

Semper Fi 

20 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

Everywhere else in the world 🙂

Don't I feel silly 😛 I kinda figured, it just seems kinda long winded to me when trying to rattle off something through the mic. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Chillax😎

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

10 minutes ago, LHookins said:

LOL!!!!!! 😄 😄 😄 

Trust me, this thing is still in development.  Read the recent change logs they've published.

Hook

Break the NDA and give us those changelings. 🌝

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

7 minutes ago, LHookins said:

LOL!!!!!! 😄 😄 😄 

Hook

Yes, but I would say the systems are all there. And I don't mean aircraft systems by that, but game systems, functions in the engine and so on. Not all of it works yet, not all of it fits together, but it's there, ready to be tweaked or built upon by other developers.

Just recently I saw something on the sea that made me really happy, because I wasn't sure it even existed so far. It was still a total mess, but it was another box for me that I could check and know that this detail, too, will be there in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slides said:

Break the NDA and give us those changelings.

They've published the change logs for all to see.  One thing in the logs is updates to the flight model.  It ain't finished. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins

3 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Not all of it works yet, not all of it fits together, but it's there, ready to be tweaked or built upon by other developers.

... or have development continue by Asobo.  I don't think the version they release will be the version we're playing in a year.

I think they've done a pretty good job so far, and it can only get better.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins