Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Is iniBuilds going all in on MSFS?

9 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I would be glad to welcome developers such as ToLiss into the MSFS ecosystem. Their A319 was my go to in XP11. As it stands, I can't even find a reason to pay their 10$ upgrade fee to try it in XP12

Well, if those are the sales numbers of XP 12, I don't think it will be long before Toliss and Flight Factor start to consider MSFS seriously.  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, if those are the sales numbers of XP 12, I don't think it will be long before Toliss and Flight Factor start to consider MSFS seriously.  

Steam is generally not the major distribution channel of XP. Any Steam- stats you see after just a couple of days should be taken with grain of salt.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, Kopteeni said:

I would be glad to welcome developers such as ToLiss into the MSFS ecosystem. Their A319 was my go to in XP11. As it stands, I can't even find a reason to pay their 10$ upgrade fee to try it in XP12

Using their updated Toliss A319 for XP12 now, an really enjoying it.

OFC it doesn't have the functionality of the Fenix A320 or the FBW A32N in MFS, nor the cockpit rendering which I find second to none in most MFS addons, but it's still great to fly in XP12 !

I think Inibuilds will return to XP, and make their addons compatible. Actually I think they will be tempted to try out the new flight dynamics features, specially tailored for airliners, that Austin has been developing for XP12.

Really appreciating MFS, at least as I do and consider to be already the most fully featured civil flight simulation platform I have used so far, but that doesn't mean I have to trash other platforms which have their own strenghts... 

I am now 100% devoted to XP12 because I do not have enough time for both, and I want to contribute to make XP12 a valuable investment for all of those users who, just like me, appreciate it's strong points. Their dev team is as active as ASOBO, within the necessary constraints imposed by size & budget, but both the guys @ ASOBO and the guys @ LR are passionate about their work ! and that's good enough for me to find good reasons to believe in them and support their work.

And believe me, supporting XP12 doesn't mean being blind !  Most of my support is in the form of bug reports, features that I miss, criticism !  Some of it get's the attention from Austin and LR. A good example is this post I just left at the X-Plane General forum: 

I am not sure if it'll please Austin and LR, but I always try my best ! just as I did whenever posting at the Flightsimulator.com forums, although there I confess I never know very well what really get's into the "ears" of ASOBO...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

11 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Steam is generally not the major distribution channel of XP. Any Steam- stats you see after just a couple of days should be taken with grain of salt.

But Steam does give a sense of scale of XP 12 active users compared to XP 11 active users, so both are fair comparisons on Steam. In addition, XP 11 users were getting pop-up messages after they spawned into XP 11, to buy XP 12 - this was a very intrusive pop-up for some XP 11 users and this could be another sign that the XP 12 sales didn't go well.

• Like 2

It was released on Steam on the 16th of September.

Saw this 10 minutes after buying from Laminar ... 🙄

Bit cheaper on Steam, especially for UK buyers but don't mind supporting LR...think they may need it and XP is a worthwhile alternative when MSFS goes TU again, and better in some ways 🙂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

You probably have a valid point as Steam isn't the main distribution channel of XP, or for that matter MSFS. However you can see how one dominates the other.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 minutes ago, Amon1973 said:

You probably have a valid point as Steam isn't the main distribution channel of XP, or for that matter MSFS. However you can see how one dominates the other.

Yup, I agree.

I also think it's important to compare the XP 11 active users and numbers, to the XP 12 active users and numbers.  If Steam also isn't a distribution channel for XP 11, then it's the scale of the numbers that matters here.  And XP 11 has way more active users, and peak users, than XP 12, on Steam.

53 minutes ago, keithb77 said:

How many active Steam users did the XP11 beta have, 3 days after it's release on Steam?

Xplane 11.50 beta went live on April 2 2020.There's a bump up of 1000 players on Steam Charts but you can't see any specific statistics on which version people were running. 

https://steamcharts.com/app/269950#All

Xplane 11.50 beta went live on April 2 2020.There's a bump up of 1000 players on Steam Charts

Yeah but, that's the beta of the upgrade to a version (11) that everyone was already running, which is a bit different to the early betas of a new version - I'd suggest that most XPlane 11 users are waiting until XP12 gets out of Beta before upgrading perhaps...

Ouch. That's really not much.

We have to factor in that there is basically no advertisement for XP12 on steam though. I bought XP11 on steam and have a lot of hours and I'm not even getting a suggestion in steam about XP12. That might change later on or when XP12 leaves beta. 

But the amount of sales will increase once advertisement sets in. Right now XP12 sales are likely based purely on people which are deep enough in simming so that they now XP12 has been released by themselves.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

5 hours ago, SAS443 said:

I follow LR on twitter and FB and the #1 thing they were harassed about when they released the beta, was when they would have it up on steam. Steam is definitely a major distributor of XP12 so the stats provided there can be useful and indicative of trends.

It's crazy but I have a feeling MSFS's SU11 will create more hype and sales uplift than the release of XP12 did. It is what it is.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Gee, for awhile I thought I had signed onto the XP forum by mistake.  😉

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310