Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

LOD and popping

Anyone else think that the LOD draw distance is diabolical? Flying along at 3500ft I can see objects popping in, in front of me.......

yep,  a very know issue at this point...

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone else think that the LOD draw distance is diabolical? Flying along at 3500ft I can see objects popping in, in front of me.......

Your rig just pops no matter what you fly, doesn't it?

Just when you thought you were out, they draw you back in.

• Like 3

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yeah this new patch has wrecked lod. Totally Xbox’d....

• Like 1

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yup...  They are slowly modding us into the upcoming XBOX version!

Chris Camp

3 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Yup...  They are slowly modding us into the upcoming XBOX version!

It's interesting to watch how this happens. Complete speculation in one thread today, will probably be accepted as a known and incontrovertible fact in the community by tomorrow!

• Like 8

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just now, HiFlyer said:

It's interesting to watch how this happens. Complete speculation in one thread today, will probably be accepted as a known and incontrovertible fact in the community by tomorrow!

LOL!

Chris Camp

9 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I had notice alot of the same after the release from people who assume they know exactly what MS/asobo,s plan is . again nothing but Speculation and plenty of times if you don't agree you almost treated like you are the devil . 

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Clear Yes. Popping Scenery all over even in between 2-3miles in front of me. Very annoying.I assume Asobo had to do something about the performance issues some of us simmers had.

BUT this is NOT the way to do that.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The Xbox version will be an optimized version of the game, it has nothing to do with the PC version, right?

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Popping scenery was (just one) of THE most annoying issues of the FSX legacy sims.    I hope this was an oversight and not a deliberate implementation.  I noticed this  after new patch installation - it's hard to be distracted by it.

Edited by ErichB

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I will not take it as a fact until I see a video comparison of "before and after" flying in the same area with the same settings. There are tons of videos on Youtube, it shouldn't be difficult to make.

Honestly I can't see differences, apart from the framerate which has improved a lot with the previous patch. And I can't see a reason why Asobo would cripple the LOD for more powerful systems, having sliders that range from 10 to 200 thus allowing fine tuning for everyone.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I don’t need a video when multiple people are reporting it here and masses over the official forums. And it is as clear as daylight when you are flying. Just when things were looking up! 

• Like 3

Just flying down the Snake River canyon from Big Bar, in the Savage Cub. 90kts, and you can never see more that a mile ahead, yet there, right in front of the aircraft, 100-200 yards away, the mash is snapping into more detail. Did that very same trip yesterday pre-patch and it was perfectly fine. I seriously hope this is a bug and not a "feature", because this would get old very quickly...

• Like 3