Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

I would like Malta back

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Is there a way to avoid looking at Maverick every MSFS startup?  😉

Get used to it, it's the "new era". Surprised there isn't a streamer talking about it already 😛

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

What a wonderfull World it would be if all we had to worry about were the loading screens on a flight simmulator!.................................

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Hopefully those screens will soon be gone …

They'll soon release a new patch for the patch, or hotfix... whatever!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

11 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

What a wonderfull World it would be if all we had to worry about were the loading screens on a 

Well said, so mutch problems all around..🤨

cheers

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

This does not bother me at all. It reminds me of how great the first Top Gun movie was to watch. Having said that, the sim is loading while I type. Once I press the launch button, I'm back to the browser. 99 tomes out of 100, I don't see what is on the loading screen. So it's ok with me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

My gosh, some of you people will moan about anything. No wonder Avsim has a reputation for being full of miserable old men!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 13

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

My gosh, some you people will moan about anything. No wonder Avsim has a reputation for being full of miserable old men!

AgeistI

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

9 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

My gosh, some of you people will moan about anything. No wonder Avsim has a reputation for being full of miserable old men!

If someone gave a million dollars to each Avsim member, there would be more than a few that would complain about the weight of all that money. 😉

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Is there a way to avoid looking at Maverick every MSFS startup?  😉

Hmm, let's see. You could close your eyes? Or look away. 

Wait - you guys haven't done a takeoff in the Hornet with full afterburner yet? It was the first thing I did today. With Danger Zone blasting from the loudspeakers.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If someone gave a million dollars to each Avsim member, there would be more than a few that would complain about the weight of all that money. 😉

You just won the internet for today. Sprayed my half chewed food across the desk. I'm done 🤣

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

If I handed 100 avsim members a million dollar cheque, 75 would be complaining that they don't have an envelope to put the cheque in. 

14 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It isn't mandatory.

And it isn't 'casual'. Landing on a carrier is pretty hard, some of the challenges are challenging.

The loading screen stuff will most likely go away next World Update in June.

Yes carrier landings are hard….in DCS. Not in msfs with that arcade f18

Lukas Dalton

43 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Not in msfs with that arcade f18

It's not DCS level hard sure, but it's not arcade either. It's not that easy, it's certianlly harder than it was in P3D.

I don't know how anyone is getting such high scores using an X-Box controller.

Edited by Tuskin38

14 hours ago, DaWu said:

I hope that dlc is not mandatory. I don’t want that casual stuff on my disk 

Of course it is not mandatory. Only the new 24mb splash screens are.

Hang on!

1). People moaning about a new Top Gun splash screen

2). People moaning about the people moaning about the new Top Gun splash screen, and how AVSIM is full of miserable old men.

Is there a difference?   We have whining and justifiable whining (because it's a whine about whining) ? 😆

If Bert's post was deemed as annoying, to those who don't like whining, surely the logical, non-hypocritical response would have been to ignore the thread and move on to "non-whining" content?

.....and yes, this post constitutes a "whine about the people whining about people whining about the Top Gun Splash screen".  😁  <-- You can make a smiley ITALIC! Who knew!

NB.  Please be aware that if you whine about my post here, you will become a "four-stage whiner".  Don't do it!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)