Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS released in first region! Congrats Kiribati!

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

OK, I'm still trying to get get this to work, but I think anyone who does this should do their first flight out of Kiribati!

Btw, I've reset my location, my timezone and am using a New Zealand VPN. Still no dice. For those of you who succeeded - am I missing something?

I just changed the "Region" under my Windows 10 'Time & Language' settings. Then the store asks for a refresh as the region has changed, then I was able to press 'Play'. dhRPKRx.jpg

No VPN or timezone changing necessary 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I did not use VPN. I just changed my settings according to Microsoft help page:

Change your region in Windows

When you make your first purchase in the new locale, you'll be prompted to update your billing info.

1. Select Start  Settings  > Time & Language > Region
  2. Under Country or region, select your new region.
  3. You can switch back to your original region at any time.
  • Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

afther the first initial splash screens. 

That's funny, given all the water in Kiribati 😄

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Just now, Aaron555 said:

I'm prompted to insert a disk. Can't download anything.  

It does appear like people who bought it, perhaps tied to certain editions, are asked for a disc, for some reason. Seems Game Pass users sail right on through. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The problem arises when all these people from Kiribati start having issues. Doing something as simple as changing region may affect something drastic when switching back. I definitely don't recommend this.

You've waited this long. Wait a little longer.

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

time is money my friends!!!

the sooner the better hehehehe

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

I'm guessing this doesn't work with the Steam version, does it?

Going to try it out anyway, why not!!!

EDIT: nope, no joy in Steam.  😥

Edited by Mengy

1 minute ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

I'm amazed at all the people willing to mess with their settings and potentially facing future issues because they can't wait a few more hours 😂

I agree, it's like a bunch of kids before Christmas. You've waited 14 years, I'm sure you can wait another 18 hours or so.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonathan Berthier said:

I'm amazed at all the people willing to mess with their settings and potentially facing future issues because they can't wait a few more hours 😂

Think you're making it a bigger deal than it is. It's changing a simple Microsoft setting, something people have used multiple times before to circumvent Microsoft's weak region lock. It has no bearings on the files you download, nor on the digital license attached to your account. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

I do understand the excitement to get the new software and I feel for those who are having problems. I hope they're able to resolve them soon.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

11 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Funnily enough, I just moved to Kiribati too. Great place, but the game asks me to insert the discs afther the first initial splash screens. I dont know what to do. 

Seems to only work for those with gamepass.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU