Sign in to follow this  
altenae

What to expect I7-10700K to AMD 5800X3D

The 7950X is £799.98 in the UK so you can expect the X3D to be a bit more, add the MB/ RAM to that.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

The 7950X is £799.98 in the UK so you can expect the X3D to be a bit more, add the MB/ RAM to that.

perf will be off the charts most likely vs 5800x3d which is the king over intel even. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

MSFS is probably the hardest game to benchmark ever made, you really have to do it using the camera mode, not while flying.

This. One small example is the Fenix systems. The 5800x3D has no iGPU which you can use to run Fenix systems. Does that slow it down and by how much? You can have an empty community folder but still have items installed in the store. How many world updates do you have installed? What’s your internet connection that day? It’s kind of insane.

It’s a shame there is no benchmark, although I am not sure how they would even do that. They have a safe mode which makes it a true base sim but you can’t even boot up in MSFS safe mode unless you crash. 

6 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

It’s a shame there is no benchmark, although I am not sure how they would even do that. They have a safe mode which makes it a true base sim but you can’t even boot up in MSFS safe mode unless you crash. 

I always thought the same - but its probably harder then it looks and getting any agreement on what that would look like anyways would probably open up a can of worms Asobo wouldnt want to go down anyways....

Edited by marcg11

2 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Even as a programmer my whole life, I'd feel pretty intimated by trying to get what I would call an accurate benchmark.
The only thing I can say is you have to brute force it, a LOT of repetition, that should give you a fairly accurate FPS.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

On 10/17/2022 at 11:51 AM, Alpine Scenery said:

7800x3D and 7950x3D are coming eventually, but I don't know when.

With the 7950X3d out has anyone dropped nearly a grand on one yet?

James

44 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

With the 7950X3d out has anyone dropped nearly a grand on one yet?

Aamir has a 7950X3D.  It's ideal for his use case (MSFS + compiling stuff)

I think most MSFS people are waiting for the 7800X3D at this point...due out April 6.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 10/17/2022 at 10:14 PM, TravelRunner404 said:

This. One small example is the Fenix systems. The 5800x3D has no iGPU which you can use to run Fenix systems. Does that slow it down and by how much? You can have an empty community folder but still have items installed in the store. How many world updates do you have installed? What’s your internet connection that day? It’s kind of insane.

Im on an I7-10700k and there is absolutely no difference for me whether i run Fenix systems on my iGPU or my CPU.

Same for me. 10900k iGPU or CPU same performance. Just upgraded my 3090 to 4090 and with frame generation, that's made a huge difference.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

I’ve got the 7950x3d on order. Got the 7900xt gpu in a couple months ago and pleased with it. 

On 10/17/2022 at 12:51 PM, altenae said:

But what can I really expect.

More of the same. 😄

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Have you changed yet? I just "upgraded" from I7-10700k to 7800x3d and beside its much cooler, there is no difference in performance for me altough I was (and I am still) main thread limited. I had to change due to problems with my old rig but this is still very dissapointing. Is there anything I need to do to achieve the most possible performance with my 7800x3D. There is literally not a small difference in fps. That does not fit to all the tests and reviews I have read before.

Thanks!

On 4/24/2023 at 5:31 AM, CallsignDE said:

Is there anything I need to do to achieve the most possible performance with my 7800x3D.

Don't set your TLOD too high. No more than 200, which is default Ultra preset, is my recommendation.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11