Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

SU10 - What's going on?

I'm sorry if i missed something here, but weren't we supposed to have the release of SU10 sometime last week? I can see a few references to SU11 already, but SU10 seems to have been forgotten or something. Does anyone have any information about what's going on?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

5 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I'm sorry if i missed something here, but weren't we supposed to have the release of SU10 sometime last week? I can see a few references to SU11 already, but SU10 seems to have been forgotten or something. Does anyone have any information about what's going on?

There is no further information yet.  I expect it will be within the next week and maybe coincide with the next Nvidia driver release to fix some DX12 issues.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hmmm, I guess maybe , ASOBO hired Petrovich, and then Austin bought ASOBO, so they are probably waiting for the new XMFS22 to get assembled for the  Kobo readers, the new priviledged platform...

Hmmm, unless MS buys LR 🤓

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Planned in August, we are almost in October .... says it all. 

First of all they are "maybe" a month behind.  It's late September, it was planned for August. In terms of code train slips this isn't even a blip on the radar LOL.

Indeed, it says they are finally prioritizing quality over timelines and not releasing something that isn't ready for release prior to ironing out the issues.  

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

11 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Did they concrete the year? I think not.

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What's the big deal? The SU10 beta is working great.

That's a good answer if your actually using it lol

16 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

You mean it says they listened to all of the cacophony when everyone complained they released updates before they were truly ready?  I agree...

• Like 9

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, davenicoll said:

That's a good answer if your actually using it lol

I don't understand what's the problem here. The sim is working flawlessly with SU9, so people can still fly while waiting for the new update. Better they do it proberly now instead of releasing a version full of bugs.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, psolk said:

Indeed, it says they are finally prioritizing quality over timelines and not releasing something that isn't ready for release prior to ironing out the issues.  

I prefer to see that myself once they release SU10. Until then, I'm not sure about this statement. 

12 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What's the big deal? The SU10 beta is working great.

Not using it. Don't really like betas in MSFS as it tends to force full reinstalls sometimes.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

5 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Not using it. Don't really like betas in MSFS as it tends to force full reinstalls sometimes.

The whole sim is a beta.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

The beta is like a 50%+ increase in performance, frame times, and smoothness.  If you are willing to use DLSS you can lock at 60 FPS all day. But I am guessing you won’t because it isn’t perfect and makes the avionics screens a little more blurry with ghosting on the speed tape numbers. Especially noticeable on desktop monitors, not bad at all on large 4k TVs. 

The reinstall issue is only if you have the MS store version and use the default MS store community folder location. 

• Like 2