Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 visual expansion released

Decided to spend the 20 euros and dusted off the q400 again. I am still amazed how Majestic manage to do what they did. I am getting 3.6/7.1 VRAM (I cannot justify spending that much money on a new RTX card) with setting quite high at a fairly demanding airport. The PC6 maxed out the VRAM immediately at this airport. 

Johan Pienaar

2 hours ago, rocketlaunch said:

The only reason you are going to part with 20 euros here is if you feel like supporting the developer. To be fair I did so I bought the pack but it is poor value.

Support them to keep on putting out low quality upgrades? Isn't it sending the wrong signal?
You would be better donating the money to Chewy for highlighting the poor quality and value for money of this upgrade.

Cheers

Steve Hall

40 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

Support them to keep on putting out low quality upgrades? Isn't it sending the wrong signal?
You would be better donating the money to Chewy for highlighting the poor quality and value for money of this upgrade.

your point is valid.  However, majestic has put out the most realistic turboprop in all of flight simulation.  Also at a performance that's WAY BETTER than any other payware aircraft I own.  So yeah I give them a pat on the back for that.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Obviously the PBR can be seen on the external model and TG is a nice addition but is there any noticeable improvement in the VC??

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Sorry, I am a total fan of Majestic and their Q400 (have been flying it enthusiastically for years),

but what this "upgrade" is supposed to represent sounds more like a joke (if not a hoax) to me !!!! 😞
This "update" really brings no added value at all, and that for 24 € !!!!
As a longtime customer and fan of Majestic, I feel a bit taken for a ride....

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

I will pass on this one.

I enjoy the Q400 as much as everyone here. But steep price tag for cosmetics (mostly, IIRC)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, SAS443 said:

I will pass on this one.

I enjoy the Q400 as much as everyone here. But steep price tag for cosmetics (mostly, IIRC)

All working here now.  £17 is worth it for the TrueGlass windshield effects alone for me.  Much more immersive in inclement weather 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

There is more than meets the eye with this update but unfortunately I think the developer did not include it in the expansion description.

I fly the Q400 solely in shared cockpit and we were surprised how the plane was more stable! In the past we did experience lag and bugs but it seems Majestic injected a lot of bug fixes with this expansion as well.

Also I don't understand these complaints about paying $20 for an expansion. For christ sake PMDG charges $70 for their expansions! If you are going to be flying study level airplanes and not spending more than $20, Idk what to tell you.

Vincent

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gyzmonfishball said:

Also I don't understand these complaints about paying $20 for an expansion. For christ sake PMDG charges $70 for their expansions! If you are going to be flying study level airplanes and not spending more than $20, Idk what to tell you.

And people will spend $3000.00 plus on a GFX card and not blink an eye, yet moan about $20.00.

I say if you want it for free go and make it for free yourself, then release it as freeware to the world.

Cheers

PS. just getting lunch with my work colleagues cost me $34.00, 30 litres of fuel was $58.00 and road tolls are around $40.00 a week.

Edited by Rogen
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Twenty bucks is half a tank of gas in my 4cyl. truck. 😂

39 minutes ago, newtie said:

Twenty bucks is half a tank of gas in my 4cyl. truck. 😂

How many litres is that ?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

9 hours ago, Rogen said:

And people will spend $3000.00 plus on a GFX card and not blink an eye, yet moan about $20.00.

Different levels of economic utility and value for each unique individual for different products.

Edited by CaptKornDog
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

11 hours ago, gyzmonfishball said:

There is more than meets the eye with this update but unfortunately I think the developer did not include it in the expansion description.

I fly the Q400 solely in shared cockpit and we were surprised how the plane was more stable! In the past we did experience lag and bugs but it seems Majestic injected a lot of bug fixes with this expansion as well.

Vincent

"Buy this expansion because it includes bug fixes they aren't giving to non-paying customers" isn't the great argument you think it is

When I posted that I won't be buying this, all sorts of Avsim people jumped on me. And now it turns out that this add-on is a terrible value for quite a few people, I feel more than justified in not supporting this product. I love the aircraft, but this product was not a good idea, especially not at that price. Good luck to Majestic. 

10 hours ago, Chapstick said:

"Buy this expansion because it includes bug fixes they aren't giving to non-paying customers" isn't the great argument you think it is

Hahaha, can't believe you guys are still complaining about not enough value for $20!