Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Rex Weather Force

@vcarlo, based on your descriptions we do indeed appear to see very similar behaviour.

The bit that really beats me for now is that the first WF injection seems to be good. The following, at least for me, appear to leave a lasting impact on FPS both in terms of overall rate and choppiness (if that is a word). I wonder why that is...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

@vcarlo, based on your descriptions we do indeed appear to see very similar behaviour.

The bit that really beats me for now is that the first WF injection seems to be good. The following, at least for me, appear to leave a lasting impact on FPS both in terms of overall rate and choppiness (if that is a word). I wonder why that is...

The "why" SHOULD be provided by the developer (who appears to be silent on this issue). Your mileage may vary BUT I propose switching off WF when the FPS drops severely and go back to Asobo live.  Depending on the length of your flight you may want to try a later refresh of REX which will probably work great again until that second injection by WF.

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 1

WAT1460.png

23 hours ago, fppilot said:

Why not post your REX WF settings?

See my settings here

- enable real time weather injections

- enable persistent weather load

- adjust weather updates 5 minutes

Thanks

23 minutes ago, gpxe said:

See my settings here
- enable real time weather injections
- enable persistent weather load
- adjust weather updates 5 minutes

Thanks

What about the weather transition rate of change?  What are you using there?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

What about the weather transition rate of change?  What are you using there?

"Persistent weather load" does not allow weather transition rates.

WAT1460.png

10 hours ago, vcarlo said:

The "why" SHOULD be provided by the developer (who appears to be silent on this issue). Your mileage may vary BUT I propose switching off WF when the FPS drops severely and go back to Asobo live.  Depending on the length of your flight you may want to try a later refresh of REX which will probably work great again until that second injection by WF.

Are you following REX on their discord? Did you raise the issue there? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vcarlo said:

"Persistent weather load" does not allow weather transition rates.

So could that be the root cause of what you are experiencing?  Don't know. Just posing the question.  Have you instead tried without Persistent?  I still believe REX could provide more guidance on managing the settings. Similar to what is provided in MSFS Display Options when you position you mouse pointer on a slider.  Could be a simple FAQ.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

When using WF are suppose to turn Weather in Data Off? Obviously have to turn Live weather off. I did not know there was Weather setting Data....

Chris Chiozza

The latest public review release has improved fps further.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Apologies for dredging up an old topic....

When I use the MSFS Live Weather option I get live winds, visibility and pressure but NEVER any clouds.  When I first started using MSFS a few weeks ago clouds would display, but since installing all the updates I get nothing...nada.

Two questions:

1) Anyone have a clue as to why this may be happening?

2) Has REX WF been updated/optimized in a way that makes it a viable alternative should I not be able to ever get clouds (which is so odd)?

Appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Cheers! 

Edited by MNORM

2 hours ago, MNORM said:

Apologies for dredging up an old topic....

When I use the MSFS Live Weather option I get live winds, visibility and pressure but NEVER any clouds.  When I first started using MSFS a few weeks ago clouds would display, but since installing all the updates I get nothing...nada.

Two questions:

1) Anyone have a clue as to why this may be happening?

2) Has REX WF been updated/optimized in a way that makes it a viable alternative should I not be able to ever get clouds (which is so odd)?

Appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Cheers! 

Hi,

I'm not using REX. There is some bug with the sim live weather right now, where many airports don't have any clouds, even if the metar reports layers of clouds. The problem is only in some areas of the world though.

I don't know if it's a Meteoblue servers issue or MSFS issue (I think it's Meteoblue), but hope they can fix it soon.

I have been flying in the Bahamas in Neofly and MYNN never has any clouds (or just a few sometimes), even with metar reporting thunderstorms and CB's in the area. I can see the lightning and hear the thunder but see no clouds. There was one time that clouds coverage was working as it should but after 30 secs to 1 minute all the clouds disappeared. Also happened in other areas of the world, with the exception of USA and Europe, where cloud coverage is most times the same as reported in the metar.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, MNORM said:

Has REX WF been updated/optimized in a way that makes it a viable alternative should I not be able to ever get clouds (which is so odd

I'm using Live Weather all the time at the moment because I'm testing SU10 - WeatherForce is not working with the beta.  Live weather has improved in the beta, but I sure am missing WeatherForce!  I haven't been able to test  it, but apparently the latest version has been optimized further.  There was an issue recently where Rex had a server issue (stopping weather generation) for a few days but that has been fixed

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

Hi,

I'm not using REX. There is some bug with the sim live weather right now, where many airports don't have any clouds, even if the metar reports layers of clouds. The problem is only in some areas of the world though.

I don't know if it's a Meteoblue servers issue or MSFS issue (I think it's Meteoblue), but hope they can fix it soon.

I have been flying in the Bahamas in Neofly and MYNN never has any clouds (or just a few sometimes), even with metar reporting thunderstorms and CB's in the area. I can see the lightning and hear the thunder but see no clouds. There was one time that clouds coverage was working as it should but after 30 secs to 1 minute all the clouds disappeared. Also happened in other areas of the world, with the exception of USA and Europe, where cloud coverage is most times the same as reported in the metar.

Thanks for the info.

I've been flying all over in North America and Australia and no clouds.

58 minutes ago, MNORM said:

Thanks for the info.

I've been flying all over in North America and Australia and no clouds.

Then you have some other problem.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White