Hotfix for CTDs and major issues coming soon

It does seem to me that this update has caused a lot of problems 

My sim was quite robust up until this latest piece of software addition 

Perhaps this is what is fraying tempers

It was a good sim but now erratic is not strong enough a word 

Sad

xxd09

10 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

We are so lucky to have you now, already judging people after 6 (six) posts.

Welcome anyway

A.

Well, I don't have a lot of posts either, yet I have been here since just about the beginning of Avsim.  So if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to judge either. 

Edited by bcuomo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I haven't seen any either, but I have heard ATC talk to them, maybe Asobo made them invisible to save some fps 🙂

Options Controls screen,  search for "Space-Time Universal Coordinates". Set to 3 to make all AI visible. Set to 4 (turns on time travel) to make them invisible. This stealth mode also works great in DCS combat !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

A great example of negative-toxicity is ultra visible ( at maximum settings) on X-Plane Next Generation Forestry preview on youtube. Almost 80% of comments are dedicated to MSFS like there is a F-SIM-War! 

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

5 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

Well, I don't have a lot of posts either, yet I have been here since just about the beginning of Avsim.  So if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to judge either.

Well said.

The people's flag is deepest red.

6 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Jayne is at Microsoft, and she is in constant communication with Asobo developers. I don't think it would be in her interest to post fake news...

I’ll prefer to read it from Asobo..thanks.  If a hot fix were actually coming you would think it would be important enough to deserve its own official post, and not as an after thought on a post about “though shall not do this and that”.

Perhaps Asobo will address it this evening if they have a weekly publication.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

FANTASTIC !!

Yet others have issues and  while frankly I've had a mostly trouble free and uneventful upgrade myself with nothing show stopping to complain about it would be nice if others can just respect that everyone is different and stuff may not work the same for others. I was in their shoes when Asobo completely screwed up the first bunch of updates. 

Give these people the space to air their issues and provide tangible support or solutions if you can. Otherwise enjoy the update.  

In the first half of the 90's I was sysop of a BBS totally dedicated to flight simming. When someone had problems, everyone wanted to know, understand, help. One of my users was 81 years old; one day he bought some additional memory; three different people volunteered to go and help him install the chips. One of them would have had to drive three hours to get there. That's what it was. I can't really understand why this hobby has changed in the last years. 

To put it simply: if I have problems with MSFS2020, where should I seek for help, suggestions, friendship? on a forum on trout fishing? 

Andrea

• Like 3

Everybody was aware that this update is solely focusing on Xbox, we were just hoping it would not affect us too much, unfortunately It did.

MS / Asobo had to tolerate a lot of issues to get it out in time, knowing that many issues are critical for us, but not important for a new XBox user generation in the first couple of months.

I strongly believe that they now turn their attention back to the simulation  side of topics. From MS Flight they learned that whatever they deliver must be simulated as close to the real world as possible. 

This might be distracted again with the Top Gun Expansion, but in general I am very optimistic that they are totally serious in providing e.g. best in class AI Traffic and Weather Simulation.

it just needs a lot of time to reach SU4 reliability for both platforms and then expand from there. The future is bright!

Edited by urthgental
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Flypops said:

If you have an Intel CPU you may want to try turning off hyperthreading in BIOS. This lowered my temps 12-15 C. After the SU5 update I re-enabled HT and on my next sim session I spiked to 98C, 2 degrees away from Tjunction and immediately shut it down and went back into BIOS and disabled again. Highest temp spikes are now low to mid 80's and only for fractional seconds. Much more pleasant. Although I still can't fly. Reliably.

What sort of performance hit did you have by turning off HT?

18 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

I repeat: after 6 posts. Being around and reading without participating (which is perfectly legitimate and something I do in other places) is different from writing about your ideas, asking or giving help, and so on.

I am happy you are not me.

Regards

A.

49 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I am alright about being called a 'complainer', if that is what I do over a specific issue(s).  That is factual, and I would rather be called that than a child or whinger etc., although I don't let it affect me from coming from the ones I have no respect for anymore anyway! :smile:

But this thing about balance.  If that is what we need, then I wholeheartedly agree.  Maybe lack of recognition or self awareness is the issue, and I am sorry if I have contributed to it.  

So, please help me out here (I am not being sarcastic).  Can you give me an example of 'making a point to word their posts in such a way that it is offensive to the users that have no problems'. 
I am not being funny, I really haven't seen this, and I don't know how it would work.  Maybe that is part of my problem.

You see, if I am enjoying the sim (and believe me I really do most of the time - there are times I have been absolutely awestruck by it), if I saw a thread with people complaining, I would pop in to have a look to see if there is anything I could do to help, but if not, I would feel sorry for them, and leave the thread without commenting on anything; I certainly wouldn't feel offended, or start calling them whingers etc..  So is it me?  Is there something I am not recognising or I am not seeing?  Serious Question!

Yes, its you, its ALL your fault! 😄 

No but im just saying, the things like "made for the xbox kids", "fake sim" , "arcade game" , etc etc. You know exactly what im talking about. I can easily see how a happy user can feel offended by it.

Ok, this is so boring actually, can we move on to another topic? 😄 

• Like 1

So did they actually optimise processes to other CPU threads, like they said they did, or just degrade the sim to make it seems like it was optimised?

25 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I’ll prefer to read it from Asobo..thanks.  If a hot fix were actually coming you would think it would be important enough to deserve its own official post, and not as an after thought on a post about “though shall not do this and that”.

Perhaps Asobo will address it this evening if they have a weekly publication.

Here’s your proof even though you already had proof as Jayne is a member of staff for Microsoft.

• Like 3

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Geeez this is suppose to be a "good news" topic and it has derailed to negativity already, even called fake news. 

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have had it turned on today on three flights, haven't seen any live traffic yet. 

If there is one thing at this point that we should be all able to agree on, its that experience's are varying widely with this update.

bxo0Jj.png

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5