Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

TFDi MD-11 on pre-sale (1200z 1st Dec)

25 minutes ago, falcon71 said:

This requires a lot of trust if you don't know what you are getting. How was their 717 in terms of system depth? Comparable to the Leonardo Maddog or just Aerosoft level?

I would say below Leonardo Maddog and slighly above the Aerosoft level (comparing to CRJ) 

717 is a good aircraft to be fair, has good system depth as well as textures, however is kinda heavy on performance. I think in P3D it havent received so much love as other addons due to the fact in real world 717 was not that popular (only like 150-170 machines built?) 

• Like 2

I remember paying full price for the TFDI 717 when it was released. Only to find that it was incomplete. It didn’t follow the route. Had issues with VNAV, and I had to wait several weeks to use it properly. 

So I’m good. I’ll wait until it’s released and keep my five dollars. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

1 hour ago, falcon71 said:

This requires a lot of trust if you don't know what you are getting. How was their 717 in terms of system depth? Comparable to the Leonardo Maddog or just Aerosoft level?

Comparable...might just a slight step down, but the launch was very rough. It took a good amount of time to iron out alot of the bugs but after a couple years it was fairly solid. Good thing is the systems are not too dissimilar to the md-11 so I cant imagine any massive game breaking avionics issues at the start. Most likely lots of small stuff/fine tuning based upon the different platforms etc. Maybe some perf #'s being off here and there and the odd issue here and there.

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Done😂👍

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

5 hours ago, bendead said:

I had my share of beta with Airsimmer A320 extended team... Never again

That’s a blast from the past.

• Like 2

Eric 

At around 30 minutes in it looks like they have sold close to 500. I got #66.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Where do we see our number?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

Where do we see our number?

In your client area of their website, click on the order details. They just edited the numbers for some reason...some of ours dropped. Mine moved to 44

Edited by CaptainNick
  • Like 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Jasper Koelewijn

Current sims: DCS, P3Dv4, P3Dv5, MSFS
- Game pc: Intel I9 11900KF, Nvidia RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, 4x SSD, 1100W power supply, 2 x 40'' 4K monitor
- Stream pc: Intel I7 4790K, Nvidia 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, 2x SSD, 850W power supply, 2x 27'' monitor
- Other: Track-IR, Thrustmaster Wartog HOTAS, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, Saitek X-55, HP Reverb G2.

3 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

In your client area of their website, click on the order details. They just edited the numbers for some reason...some of ours dropped. Mine moved to 44

My serial dropped down 10. Looks like there fixing it for the ones who accidentally purchased twice. Thats pretty fast. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

For the month of December, a special Collector's Edition is available for pre-purchase. For one set price of $80 USD, get all packages AND the pre-sale exclusive MD-11ER variant (it will never be sold outside of this presale). The presale is limited to a maximum of 1,000 copies.

Uhm... lol.

2 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

I would say below Leonardo Maddog and slighly above the Aerosoft level (comparing to CRJ) 

717 is a good aircraft to be fair, has good system depth as well as textures, however is kinda heavy on performance. I think in P3D it havent received so much love as other addons due to the fact in real world 717 was not that popular (only like 150-170 machines built?) 

Yea that sounds about right. To be fair, it looks like they are really trying to up their game with the md11 in terms of fidelity. While yes the 717 was a bit of mess upon release, it was improved upon significantly. It was their first plane and it is common to see that sort of thing (fenix being an obvious exception). I can certainly see the price being an issue though. In the end, I purchased the preorder. They are not some new start up with no track record so I feel comfortable in doing so. I also have close familial ties with someone who helped design the md11, so I want to support the effort. The ER variant is also a plus for me.

My credit card got charged but MD-11 in the client area shows as unpaid. Probably something wrong with paypal 😒 Made a ticket, let TFDI sort it out...

Edited by MPL

Mikael Leinonen

The good news here is that we’ll have 1000 people to tell us if it’s worth paying $70-85 upon release.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR