Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

10 Fail-Proof Optimization Tips! Guaranteed to Work!!

Predictably, this forum is now clogged with so-called "performance fixes", most of which don't do a thing, many of which are going to mess up your system and/or your installation. 

Folks who post these tips usually wiggle themselves out of responsibilty by saying that it worked for them and may not work for you. 

I mean, I drink a bucket of cheap wine every morning, it may or may not help you but it sure makes me feel good....

Anyways, here are MY tips that actually WORK:

1. Double your Ram from 8 to 16 gigabyte
2. Invest in modest hardware upgrades. If you're spending more than $1.000 to $1.200 on a new PC, you've thrown money out the window. (Exception: you're running complex graphical operations on your PC as well.)
3. Clean the dust out of your PC, pay special attention to the fans. 
4. Keep your Windows 10 installation up to date 
5. Sliders Left! Accept that you will have to find a compromise between visuals and performance. Lower settings until you've found that sweet spot. 
6. Stop obsessing about frame rates.
7. Stop running word not allowed in the background
8. Stick with 1080p - see post 5, accept a compromise between visuals and performance
9. Stop messing around with .cfg files and your registry 
10. Enjoy MSFS for what it is and for what it will become!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I thought none of this was needed in the pre-game hype?

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

The OP forgot to mention that this is a game that is still incomplete and in beta. It reminds me of XP10 without a working GTN unit. How long I waited for a third party developer to make one a reality.

Tweaking will always be a part of this hobby so get used to it!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Predictably, this forum is now clogged with so-called "performance fixes", most of which don't do a thing, many of which are going to mess up your system and/or your installation. 

Folks who post these tips usually wiggle themselves out of responsibilty by saying that it worked for them and may not work for you. 

That is a bit offensive towards many users here who spend a lot of time investigating tweaks and sharing them with others. Some of the tweaks found are really helpful, such as the Process Lasso and the RTSS tweak. Your list however, while it's based on common sense, lacks any substance.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

18 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Your list however, while it's based on common sense, lacks any substance.

I eagerly await your rebuttal of my suggestions. 

I guess I like throwing money out the window then, cause I'm about to throw another $700 out on a new RTX3080 on 17 Sep 😄

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 1

RE Thomason Jr.

Once you have done 4k on a 43" monitor you wont go back to 1080P on a monitor.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

6KvSsTQh.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

One thing that shocked me about this forum was how many people here are apparently spending obscene amounts of money for prebuilt PCs (without doing a lot of research about detailed system specs), then making strange configuration changes like switching off hyperthreading to optimize performance in FSX/P3D, and finally wondering why MSFS runs horribly on that 3000$ PC they just bought a few months ago.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, yurei said:

Once you have done 4k on a 43" monitor you wont go back to 1080P on a monitor.

That is so true. No way I could go back. I think the OP somehow feels a bit depressed about his system, and feels he needs to come across as a flight sim guru, which he clearly is not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

8 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

he needs to come across as a flight sim guru, which he clearly is not.

Nah, there are already more gurus around here than at a beach in Goa.