Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

TFDi MD-11 on pre-sale (1200z 1st Dec)

As mentioned here:

Before you get too excited, this is expected to be released in Autumn/Fall 2023.
Paying $85 for all parts of TFDi's MD-11 experience this far out from release is, let's call it, an 'interesting' decision...

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; PMDG 736; FFX HondaJet; AIG & FSLTL; RealTraffic; PSXT; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason; FS2Crew PBE + RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter
P3Dv5.3 HF2, FS Global (mesh), Orbx, MSE, ActiveSky, RealTurb, ChasePlane, AIGAIM-OCI, AILRP, FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter, FFTF Dynamic, Self Loading Cargo

If you read further it does give you early access to the beta, “early supporters will be able to access beta builds when ready and provide direct feedback to our developers working on the project”. 
So I guess if your a fan of the MD-11 and don’t mind helping with the beta then it’s a good deal to get early access. It’s suppose to cover both P3D and 2020 if I read it correctly on the discord channel. I’ll be setting my alarm for tomorrow.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-10900K@5.2 (HT off) / Asus Maximus Hero Z490 / RTX 4090 FE / Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4400@4000CL17 / ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 / Phanteks Eclipse P600S / 2ea Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB / 1ea Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42in OLED 4K / P3Dv5.3 & MSFS2020 / New Build TBD

In TFDI's defense they have been pretty open with their development on prior products (717..) both the good and the bad. They stuck it out and delivered in the end even when it was VERY rocky at it's release. Im going to pony up for the presale. I want the md-11 anyways. Not like I'm saving money by waiting for final release.

• Like 3

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I don’t have an issue with this.  It’s very clear you are paying for beta access, and if that’s not your thing, then just wait until late next year when it’s “finished” and it’ll only cost you $5 more.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor

I like the TFDI guys. I hope this goes well for them!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400MT/s CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - XPG 2TB Gammix S70 Blade M.2 2280 - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pimax Crystal TBD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

From reading the Discord channel the Beta won’t be ready until mid 2023 so if you purchase tomorrow you still have to wait a few months before getting the beta. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Dan

i9-10900K@5.2 (HT off) / Asus Maximus Hero Z490 / RTX 4090 FE / Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4400@4000CL17 / ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 / Phanteks Eclipse P600S / 2ea Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB / 1ea Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42in OLED 4K / P3Dv5.3 & MSFS2020 / New Build TBD

During the beta which sim is the primary focus? In other words is this a P3D plane then ported to MSFS or visa versa?

Paid betas are very rare in aircraft developments. Usually the beta is in such an incomplete shape that you don‘t want any pics or videos from that to become public (as that would hurt your sales a lot in the end), so most betas are closed with NDAs.
Do they have financial problems and need to cash in right now (or else cancel the development)? Or is this an innovative way to speed up the development process by enlarging the beta?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So asking us to pay 80$ for something that is not even released and we have no idea about, just to participate in Beta? No thank you, learned with the hard way from Blackbox and their never released and buggy as hell Airbus.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i9-9900K OC 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I had my share of beta with Airsimmer A320 extended team... Never again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

So asking us to pay 80$ for something that is not even released and we have no idea about, just to participate in Beta? No thank you, learned with the hard way from Blackbox and their never released and buggy as hell Airbus.

80$ seems steep for a beta price, but this aint no Blackbox simulation beta , early access or whatever horsehockey name they gave it. TFDI is well out of that league.  They have been upfront with everything, and they have a clear goal in mind thats showing nice progress. Never got this with Blackbox even after 5 years in there so called lousy preview access.    May consider this since its my favorite aircraft.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Per Collin on the TFDI discord earlier:

I'm going to write this up as our official answer to this. Obviously, the goal behind any type of presale or sales-based event is to generate income. We're doing this, in honesty, to help ease the cost of development. Now, what I mean by that is NOT: "we're out of money and are desperate to bring in cash". What this is aimed toward doing is allowing us to continue developing at a good rate (possibly even faster than we have been so far) without aggressive prioritization or reassignments.

Business incomes do vary; this industry is difficult to predict that way, as well. Developing a product of this nature can be very expensive (think 6 figures) and the cost is primarily front-loaded. This is a way for us to shift some of the tail-end income to something that actually funds the project that's making the money.

With all of that said, we're not a cash-grab company. We're working on getting smartCARS 3 out, as well as the PACX update, which also cost money. The two options we have are increase revenue or decrease cost. Decreasing cost means slower development and a smaller team (which translates to a reduced experience across the board). The other option is to increase revenue - this is us taking that option.

Now, once we decided that was the route we wanted to go, we wanted to make sure that we offered something that checked a few boxes. The most important being that we're offering something of value. The limited edition numbering, the special variant, the discount, and the early access were ways we could give something meaningful back. The other box was that it was truly optional. By offering an additional version, we're not taking away anything from someone who doesn't feel comfortable purchasing 6-9 months in advance (which is a reasonable position to take).

So, with all of that said, I hope that clarifies our position a bit more - transparency is always one of the most important things to us and I am prepared to answer any questions

• Like 3

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

This requires a lot of trust if you don't know what you are getting. How was their 717 in terms of system depth? Comparable to the Leonardo Maddog or just Aerosoft level?

Spliting ressources betwen two sims surely add some workload, time of development and need for cash. Time will tell if it was a smart decision.

It's a 100% sure buy for me unless it is a complete failure but I will wait for it to be ready.