Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

2 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Just a side note, you can get a refund from Fenix.

This brings me back to my Fslabs experience in FSX. In short, when the Fslabs first released it was veryyyy bad, it was so bad i went to PayPal and asked for a refund and got it. I kept on following the project development and at after a year of so,  it seems it was getting much much better. I gave them another chance and purchased it. I didn't regrated it this time.  

I might not go the refund route this time as some part of me want to believe it will get better and ill be happy with it one day... for now ill simply fly other things.

Roi Ben

How do you get the refund?

I paid with CC rather than PayPal so not sure if it is possible. If the Fenix performance issues are fixed at a later date and well documented I might purchase it again. 

23 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

bummer, you have more PC than I do.  Once again, one of the many mixed comments on performance for folks at my level.  Just a side note, you can get a refund from Fenix.

I can't understand why some are having performance issues. I was nervous about getting the Fenix, and decided to anyway, and I am delighted with the performance I am getting. It's way better than the PMDG DC6, I am locked to 30 FPS and get that 99% of the time, no stutters, and Track IR is smooth.  I just took off from KLGA with Live Traffic on, 6 aircraft ahead of me, and was getting 30FPS. I don't have a high end PC, and I am delighted with the way the A320 flies. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's definitely heavier on fps than the 737 but it's in no way unflyable on a 5 year old pc like mine (7700k & 1080ti) with absolutely no compromises on graphics settings (all ultra). If anything it's impressive for the level of detail and simulation depth it has. 

If it gets even better with future updates that's an additional bonus. But we have to appreciate the level of detail for the performance loss we are getting, this is by far the most "alive" airplane I have ever used on ANY platform and there are no canned effects. Everything is different every time you activate a system or control surface. 

Edited by Makinen11
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/24/2022 at 6:31 PM, Gate99 said:

You can turn the cabin off through the EFB

Mark

Thanks Mark. Turned it off and it made no difference, still bad performance(for me).

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can't understand why some are having performance issues. I was nervous about getting the Fenix, and decided to anyway, and I am delighted with the performance I am getting. It's way better than the PMDG DC6, I am locked to 30 FPS and get that 99% of the time, no stutters, and Track IR is smooth.  I just took off from KLGA with Live Traffic on, 6 aircraft ahead of me, and was getting 30FPS. I don't have a high end PC, and I am delighted with the way the A320 flies. 

What kind of system you running at what resolution, Bob? 

Glad you've got everything sorted!  

Instead of creating a new thread - and risk triggering some of the more sensitive Avsim members 😉 - I’ll just add this bit of information here:

The Fenix KnowledgeBase articles have a new home: https://kb.fenixsim.com/ ,there’s a lot of good info there.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

16 hours ago, roi1862 said:

10700K@5.0, RTX 2070, 32gb, SSD's and running at 1080p. Yes i did played around with all the provided options. Had mixed results with GPU but sadly the displays are super laggy so its unflyable.

strange  i got  a less  pc  specs  than  you  i  have  no issues with the fenix  just  runs  the  same  as pmdg737   i  don't  turn on  the  fps  counter  at all   all i  care  about is  smoothness  and  getting  to point  a to b as mentioned  in a earlier post  it  strange  that some  users  are  having issues  and  others  have  no issues  with the  same  pc  specs  or greater.

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

HI guys, im keen to try the integrated graphic setting on the Fenix...when i went to select it i discover i don't have integrated graphics option available! Went into the bios and couldn't find anything! My MOBO website says it supports on board graphics so unsure why i can see it even in device manager! Any ideas? (Asus Z390 - Plus gaming mobo)

** Enabled it in BIOS...der...lol

Edited by vonduck
solved

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I'm starting to notice problems now where after a couple of hours the Fenix performance drops from 40-45 FPS to about 30 FPS. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?

2 minutes ago, dolbinau said:

I'm starting to notice problems now where after a couple of hours the Fenix performance drops from 40-45 FPS to about 30 FPS. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?

Yeah strangely enough my FPS also drops in flight (FL370 now) (without the cabin which makes my mouse dissapear when i move to that)

Could it be on Microsoft servers or are they not suppose to impact FPS?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

22 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

strange  i got  a less  pc  specs  than  you  i  have  no issues with the fenix  just  runs  the  same  as pmdg737   i  don't  turn on  the  fps  counter  at all   all i  care  about is  smoothness  and  getting  to point  a to b as mentioned  in a earlier post  it  strange  that some  users  are  having issues  and  others  have  no issues  with the  same  pc  specs  or greater.

Me too. The Fenix is anything but smooth. The PMDG is smooth for me even heavy payware airports. 

However i did checked the FPS and in default airports in the PMDG i am well over 60 fps. In the Fenix around 40. Payware airports are showstopper in the Fenix. 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

No issues here either, PC specs below. On my set up the Fenix is on par with the FBW A320NX,  ( I am on 1080P) with the PMDG 737 being lower than both. I get occasional stutters with the FBW in high density area's, but non as of yet with either the Fenix or PMDG offerings.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

6 minutes ago, Car147 said:

No issues here either, PC specs below. On my set up the Fenix is on par with the FBW A320NX,  ( I am on 1080P) with the PMDG 737 being lower than both. I get occasional stutters with the FBW in high density area's, but non as of yet with either the Fenix or PMDG offerings.

Ditto

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Are people having performance issues checking their VRAM usage? There is at least one known texture bug in the cabin and the livery manager is set to download 8k liveries by default.  You can change this to 4k in the settings.

Ryan