Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

What will you do to mark 40 years of Microsoft Flight Sim?

poppy_in_wheat_field_1170x461.jpg?sfvrsn=f93b6ccd_6&method=CropCropArguments&width=600&height=450

Edited by St Mawgan
  • Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I'll download & load up to see what's changed/broken, then load up the Glider for a go in that first before attempting to fly a Chopper around a City like New York or somewhere.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Microsoft Flight SImulator is mainly responsible  that I got super interested in everything aviation related and in the end made my PPL and gliding licnese, signed up in our local flying club where I met a bunch of great people whom i call friends now. So, this little software that came on some floppys and later DVDs influenced my life pretty badly (in a good way🙂)

I will definitely fire MSFS up today, download the update and enjoy one of the great givaways we get in SU11 (most probably the A310, the DC3 or the DG1001).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm going to drop my PC out of an airplane 

Please stay clear of my house 😁

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

I'll definately have a flight from Meigs for nostalgia/novelty value, the whole 40th anniversary thing though, meh..... today is notable for far more important reasons

• Upvote 1

Might upgrade to the Intel 386DX @24Mhz Turbo with 4MB ram and the RGB monitor.  Fire up DOS for old time sake and stare at a flashing cursor for an hour before figuring out you must type CD:\flightsimulator first.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Might upgrade to the Intel 386DX @24Mhz Turbo with 4MB ram and the RGB monitor.  Fire up DOS for old time sake and stare at a flashing cursor for an hour before figuring out you must type CD:\flightsimulator first.

I believe that DX actually had 25 MHz. Weren't they 25, 33, 40 MHz? A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... 🙂

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Told my GF I want to rest at home tonight; I'll see her tomorrow. Today, after I return from my job, I'll fire up MSFS, start the update, go to the park for a walk, return and try a flight in the A310.

If the update is not finished yet, I'll keep on retuning (or debloating) my rig, after my OS went Tango Uniform last weekend and had to reformat. Miraculously, I could recover MSFS in record time: just reinstall Steam, point it to my current Steam downloads (including MSFS, which was in an unaffected drive), reactivate Fenix A320 (because I had it installed on C:\) and replacing the exe.xml with a backup (so that I could ensure FSUIPC7 launched with MSFS). Less than an hour doing all that 😎

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I will be going onto the main forum and complaining about how ai traffic is now worse than it was in su10

I am going to dig my Sinclair ZX Spectrum out of the cupboard, run the flight simulation from Psion which released in 1982 and watch squiggly lines move about my monitor! I think they call this nostalgia.

We've come along way since then.😉

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

54 minutes ago, rka said:

I believe that DX actually had 25 MHz. Weren't they 25, 33, 40 MHz? A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... 🙂

Probably right. I cant remember that long ago lol.   A search history says it was 16-33Mhz

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I think Meigs is going to get very very busy 🙂 But for me it's probably also going to be a Meigs takeoff in the just flight enhancement pack for 172

Meigs Field to Willard, in Champaign. VOR-to-VOR using the 172.

That will bring back old memories for sure. 

Then it's glider time in Arizona! 

Enrique Vaamonde

I start my emulated East-German KC85/3, load the game "Cockpit" from an emulated tape, listen to the screechy loading sounds for two minutes, finally start the plane and crash as usual shortly after takeoff.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir