Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Is iniBuilds going all in on MSFS?

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Since I've never purchased iniBuilds aircrafts before during the time I was using P3D/XP, do they usually have a pattern when they first announce and then go thru a beta period? Or is it the case when they usually do make official statements then the aircraft is very close to release? Based on their discord statements they seem close to saying something "official", hopefully they provide a release timeline then as well.

So I was paying light attention when iniBuilds released their A310 for XP.  Maybe someone else that was paying more attention at the time of the A310 release can give you more details.

But this is what Ubaid said in the iniBuilds forum on April 21, 2021:

We are now preparing to complete the final systems before we enter an extensive beta-testing period. There have been hundreds of new changes and improvements into this product and we want to ensure that on release you have the best experience possible.

Then in May 21 of 2021, the A310 had entered beta testing:

We are pleased to report progress on this has been going fantastically, and we have officially entered beta testing by our Working Group; and our painters are creating some excellent liveries that will available from Day 1 of release.

So it looks like they did do beta testing for their A310 for XP.  It would be logical if they also did a beta test for their A310 in MSFS. It looks like the beta test for the Maddog, PMDG 737, and Fenix A320 took about 3 to 4 months.  So assuming the A310 enters beta testing by the end of Q3 (ie. end of September), a release is still possible for the end of this year, or end of Q4 of this year. But if it doesn't enter beta by the end of Q3, I doubt it will be released this year.  But this is my own analysis. Perhaps other people will come up with a different analysis.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So it looks like they did do beta testing for their A310 for XP.  It would be logical if they also did a beta test for their A310 in MSFS. It looks like the beta test for the Maddog, PMDG 737, and Fenix A320 took about 3 to 4 months.  So assuming the A310 enters beta testing by the end of Q3 (ie. end of September), a release is still possible for the end of this year, or end of Q4 of this year. But if it doesn't enter beta by the end of Q3, I doubt it will be released this year.  But this is my own analysis. Perhaps other people will come up with a different analysis.

Ah ok thanks, good to know.  If it's a Q4 or later release, then the first high-fidelity long-hauler/wide-body for MSFS might either be the PMDG 777 or iniBuilds A310.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

One interesting thing I saw when I went to iniBuild's store page, is that they also sell other products from other 3rd party developers, like ToLiss, Origami Studios, SimSolutions, etc: https://store.inibuilds.com/

If anybody knows the relationship between iniBuilds and these other companies (ie. iniBuild's relationship with ToLiss), that would be interesting for us to know (but preferably an answer from one of the people that weren't stirring up controversy earlier in this thread).

I ask this question because as you may know, Aerosoft has a good relationship with PMDG.  While it was in both Aerosoft's and PMDG's interest to develop for MSFS (because of the money they make from their products in MSFS), I am going to guess that bringing PMDG on board MSFS was probably made easier when Aerosoft developed a tight relationship with Microsoft/Asobo.  

So I am wondering what type of relationship these companies have with iniBuilds, that are listed on iniBuild's store page.  The fact that iniBuilds is taking a huge leap into MSFS, I wonder if it will have ripple effects on these other companies, to also start projects with MSFS.

I believe Aerosoft did help PMDG here and there with MSFS (ie. Aerosoft helped PMDG with the latest pop out windows for the PMDG 737 in MSFS).  It would be interesting to see, as iniBuilds goes deeper into MSFS and gets a better understanding of how MSFS works, what kind of effect it will have on these other companies that are listed on iniBuild's store page.

21 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

One interesting thing I saw when I went to iniBuild's store page, is that they also sell other products from other 3rd party developers, like ToLiss, Origami Studios, SimSolutions, etc: https://store.inibuilds.com/

If anybody knows the relationship between iniBuilds and these other companies (ie. iniBuild's relationship with ToLiss), that would be interesting for us to know (but preferably an answer from one of the people that weren't stirring up controversy earlier in this thread).

I ask this question because as you may know, Aerosoft has a good relationship with PMDG.  While it was in both Aerosoft's and PMDG's interest to develop for MSFS (because of the money they make from their products in MSFS), I am going to guess that bringing PMDG on board MSFS was probably made easier when Aerosoft developed a tight relationship with Microsoft/Asobo.  

So I am wondering what type of relationship these companies have with iniBuilds, that are listed on iniBuild's store page.  The fact that iniBuilds is taking a huge leap into MSFS, I wonder if it will have ripple effects on these other companies, to also start projects with MSFS.

I believe Aerosoft did help PMDG here and there with MSFS (ie. Aerosoft helped PMDG with the latest pop out windows for the PMDG 737 in MSFS).  It would be interesting to see, as iniBuilds goes deeper into MSFS and gets a better understanding of how MSFS works, what kind of effect it will have on these other companies that are listed on iniBuild's store page.

Toliss did the FMC for the FlightFactor A350. My guess is that they are all in  it together? And that there is no real difference between any of them? It's a cabal hence the extortionate prices?

Edited by jarmstro

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Toliss did the FMC for the FlightFactor A350. My guess is that they are all in  it together? And that there is no real difference between any of them?

That's interesting.  I think iniBuilds getting more involved with MSFS can have ripple effects then, assuming iniBuilds has a good relationship with the other companies on their store page (ie. ToLiss is on their store page).

I guess we will see.  But if it's anything like the Aerosoft/PMDG relationship, it can also result in a cascading effect, where iniBuilds can influence those other companies (if iniBuilds has a close relationship with them) to jump into MSFS.

49 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

If it's a Q4 or later release, then the first high-fidelity long-hauler/wide-body for MSFS might either be the PMDG 777 or iniBuilds A310.

I don't know why everyone keeps excluding the wonderful 777 and 767's already in the MSFS market?🤔  (I know...can't resist a minor dig at "that"...."Dev"?)

Kidding aside, I can't wait for either plane and will have both, because I'll probably be fortunate to have a 100% discount on one of them. 🙂  But that would not be a factor in choosing which....I'd buy them both regardless....to paint them and maybe with any spare time, actually fly them, LOL.   I recently checked my logbook, since flying the PMDG 737 in its 1st beta stage, the ratio of beta-test flying and recreational flying in her is about 90/10.  I can't comment on its current state, or even if I'm testing a "Stubbier" version of the -700, but I really enjoy flying her when I can.

That said and to your inquiry...every Dev I've beta-tested for has a vastly different methodology, marketing strategy and release method.  I'm not on the iniBuild beta team (or am I...and an NDA is keeping me from saying so?). 🙂   But I suspect either way, they'll follow the same methods of beta testing they have with previous releases, so you can probably infer from history on how it'll go with this release.

Honestly, I am so saturated with fantastic aircraft to fly (and test, and paint), that an A310 release in the next month or even six will probably explode my brain....LOL.   Bought the Fenix Day 1, booted it up, marveled, read a little, and haven't touched it since...414a...similar, HJet, Sting...well....you get the idea.  

SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THE FIRE HOSE DELIVERY OF GREAT PLANES TO FLY IN MSFS! 🤪

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

25 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The only thing I can tell you about iniBuilds relationship with the third-parties they sell is that if you buy a product they sell on a different store they (usually) offer the ability to activate the same product on their store and downloader AND that's supposed to include MSFS marketplace purchases (though I haven't tested that specific transfer)

https://forms.inibuilds.com/order-transfer

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Kidding aside, I can't wait for either plane and will have both, because I'll probably be fortunate to have a 100% discount on one of them. 🙂  But that would not be a factor in choosing which....I'd buy them both regardless....to paint them and maybe with any spare time, actually fly them, LOL.
Honestly, I am so saturated with fantastic aircraft to fly (and test, and paint), that an A310 release in the next month or even six will probably explode my brain....LOL.   Bought the Fenix Day 1, booted it up, marveled, read a little, and haven't touched it since...414a...similar, HJet, Sting...well....you get the idea. 

Oh I totally get you, sure would be nice to get to enjoy and fully use all what we buy before the next add-ons come and demand our wallets' attention... I guess my love for long-haulers partly stems from all my travels as a passenger, and how it's always great flying a big substantial aircraft since that means it's going far and distant, and will have proper passenger services, etc 🙂 As a simmer, wide bodies are more easily managed by flying them on short hops that mirror actual routes, like a Johannesburg to Cape Town in the South African Airways A340 or maybe simulating a short hop on a real world multi-hop route, etc. When the A380 comes out I'm determined to simulate one of my most beloved routes as a passenger, the 12+ hour Emirates A380 (or B777) from Toronto to Dubai 🙂 (or 14+ hr return fighting the jet stream). Some A310 long haul routes to simulate: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=377593

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

You know what?

@Steve Dra, @abrams_tank, @lwt1971 You guys could write a book entitled “The History of Commercial Jets in Flight Simulators”

You 3 would be the main editors. There are many others who have also commented significantly to this thread and they would contribute special chapters. 

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

So this I saw some very interesting statistics that may have a huge impact on other 3rd party developers from XP that may lead them to prioritize development for MSFS, following iniBuild's lead.  XP 12 has been released on Steam for a few days now, and SteamDB is starting to collect active user data on XP 12.  So first up, the all time peak number of users for XP 12 on Steam was 273 users:

WpBLYbO.png

In comparison, the all time peak users for XP 11 was 4210 users:

KtTvOTs.png

If you're curious about MSFS, the all time peak users was 61,829 users:

GQuvtWb.png

The more interesting comparison is XP 11 peak users and XP 12 peak users.  In general, the peak users usually happen shortly after a game's new release.  From there, some people get bored of a game and move on.  I think the XP 12 peak users may improve a little over the next 2 weeks, but I don't see it going up drastically. Let's give XP 12 the benefit of doubt and say the peak users double from 273 peak users to around 600 peak users.  Even at 600 peak users (and I think I am being very generous to XP 12 here with this estimate), that's still much smaller than XP 11's peak user base of 4210 peak users.

What this means, IMO, is that more 3rd party developers from XP may follow iniBuild's lead soon and start developing for MSFS.  I guess we will see in the coming year how the sales of add-ons for 3rd party devs in XP 12 go.  But this is definitely not a good sign, and I wouldn't be surprised if more 3rd party devs from XP follow iniBuilds and start developing for MSFS.

• Like 5

Are you sure it's been released on Steam, as over on the XPlane it's being  discussed as to why it has not been released, with the main theroy being because it's a Beta.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 minute ago, Car147 said:

Are you sure it's been released on Steam, as over on the XPlane it's being  discussed as to why it has not been released, with the main theroy being because it's a Beta.

It was released on Steam on the 16th of September.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

It was released on Steam on the 16th of September.

Have you tried it?

Is the VR/stereoscopic 3D rendering the same or improved from XP11?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Just now, blueshark747 said:

Have you tried it?

Is the VR/stereoscopic 3D rendering the same or improved from XP11?

Nope.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

What this means, IMO, is that more 3rd party developers from XP may follow iniBuild's lead soon and start developing for MSFS.  I guess we will see in the coming year how the sales of add-ons for 3rd party devs in XP 12 go.  But this is definitely not a good sign, and I wouldn't be surprised if more 3rd party devs from XP follow iniBuilds and start developing for MSFS.

I would be glad to welcome developers such as ToLiss into the MSFS ecosystem. Their A319 was my go to in XP11. As it stands, I can't even find a reason to pay their 10$ upgrade fee to try it in XP12

• Like 3