Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 19th 2020 - Development Update

8 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

feature design work (which unfortunately I can’t talk about yet)

Interesting. Or should I say, "super interesting"?

I still regret that a tiny minority of people with loud voices directed resources off to VR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 767lover said:

Any idea where that first screenshot is taken?

According to the user's forum post, "Salton Sea, California".

Ability to open doors - 2021/22 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Whatever happened to the advanced particle system? For contrails and smoke etc.... I heard it mentioned a couple of times a few months ago, and nothing since. I don’t see it in the feedback snapshot. Unless I’ve missed something?

5 hours ago, KJANRBeard said:

Some of the things on the development roadmap...I am puzzled about...YES, there are things listed for sure that we essentially need.

That was a goal, BTW, to learn about Airbuses.  So, I'm not bashing that.. but I would have hoped they'd be working on "sim platform" items as priority, over 1 specific plane model...that 3rd parties could build so well.....Get it up to x-plane or p3d levels....That's great for us all...

Just the priorities to be fixed, seems misguided sometimes...I know it takes time to build great software and I don't mind the wait AT ALL.

You raise a couple of valid points, but please keep in mind that the development roadmap is mentioning just a few points and the list doesn't represent the whole development process, it's only their response to the highest voted issues in the official forums.

As you can see, they focus a lot of work on improving the SDK, i.e. laying the groundwork for 3rd party developers, without a mention in the feedback snapshot. In the past there have always been points in the release notes that hadn't been mentioned before in either the roadmap or the forum feedback. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Wish they would specify when is "Sim Update 3."  Did we already have a "Sim Update 2"?  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Wish they would specify when is "Sim Update 3."  Did we already have a "Sim Update 2"?  

In one of the developer Q&As / interviews Jörg mentioned something like: 1 sim update and one minor bugfix update per month, world updates every 2-3 months. Looking at the open issues tagged with "Sim Update 2", I'd assume this is the Nov 25th update, and Sim Update 3 has a tentative release date 4 weeks later, i.e. December 23rd. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

5 hours ago, KJANRBeard said:

But, I hope it's not 2025 before we get basic items we need as flight simmers(Essentials) to really learn close to what the REAL people do everyday...that's what's cool.  This platform is soooo much a step in the right direction....just...arrrggghhh sometimes...the things it seems in the near future...that we are seeing coming..

While we all would like a higher speed, I would suggest taking a look upon development of the competition: Prepar3d, X-Plane, not to speak of AeroflyFS2.

Prepar3d has minor updates (often including few new features requested by the community) perhaps trice a year, with maybe a couple of hotfixes in-between, if they broke something (yes, others do it, too).

X-Plane has non-beta minor versions with a comparable pace, and the visible progress (perhaps with the exception of Vulcan this year, which they have been working on for years) is often minor, too.

AeroflyFS2 devs have been taking about a major big revolutionary update for  - perceived - 2 years now. We got a new chopper (albeit good) but none of the much-requested features like AI-planes, ATC, road traffic, and the like, which were promised in the dark ages.

So development of such an involved beast just takes time. None of us is served by quick shots, as we have seen.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

50 minutes ago, pstrub said:

In one of the developer Q&As / interviews Jörg mentioned something like: 1 sim update and one minor bugfix update per month, world updates every 2-3 months. Looking at the open issues tagged with "Sim Update 2", I'd assume this is the Nov 25th update, and Sim Update 3 has a tentative release date 4 weeks later, i.e. December 23rd. 

I guess we will find out later about the date of "Sim Update 3."  But "Sim Update 3" now includes the G1000/G3000 fixes.  From the last update snapshot from one or two weeks ago, the G1000/G3000 fixes was set for February.  The G1000/G3000 updates were originally scheduled for Update 9, and then they showed a date of February in the update snapshot from one or two weeks ago, and now it just shows "Sim Update 3."

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Whilst I am sure that our friends across the pond in North America will be pleased to see the next major scenery upgrade, I do wonder how MS decides the order in which geographical areas are enriched. First of all it was Japan (odd choice)? next North America (home of MS of course).
Just looking at the Countries scenery updates on Flightsim.to reveals the following leaders:
1 - UK 236 updates
2 - USA 214 updates
3 - France 134 updates
4 - Netherlands 125 updates
5 - Spain - 124 updates
So just four European countries beat the USA by 619 to 214. I have no idea which countries host the most simmers (presumably USA)? but surely not Japan. How long does Europe have to wait to be blessed with an upgrade I wonder. PDQ I would hope.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Whatever happened to the advanced particle system? For contrails and smoke etc.... I heard it mentioned a couple of times a few months ago, and nothing since. I don’t see it in the feedback snapshot. Unless I’ve missed something?

Yes, I noticed that too. It was taken off from backlog. I hope they are working on them.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

2 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Just looking at the Countries scenery updates on Flightsim.to reveals [...]

As you say that doesn‘t mean that there‘s more European simmers. Off the top of my head I‘d say one of the reasons there‘s more sceneries for Europe on flightsim.to is that the US is already well covered by photogrammetry so there’s not that much need for cities and landmarks. The UK on the other hand, which has one of the largest simmer communities (if not the largest) in Europe, is only poorly covered, thus that many sceneries. I guess the numbers of North American and European simmers are similar. Anyway, I hope Europe‘s not too far off as well.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Helicopters in 2022???

Are you kidding me?

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD