Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

TFDi MD-11 on pre-sale (1200z 1st Dec)

13 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Never understood why PMDG discontinued their MD-11 after FSX…

I can't remember if this was ever confirmed but the main dev behind the MD-11 left PMDG and I believe he is now the owner of FSLabs.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Also it was mentioned by a twitch streamer that the majority of the dev team at TFDI that did the 717 are no longer there so it is most likely a completely different team apart from a few. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

I doubt it, not after asking to pay $80.  My understanding is the beta release won’t be until next summer so I didn’t see much value in a prebuy.  My guess is they will hold back the beta until they are reasonably confident it will “show” well once released to the public.

Guess I read the thread too fast, I was thinking people who opted for the beta would start to get it now, at least for P3D. Not the best deal

To each their own, but I'll happily pass. I've saved quite a lot of bucks by reading reviews and user experiences first that made it clear I wasn't interested in the addon when before release I was a lot. $80 for something that's a year away is a steep ask. I have absolutely no way of knowing if it's even going to be good or if I'm going to be disappointed, in which case waiting for release will save me 80 bucks. It's like purchasing a couch you've never seen with your own eyes and when you sit down on it the first time it breaks down, but the manufacturer already has your money.

People also seem to be forgetting that beta testing in software usually is far from getting to play early but probably ends up with a lot of bugs and CTDs. Restricting the MD-11ER to pre-purchasers only also is kind of lame as it sort of pressures those that really want it into pre-purchasing when otherwise they might prefer waiting.

I remember when people pre-purchased Battlefield 2042 being sure it was gonna be good, only for it to turn out to be a really bad game and boy, was I happy I saved myself the money. I hope this pre-purchase beta program-thingy doesn't become the norm in flight simming too because there are plenty of examples when it ended up with the game never really being finished/fixed.

That said, $80 is still more than what you pay for the Fenix A320 or the PMDG 737 which arguably the MD-11 won't quite match, which makes pre-purchasing this even more of a non-starter for me, personally.

Edited by Nixoq
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

For the love for Mighty MD-11, i decided to pay for it in advance , if it even helps TFDI somehow to produce this addon.

I trust them and i think they will take this project to the goal and beyond.

Edited by MPL
  • Like 1

Mikael Leinonen

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

I can't remember if this was ever confirmed but the main dev behind the MD-11 left PMDG and I believe he is now the owner of FSLabs.

Yes you are correct. You can see it in the credits section if you have it installed. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Didn't realize it were that many hardcore MD-11 lovers still around.👍

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

Never understood why PMDG discontinued their MD-11 after FSX…

Robby randazzle said on many occasions that they lost money on it, or didn’t make enough to justify.

• Upvote 1

TFDI Data Leak

So it appears the site had a bit of an issue and some data may have leaked. They posted a PDF with a post-mortem on their Discord about this but the summary is below: 

During the pre-sale release of the TFDi Design MD-11 Collector’s Edition, the sheer volume of customers caused cached pages to be served, including customer login credentials. The website also ran slowly and caused some loading errors for customers. The extent of the data breach was Names, Email Addresses, Physical Addresses, Telephone Numbers and the potential of the last 4 digits of a credit card. This lasted for no more than 8 minutes.

You can see the full PDF at: https://docdro.id/up4Ped7

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

15 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Didn't realize it were that many hardcore MD-11 lovers still around.👍

It's good to see some love for the classics—gives some variety to accommodate various tastes.

We're still in the early phases of payware airliner releases for MSFS. Other than the Aerosoft CRJ and Twin Otter, Fenix A320, Just Flight BAe 146, PMDG 737, (and perhaps the updated v2 BBS BN-2 Islander and DC-Designs Concorde), there's nothing else worthy of buying on the market (YMMV). That's a lot of pent-up demand for airliners that remains untapped and partly explains why there's appears to be a lot of early interest.
1,000 pre-sales is relatively easy on a platform of two million flight simmers and in this period of limited payware airliners. Can they go 5x or 10x that number with the MD-11 when the ATR 42/72, 757, 777, Fokkers, Avro RJ are likely to be out by the time it is ready?

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Personal information leaked. What a pre-order bonus from TFDi

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Personal information leaked. What a pre-order bonus from TFDi

huh ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

20 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

So it appears the site had a bit of an issue and some data may have leaked. They posted a PDF with a post-mortem on their Discord about this but the summary is below: 

Ouch!  Data breaches, even brief ones, can be disastrous and are frequently caused by other companies offering web services to, in this case TDFi .  Good job by Collin to respond so quickly and crush it before it got any worse.  Legal is gonna have some cleanup to do, and let's just hope none of the customers who were inadvertently exposed to other customer's data don't have a nefarious bone in their body, and their systems were void of sniffers/keyloggers or any other background processes that evil people use to take other people's data.

Also good on Collin/TFDi for the quick transparency with a difficult subject.  Sadly in the past, we've been exposed to other flightsim devs that handled sensitive subjects...rather poorly. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg