Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

WALKING in MSFS2020

I think it would be cool to fly into Courchevel Altiport, grab the skis and go skiing, break for lunch and have some relaxing time with friends.

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great!

Asobo should actually add a "person" cam, with customisable person height, "bob" when you walk/jog/run, ability to use the analog trigger to customise speed (eg walk, jog/run) and for the cam to stay fixed height above the ground even when walking up/down slopes (because I think the drone cam wouldn't maintain constant AGL when walking off a slope, but IDK). 🤔

Or maybe a 3PD can add such a cam?

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 2

Matthew S

Aircraft doors don't open?  Is that on just the one plane or on all the aircraft?  If all, that would really be surprising to me, and I hope that can remedied in future updates...

Edited by overspeed3

I should mention that not every place on earth is as detailed as the airports shown in the video.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

5 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I should mention that not every place on earth is as detailed as the airports shown in the video.

Personally, if I walk in my house in the sim (past the 700 foot tree on my drive), and the stuff in the cupboards isn't 80% accurate, that's a deal-breaker. 🤣

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I just hope some Hollywood starlets don't use the sim to force their way into my house at night. 

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, reignman40 said:

Think of the virtual plane spotting you could do with Live ATC and getting real aircraft and airlines in the sim. 

This would be awesome! I love plane spotting, especially with how amazing things look in MFS! Bring it on! Plane spotting in VR at your favorite location and airports anywhere in the world, complete with the ambient airport noises and those loud and deep engines like the GE-90's!

• Like 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Land in the car park of a big store in your Dodosim Bell JetRanger, walk in the store in the sim, buy something from the AI bloke at the counter, under the hood the sim connects to the real store, takes the order and posts it to you. You were drunk when flying the sim, forgot you did this, then wonder why a snooker table gets dropped off at your house the following Tuesday and your bank account is missing three thousand quid. 🤣

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

You fly the sim over restricted airspace in Washington, DC. Within an hour, Secret Service agents knock on your door.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, David Mills said:

You fly the sim over restricted airspace in Washington, DC. Within an hour, Secret Service agents knock on your door.

Even better, if MS end up with their sim being some kind of persistent world that everyone could connect to for all kinds of applications, you could get an unmarked black MD500 in your sim and hover it outside some conspiracy theorist's house every night for a week. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

We should not be surprised - after all - Asobo are game makers - and all of us with X Box can make our X Box controllers Dance

Mind you - if you are using the sim on a bigscreen TV - sitting in your armchair - you will need a long USB - better invest in a Windows Key and go WIFI

Looks incredible. Also going to be how I check out all the new airports I pick up, just do a slow walk around the place and check out the work. 

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Walking in a sim is not exactly new. P3D has had it for years now and Orbx introduced the concept before. 

Something stunning is to walk a scenery you doodle. Everything looks different, more real. Walking a runway you drew in a couple of minutes takes an eternity. A strange experience. Like watching a movie and then suddenly finding yourself IN the movie.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam