Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

15 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

My prediction? If MS don't sack and replace Asobo in the next four months then MSFS 2020 has less than two years to live.

I do like the sim (pre-update!) for GA flying. But it would be fair to say that Asobo are now seriously testing the patience of the community.

Average users on Steam has been about 5000 in recent months, down from 20,000 at launch. The numbers are stable, but I don't see any sign of MSFS building momentum.

For comparison, FSX:SE hit 3500 average users one month last year, and something like Apex Legends sits at around 120,000.

I would think MS would want to see substantially higher number than this 5000-ish daily average if they're planning to keep 200 people on the project.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, DylanM said:

What are you on about...have you even installed the update

I was talking about this back in March last year - this is MS developing Virtual Reality World 2.0 for far more commercial gains than a bunch of us flying aircraft around the skies - but who better to Beta Test it than us?

Mark my words - this is going to go. MS will continue to develop the platform - Azure-based, and then pull the plug on the flight simulator and then take the software elsewhere in to other far more lucrative applications such as retail, commerce, etc.

Thanks for letting us know Mike.  I have that airfield, but I haven't pulled it back onto the community folder yet.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Did you do the first update from MSFS? or did you download and install the smaller 1GB from the store first? This happened to me too. What version do you see when you are in MSFS?

When I started FS 2020 today, it sent me to the MS store first for the 1.2 GB update. Then when that was finished, I started FS again, and then it started downloading the large update, 9.6 GB in my case. I don't know if that is the end of updates either. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I was talking about this back in March last year - this is MS developing Virtual Reality World 2.0 for far more commercial gains than a bunch of us flying aircraft around the skies - but who better to Beta Test it than us?

Mark my words - this is going to go. MS will continue to develop the platform - Azure-based, and then pull the plug on the flight simulator and then take the software elsewhere in to other far more lucrative applications such as retail, commerce, etc.

Sounds like mS Flight years ago. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Lots of conspiracy theory’s in here. I just think it’s a case of, bitten too much off, can’t chew it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

When I started FS 2020 today, it sent me to the MS store first for the 1.2 GB update. Then when that was finished, I started FS again, and then it started downloading the large update, 9.6 GB in my case. I don't know if that is the end of updates either. 

What you did seems right. 

For me it did not send me to the store..it let me download the big update without the small update from store. Then things broke all over. it forced me to do 2 update through MSFS and the version did not increase to 1.14.5.0.

I then panicked and did myself more harm. LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

46 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Noob question: Why is your 10900k not boosting to 5,3 GHz?

I believe you have an unclockable cpu - these new 1090's only use more ghz when needed - floats all over the place I wouldnt pay attention to it - its like car engine 4 cylinder then pops to 8 cylinder when you get on it - yes corvettes have this feature which I over ride 🙂 I want all 8 cylinders at all times - modern tech 😞 

I was told that it saves life span of the cpu - yah whatever - I thought I was purchasing a k (unlockable) version cpu and built pc was to late but if you keep checking it you do see it hits almost 5.3 ghz when being pushed - at idle it really falls off - if works well its actually not a big deal - that said I will make sure next time its a K version cpu 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

15FPS at starting page...not even inside a flight?

start.png

• Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Anyone else seeing really slow downloads for this and last patch(es)? The original download at release was around 90-100 mbps. Now seeing 14-20 mbps MAX. What gives?!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

11 minutes ago, Manny said:

Did you do the first update from MSFS? or did you download and install the smaller 1GB from the store first? This happened to me too. What version do you see when you are in MSFS?

Indeed, that has solved the problem. I had started MSFS and it automatically launched the update. It's weird to me, that I have to launch another update. Why is MSFS not just installing it with the update that has been installed on lauching the sim?

• Like 1

I haven't noticed fps drop but seems screen tearing is gone!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

15FPS at starting page...not even inside a flight?

start.png

Yikes - that's bad...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Manny said:

Indeed, that has solved the problem. I had started MSFS and it automatically launched the update. It's weird to me, that I have to launch another update. Why is MSFS not just installing it with the update that has been installed on lauching the sim?

I have the feeling that the GPU is more demanded, has anyone experienced the same?

G1000:

Finally we have Track Up that works on the map. Although we already had HDG up in the WT G1000 mod. We can Turn Synthetic visions off. Most of these improvements were already available with the WT Mod.

Still no way of doing a proper Direct To in the FPL. Menus are still buggy as hell. I did initiate an RNAV and even though the altitudes were NOT reflected in the flight plan, it followed the procedure to the tee with VNAV and eventually APP mode selected. VNAV switched into GS.. that's a major improvement. Autopilot seemed vastly improved (C208 Caravan).

But in essence nothing as drastic as the WT Mod, and I cant wait to for Working Title to update the G1000 and improve on the latest MSFS Updates.

Still a major disappointment. You would think a partnership with Textron would ensure a solid rendition of the G1000 on the Caravan.

ProLine:

On another note the KA350i is equally as disappointing, with its rendition of the ProLine Fusion Cockpit. Its an amazing aircraft and I have the pleasure of flying the 350 with ProLine 21 IRL. WT are doing an amazing job on the CJ4 ProLine 21 avionics. Realistically, how crazy would it be to get the WT CJ4 avionics into the ASOBO 350? I would definitely love that. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Z370 Gaming Trident X | Intel i7-9700K | RAM 32.0 GB | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080