Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

9 minutes ago, Aamir said:

These will come. We're still in an early Alpha, plenty of content to come. Tomorrow, for example, we are posting a deep dive on the MCDU and what it'll do (things like RTA, ETPs, Step Climbs, etc. which are pretty nifty - and as yet unavailable in most A320s across any sim platform..)!

It's a totally unexpected and, for me, welcome happening, the announcement of this Airbus A320 Project !  

It is arriving at just the right time, from my perspective 🙂

☝️

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@Aamir

I'd be interested to hear something about the flight model. As @jcomm already asked - is it external as well or do you use the MSFS flight model?

In general, how do you guys like the results? How does it feel to hand-fly the A320 especially on take-off and landing?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

24 minutes ago, tweekz said:

@Aamir

I'd be interested to hear something about the flight model. As @jcomm already asked - is it external as well or do you use the MSFS flight model?

In general, how do you guys like the results? How does it feel to hand-fly the A320 especially on take-off and landing?

If there are 4 real time Airbus Pilots flying and testing this aircraft, do you think that they might be able to judge if it is a good flight model or not? 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

27 minutes ago, tweekz said:

@Aamir

I am not type rated on the A320, so I will reserve my comments for the moment and allow the real type rated guys to speak their minds when the time comes 🙂

• Like 6

Aamir Thacker

@Aamir

Hello, 

One thing that FSL got right that no one else has ever in the history of flight sim is the soundset! its so immersive! 

Its mainly the cabin sounds that make it immersive and I am not sure if they're planned but below are some ideas from FSL

add the mic option in the cockpit so we can make an announcement and when we move to the cabin we can hear it?

Passenger chatter and movement sound and have the option for announcement recordings played during different stage of flight just like FSL

They also recently implement a window shade logic which is cool

One suggestion I have that can make it more immersive is to have a view with a tv screen that will show flight map something that the progam feelthere map did.

Thank you 🙂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I prefer to base my buying decision on the actual  released product, reviewed by someone I trust, rather than falling for hype and a few promotional videos.

But that's just me.

I usually go with the gut. And it's telling me to Buy.  That's just me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

been doing that for more than 40 years now 🙂

Jealous! Just started my journey, CPL a month ago, multi-engine instrument rating coming up.

Hopefully one day the Fenix may be helping me for my sim checks, who knows. In the mean time, job hunting and studying. Ah!

• Like 3

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

I was annoyed by that in the beginning as well. But to be honest, I think this is even more realistic and other sims are too static. MSFS really does a good job of simulating the interaction with air masses.

If you sit in a real plane your mind will "cancel out" those little movements and you don't notice them. If you put a camera on the dashboard and watch the approach in similar conditions, it'll look about the same. Maybe a tad overexaggerated.

I checked this out yesterday when taking a turn with the FBW A320. While in the cockpit it seemed a bit twitchy, from the cabin view it looked like what I am used to as a passenger.

This right here. Often times in xp and p3d unless you see the scenery going by, you wouldnt know you were flying. Completely static. In msfs it gives the illusion of flying without looking like a static object

• Like 1

This project is for me a landmark for MSFS2020. Such a deep and custom modeled complex aircraft, with fully featured systems, automation, is a proof that even though it appears to be very limiting for devs to create something complex within the Sandbox that Asobo has created for 3rd parties, it can be done.

I have read somewhere the FlightModel side of things still haven't been tweaked. The constant wobbling around Yaw indicates me that. It's a common issue within all Addons I have tried so far in MSFS2020, due to how the Simulator will calculate stability 3X to 5X higher than it should be, specially directionally. They have acknowledge it, but haven't changed anything internally, just tweaked their own default planes to improve. The SDK makes no mention of it as well.

• Like 1

Alexis Mefano

27 minutes ago, be1a1 said:

@Aamir

Hello, 

One thing that FSL got right that no one else has ever in the history of flight sim is the soundset! its so immersive! 

Yes it is and its not somthing a lot of people get or understand that have not flown it themselfs. 

I am pretty sure FENIX will know all about the FSL as it must be the Gold standard to shoot for. The one part that FSL never got to the standard of the Aircraft itself was the VC modeling. Still looks better than the terriable default MSFS Neo, but the FENIX looks stunning, the best Ive even seen a A320 VC look. AS looked like it just rolled of the line, good but so bland. FSL although not like the FENIX did nice touchers like some of the panals had been swapped out. The FENIX  clearly is a very used VC but all the panels are the same colour......Its nice to look and think some have been swapped out at some point in time. 

just a thought!I personally prefer subtitle over heavy weathering...Its a fine line....

186522319_1394819607547115_3683159366194

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Yes it is and its not somthing a lot of people get or understand that have not flown it themselfs. 

I am pretty sure FENIX will know all about the FSL as it must be the Gold standard to shoot for. The one part that FSL never got to the standard of the Aircraft itself was the VC modeling. Still looks better than the terriable default MSFS Neo, but the FENIX looks stunning, the best Ive even seen a A320 VC look. AS looked like it just rolled of the line, good but so bland. FSL although not like the FENIX did nice touchers like some of the panals had been swapped out. The FENIX  clearly is a very used VC but all the panels are the same colour......Its nice to look and think some have been swapped out at some point in time. 

just a thought!

186522319_1394819607547115_3683159366194

Hi Nyxx,

Thanks for the kind words, we worked very hard on our textures. Appreciate someone noticing the swapped panels (this happens tonnes on service aircraft), and when you get the chance, look a little closer at some of the VC shots, especially the close ups - you'll notice the text is engraved into the panel as it is in the real airplane (to the tune of microns!) and that certain panels have "edge" wear, wherein the color has come off the edges and they've been hastily repainted - therefore appearing more blue with "newer" paint on the edges with a distinct "painted over" look - this is once again very common on service aircraft. 

19 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I usually go with the gut. And it's telling me to Buy.  That's just me.

Hi Greazer,

I'm glad you see it that way - but the plan for us is to release this airplane for review to media sites and reviewers before our full launch, to ensure consumers have the opportunity to go in with their eyes wide open and as much confidence as possible. We appreciate we're new (as a company) to this scene and we have a lot of bridges to build with you all before we earn some trust - so we will do just that.

As an aside, I hope that I am not breaching any of Avsim's rules by engaging with you all here - I do not want to come off as advertising our product on these forums. If a moderator could clarify, I will rest easy!

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Aamir Thacker

3 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Hi Nyxx,

Thanks for the kind words, we worked very hard on our textures. Appreciate someone noticing the swapped panels (this happens tonnes on service aircraft), and when you get the chance, look a little closer at some of the VC shots, especially the close ups - you'll notice the text is engraved into the panel as it is in the real airplane (to the tune of microns!) and that certain panels have "edge" wear, wherein the color has come off the edges and they've been hastily repainted - therefore appearing more blue with "newer" paint on the edges with a distinct "painted over" look - this is once again very common on service aircraft. 

Sounds great.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, Aamir said:

As an aside, I hope that I am not breaching any of Avsim's rules by engaging with you all here - I do not want to come off as advertising our product on these forums. If a moderator could clarify, I will rest easy!

I suspect it's ok? Plenty others are doing this here.

Anyway keep up the great work, the art work does look amazing!

Edited by akita

14 minutes ago, Aamir said:

I'm glad you see it that way - but the plan for us is to release this airplane for review to media sites and reviewers before our full launch, to ensure consumers have the opportunity to go in with their eyes wide open and as much confidence as possible. We appreciate we're new (as a company) to this scene and we have a lot of bridges to build with you all before we earn some trust - so we will do just that.

Take your time to make the Fenix A320 as good as possible.  If you need to, take an extra 2 or 3 months to polish it off.  Aerosoft took 3 more months to polish off their CRJ and the reception for it was mostly positive when it was released.

There will be a lot of critics out there the moment the Fenix A320 is released.  So I think you want to take the time to make a good impression.  Hopefully in your beta testing, you will invite even more A320 pilots to beta test it, so that they can give you even more feedback on it, and you can polish it off even more.  Good luck to your team!  Cheers.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, suncoastflyer said:

Jealous! Just started my journey, CPL a month ago, multi-engine instrument rating coming up.

Hopefully one day the Fenix may be helping me for my sim checks, who knows. In the mean time, job hunting and studying. Ah!

I sincerely hope you can get to accomplish your dream !!!

And yes, good addons can be useful, in any good flight simulation platform, as proficiency tools.

I should point out also that regarding types you are already far ahead of me, since these more than 40 years have been spent on gliders "only".

Alexis bellow also got his ATPL, and, I am sure, is really looking fwd into it 😁

1 hour ago, Alec said:

This project is for me a landmark for MSFS2020. Such a deep and custom modeled complex aircraft, with fully featured systems, automation, is a proof that even though it appears to be very limiting for devs to create something complex within the Sandbox that Asobo has created for 3rd parties, it can be done.

I have read somewhere the FlightModel side of things still haven't been tweaked. The constant wobbling around Yaw indicates me that. It's a common issue within all Addons I have tried so far in MSFS2020, due to how the Simulator will calculate stability 3X to 5X higher than it should be, specially directionally. They have acknowledge it, but haven't changed anything internally, just tweaked their own default planes to improve. The SDK makes no mention of it as well.

👍👍👍👍

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...