Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

World Update 2: USA - Scope?

10 hours ago, Bottle said:

They initially said there would be region updates with a focus on less travelled regions. Japan makes sense, especially the scope of it. So I was very surprised when they said the US will be next. Not only is that huge, but it's also anything but less travelled. So l wonder if it won't be the whole US but just a region like the Pacific Coast. If so, they'll have shot themselves in the foot again by raising expectations.

If it's any region in the US that really needs an update is Hawaii.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, ludekbrno said:

You have to understand

I do understand mate, and my comment is very general at best.  I just want a team (any team) to work full time on the SDK until all aspects are completed and this is for the benefit of everybody concerned.  I am also very much aware that some simmers want aircraft SDK fully completed as a priority in the same way that some want sceneries completed fully as a priority, and so on.  Which ever approach MS/Asobo take, they are not going to please everybody, but I believe SDK fully completed (in all aspects) should be a priority.  Having said that, I am an incredibly happy vegemite in that my installation is working very well and what it lacks, I seek in the other programmes. Scenery is not one of those things lacking however LOL

So yes, My comments were very much general in nature, were not a criticism nor were they a wish list.

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I'm positive that mesh updates, photogrammetry cities, and satellite imagery updates will be free world updates as long as MS keeps making them. It makes absolutely no sense for them to maintain different versions of the base data on their cloud servers, they wouldn't want to introduce this as additional unnecessary complexity.

To be honest, what surprised me though was the release of the 5 additional handcrafted airports with the Japan update, especially because they said a while ago, they don't want to cannibalise the 3PDs by releasing too much detailed new scenery updates. Maybe they decided to take a different direction, as this is a direct result from the cooperation with Gaia simulations, and they're going to contract a different developer for scenery updates in each world update.

They may keep additions to the scenery as part of the free world updates in the future, but I don't see a technical reason for this as I do for the mesh/photogrammetry updates. It mostly depends on what they define as "free world updates"... I've been more than happy with the scope and size of the Japan update. 

Edited by pstrub
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

12 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I guess due to my time limitation of being a fairly new parent, plus checking out the base scenery, I had no idea there was so many mods for this sim already. My lord, this is crazy! Thanks for sharing it. 

Mod question, are these getting erased with each new MSFT update? 

enjoy! it is sometime insane how good they are!

• Upvote 1

Victor Roos

lordy, lordy, lordy.. people would you stop speculating...  all you are doing is driving yourself into false expectation and then giving others who read the topic vague hope which they will then repeat elsewhere and then that will generate..  I was promised xyz update and it never happened and now it's not even on the dev list and they broke my sim again.

We also have no idea what will be free or paid for in the future.. it's all rabid speculation...  what will be will be...  it would be much better to discuss the actual release when it's happened with facts about what was actually in it 🙂

The answer to the OP's question is  .......

NO.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Just now, Moria15 said:

lordy, lordy, lordy.. people would you stop speculating...

After slamming or evangelising MSFS, speculation is the second most common theme on the forums.
Why else would you be here otherwise? 😀

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, F737NG said:

After slamming or evangelising MSFS, speculation is the second most common theme on the forums.

tips and tricks on how to use the EXISTING features,  to try and determine if something really is a bug before Zendesking it and to chat with other people who are "glass half full" types. 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

US update - I hear they're doing a great job.  It'll be the best update in the world.  🙂

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, RobF2 said:

US update - I hear they're doing a great job.  It'll be the best update in the world.  🙂

It'll be the greatest update the world has ever seen, immune to any other updates too!!!  LOL 

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

MSFS is severely flawed! But what it does well, it does so great that it makes the bad parts forgotten! Maybe they will further improve it, so it becomes the GOAT of flightsims!

I think I catered to everyone. 🙂

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

12 hours ago, JughedJones said:

Please Please Please Portland.  

(I already asked via Zendesk) 

Please Please Portland Oregon. 

?? what is the issue with Portland OR relative to global scenery?  Just curious.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

9 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

?? what is the issue with Portland OR relative to global scenery?  Just curious.

I dont know, Mike. 

But it doesn't look great does it?

Just now, JughedJones said:

I dont know, Mike. 

Personally I thought it actually looked a bit better then other cities, Portland vs Boise for example. 

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 minute ago, JughedJones said:

I dont know, Mike. 

Well, Portland does have some issues, although I still am pretty amazed:

• Bridges are not quite the right shapes, although you can at least get the idea (Tillikum and Fremont), and I even saw trees growing on the Interstate bridge.
  • Some satellite photos were changing color as I flew over the Central Eastside.

But even so, I am astounded that it looks like it does, and can still VFR navigate around the city.

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020