Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

Carenado PC-12 just updated to v1.2.0

8 minutes ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

save your cash for the SWS

when?

if their graphics are close to Carenado's I will consider that. Carenado pilots are spoiled by superb visual quality, especially in VR there is no room for compromise. I don't get it why they can't hire some decent programmers, after they broke up with Thandra? greed?

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Just now, turbomax said:

when?

if their graphics are close to Carenado's I will consider that. Carenado pilots are spoiled by superb visual quality, especially in VR there is no room for compromise.

Some point this year is what they are saying.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Check out their Kodiak to see an example of SWS's 3d modelling quality.

The SWS team also just spent a week at a commercial PC12 operator in their sim and aircraft; needless to say, the SWS will make the Carenado look like a toy.

• Like 2

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

1 minute ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

needless to say, the SWS will make the Carenado look like a toy.

agree, I have a few of their pretty toys. wouldn't mind a Phenom or BeechJet though. But I was not only referring to modelling, but also their mastery of textures, haven't seen anything better so far.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Fenix

The FSW C414 is even better imo - the look of the C414 is basically perfect.  Fenix is right there as well though.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatc said:

The FSW C414 is even better imo - the look of the C414 is basically perfect.  Fenix is right there as well though.

I read FSW contracted another company to make the graphics of the C414, or part of.

54 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Fenix

don't have that but I think airliners are easier to texture than the cockpit & cabin of high-end GA airplanes, no?

very nice.

2 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

I read FSW contracted another company to make the graphics of the C414, or part of.

The C414 textures were done by 3DReach. FSW, which is basically a one man company, did the modeling and coding. 3DReach has done work for many of the well known sim developers such as Milviz, Carenado, JustFlight, Orbx, FlightBeam, etc.  3DReach certainly does excellent work.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

They said specifically for update 1.2 they had fixed the missing white engine instrument stripes:

"EIS White bars visibility fixed on Windows 11." is that what I am getting for being still on Windows 10? 😀

they are black again in spot view mode:

"you can have it any colour you like as long as it's black"

spacer.png

but they do show in normal virtual cockpit mode:

spacer.png

Autopilot Status Annunciator NAV light displaced:

spacer.png

"Black is Black, I want my Autopilot status lights back, bad is bad - I'm feeling sad":

spacer.png

here they show correctly in normal virtual cockpit view:

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

4 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

A lot of them do in fact.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try disabling the Avidyne and see if it fixes things..

Edit the panel.cfg file (in the carenado-aircraft-pc12\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_PC12\panel folder)

Add //

[Vcockpit16]
size_mm=640,480
pixel_size=640,480
texture=$AVIDYNE_Screen
;zorder=15

//htmlgauge00=NavSystems/Carenado/EX500/EX500.html, 0,0,640,480

Thank you kindly Bert, I will certainly try this. 

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

Autopilot Status Annunciator NAV light displaced:

I believe that is actually correct.. there are two readouts for one button, NAV and ARM..

pcunZ1o.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

Sorry, but I have another thing I am not happy with.

All aircraft lights bar landing/taxi/recognition and the beacon light are much too weak. They are barely visible from the outside with the strobes being the worst, they are completely invisible unless you zoom in a lot.

Would be easy to amend the lights myself but that's not possible without access to the aircraft's systems.cfg.

Carenado, please come on. Give us better lights, It's five to ten minutes job for you, that's all.

Roland 

4 hours ago, roland said:

...All aircraft lights bar landing/taxi/recognition and the beacon light are much too weak. They are barely visible from the outside with the strobes being the worst, they are completely invisible unless you zoom in a lot...

Yes, it is a pity.  In P3D and FSX, Carenado had the best strobes in the business! 

Developers are claiming lack of function in MSFS for the pitifully weak and atmospheric strobes, I think the beacons are not to bad actually, and look pretty good, so hopefully the strobes can be worked on. 
A bit late after two years though, and I hope all the aircraft that have been released in that time won't require an update. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.