Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

4 hours ago, jetlag said:

Thanks, Henrik, for this great contribution to our hobby!   Just like the previous poster, I am puzzled by my experience last night as I was testing.  I had all traffic at 6% and local daytime.

- Suez canal: a couple of ships at both ends, none in the canal.  No worry.

- Then I went to the immediate vicinity of Messina, Calais, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Singapore:  absolutely zero traffic.

- Then I went close to Sidney and the place was teeming with ships of all kinds, just as expected!

I wonder if there is a simple explanation?  something I overlooked?

That you have no traffic at Calais and Singapore points to an installation issue; now certain sceneries adds static ships and that also goes for the default scenery which e.g. places some static ships in New York harbor and there could also be some default ship traffic around so that could explain what you see. How did you install? Can you post screenshots of the ships you saw that would help identifying the issue.

6 hours ago, citationjet said:

Hello, quick question....I have installed the latest version and just flown along the Northsea coastline from Westerland(EDXW) towards Hamburg and the Elbe river....I didnt see one single ship....nothing in the north sea, nothing on the Elbe River towards Hamburg? Traffic is set to 10%

Any ideas? Thx in advance

Mark

Same to you - and please try to take a flight near Calais.

Still working on the Great Lakes - I will be out for a couple of days but next weekend it should be ready

21092710255116112917590465.jpg

21092710274416112917590466.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, KL791 said:

That you have no traffic at Calais and Singapore points to an installation issue;

Thanks for your quick response.  I think I have found my problem. 

1.   I had installed V2 using MSFS Addons Linker: is this even allowed?

2.   I found out later that the V1 -CVT file was still in the community folder

It is likely that those two versions conflicted with one another.  I have now put V2 directly in the Community folder and the Straits of Malacca are now busy enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetlag said:

is this even allowed?

I have mine with Add-on Linker and it works fine, lots of traffic in Gibraltar, Rio and Singapore.

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Great Lakes should be launched tonight inlcuding Lake Superior, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, Lake Ontario, and Lake Huron 😄

21100203190916112917596980.jpg

21100203190916112917596977.jpg

21100203190816112917596976.jpg

21100203190816112917596973.jpg

21100203190816112917596974.jpg

• Like 18

Traffic on the Great Lakes sounds fantastic.  I look forward to downloading later. Clearly you managed to overcome the problem with lakes not being at sea level, Henrik.  Are you planning to add any traffic on the lakes of Austria and Switzerland at any time soon? - I suppose that might need quite a few new models though as well.

I also wonder if it is possible that you could let us have a file or folder with thumbnails of all the different models you have done (or maybe even a PDF if that is more suitable) - as I don't travel the entire world, I'm guessing that there are many that I don't see.

Many thanks for such an excellent addon and all the time you have spent on development.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

35 minutes ago, KL791 said:

Great Lakes should be launched tonight inlcuding Lake Superior, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, Lake Ontario, and Lake Huron 😄

Henrik. This is great news! Looking forward to seeing ships in my own back yard!

Thanks for everything you are doing to make this sim even better and more

life-like. 

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Any chance of implementing ship wakes soon? MSFS development update has a note that ship wakes implementation for MSFS is not scheduled until 2022.

I'm really appreciating the work, but I just can't get my head around fully loaded ocean going ships or fully blown sails on sail boats without ship wakes. Maybe it's just me, but it's like looking at a plane that is suspended mid-air which does not move.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Nice!! Any chance of Lake St Clair? 

Also I think Asobo said theyre flattening water for SU6, does that help or hinder you? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

57 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Any chance of implementing ship wakes soon?

They're coming in an October update last we heard.

Global AI Ship Traffic Great Lakes 1.0 has been uploaded to flightsim.to - it is pending approval right now.

21100210413116112917597446.jpg

A few comments to the above....

@fakeflyer737 well, once a package is out changes from Asobo means extra work... of course in the long run flat water is desirable but after fighting the "water hills" since early this morning they can wait a bit... And finally I did put ships in Lake Ontario as you asked and maybe you will see one or two in Lake St Clair.. 

@bofhlusr wakes and other effects will be implemented but as mentioned several times, things take times - with todays upoad we are talking well above 1100 models in the project and the constant changes from Asobo doesn't exactly make life easier for developers. 

@cianpars it is not that the bug is overcome - what I have done is a rather cumbersome workaround; it will work as long as the bug is still there, but I am not keen on setting up more new Lake projects without knowing the plans for correction of the bug

21100210413216112917597448.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Amazing !! So kind of you to offer this. 

• Like 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

On 9/27/2021 at 11:19 AM, KL791 said:

now certain sceneries adds static ships and that also goes for the default scenery which e.g. places some static ships

Hi Henrik,

First of all, your ships look amazing and add some life to an empty ocean! 🙂

When I fly between the city of Vancouver and Vancouver Island, I see several freighters / tankers as I might expect.

However, I also encounter two Costa cruise ships which typically do not sail these waters.. is there a way to substitute Princess, Holland America, Celebrity.. or similar?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert