Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

Oooh THAT is why we aren't going to get the fixes that we want! 2024 will fix everything, after you pay again. Haha no not going to fall for it this time.

They put out a broken and incomplete product, knowing exactly what people want, only to "fix" the lacking and broken in the iphone 24 I mean flight simulator 24.

• Like 2

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

That’s the team spirit! A $60 product with regular updates, free aircraft, 3rd party expansion developers, new job creation and employment opportunities and world wide inspiration to the sensation of flight in the most advanced flight simulator for the home!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

48 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

MS/Asobo got us to buy into four years of beta testing for them.

So they could release an improved 2024 product.🤣

Well played!😉

I was MSFS beta tester and I still had to buy MSFS LOL No complains here, that how thing works

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

16 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Oooh THAT is why we aren't going to get the fixes that we want! 2024 will fix everything, after you pay again. Haha no not going to fall for it this time.

They put out a broken and incomplete product, knowing exactly what people want, only to "fix" the lacking and broken in the iphone 24 I mean flight simulator 24.

You are too optimistic. I don't think FS2024 will have all the current issues fixed, just new content and improved graphics. And we will have to pay the full price again.

But unfortunately for us - or fortunately - this is still much better than what the competition offers.

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

If I were a betting man I'd say the next ATC will use some cloud AI logic system. I think that's why they would have to improve that...no sense all the effort 2 years ago just to remake it for 2024.

Imagine there will be some impressive back-end processing.

Edited by Sticky

27 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I was MSFS beta tester and I still had to buy MSFS LOL No complains here, that how thing works

Yea because you all were horrible at beta testing for free remember?🤪

Fm3ytprWYAcjCjt.png

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

46 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

Did you buy FS2004, then FSX?  How about XP 10, 11, 12..did you upgrade to any of those?  How about going from P3D 4 to 5?  If you did, you "fell for it.". How is this different than any of those? 

My wish is that there is an upgrade path that allows installing 2024 over 2020 (like how I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11) ...that will keep settings and installed add-ons intact. 

Edited by bcuomo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Hmmm ok... so all of those AAU updates to  increase fidelity to unheard of levels in default avionics and aircraft, atmospheric airflow modelling based on CFD, outsourcing to renowned devs to add high fidelity aircraft like the iniBuilds A310 to the default fleet for free, etc etc etc must have been to please the "XBox-gamers".

CFD doesn’t really work and even broke the flightmodel of some default airplanes. This has been discussed in the MSFS-forum. CFD cannot be calculated in realtime on desktop sims at the resolution needed. You would need a NASA-PC for that.

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Really sounds like you're best off sticking to the legacy sim(s) then if these pain points are deal breakers 🤷‍♂️ I for one will gladly keep taking innovations and forward progress in MSFS, and having simmed over 35 years myself on all the sims that came before, nothing even comes remotely close to providing the overall experience like MSFS, and the gaps just keep widening (despite different camera handling, weather radars not being as complete as they could be, ground handling issues, pop out screen issues, livery change mechanisms, etc). I certainly didn't expect to buy MSFS in 2020 for a fixed price and then keep getting free stuff for 10+ years.. what they promised was to stay in for 10+ years, and oh boy are they ever doing that with the furious updates and expansion of their team.. if it means I need to keep ponying up $60/$90/$120 every few years to get appreciable improvements and up-to-date tech that is not lagging by years (like in some other sims), then ya, sign me up! And they seem to be ensuring there is minimal pain for 3rd party devs to either allow their current add-ons to work in the 2024 core platform seamlessly or with minimal updates.. sign me up again!

Fair enough. I used MSFS for a few months and purchased many addons, because the default airports aren’t that good. And now i just cannot use it anymore. I am also flying in real and a few weeks ago I wanted to use MSFS to reproduce my flight, mostly because of the visuals. As soon as the acf was in the air, it felt so unrealistic that i had to close the sim. That’s something someone not flying wouldn’t notice. But as you’re saying everyone has different priorities.

Talking about the promises made: i think they just said that this new sim will at least last for 10 years and not that we will get free updates. The fact that they are already producing a new sim after only 3 years let me think that they need some cash and everyone will get that new version, making MSFS 2020 obsolete.

I agree by the way with you about the technology. This is also an area where MSFS does a better job. As a gaming-company Asobo knows for sure better how to make use of the nowadays hardware.

Anyway, I really wonder if they will be able to improve the sim from an aviation perspective with MSFS2024 or if it will just be some more gamey-stuff like missions etc.

Edited by Franz007

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

So, MSFS 2024 is basically the next MSFS 2020 update with new logo and a price tag? I don't have any issues with that, they do need to make money after all. Ten years of free updates just isn't viable. I'd be more upset if this would be a completely new sim, nothing to do with MSFS 2020. This is just what they were doing all along, Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0, ..., FS 2002, FS 2004, FSX. I know they said 10 years, and if they give us 10 years of backward compatibility with a new sim every 4 years - sure, I'm in!

14 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

CFD doesn’t really work and even broke the flightmodel of some default airplanes. This has been discussed in the MSFS-forum. CFD cannot be calculated in realtime on desktop sims at the resolution needed. You would need a NASA-PC for that.

CFD for the core flight model is different from the CFD they're using for the atmospheric airflow simulation. And ya proper/full real-time CFD is out of reach of desktop hardware, but they've gone to great lengths here to try, and allow for finer resolution in computing via configuring parameters (https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Developer_Mode/Aircraft_Editor/Debug/Debug_Aircraft_CFD.htm?agt=index).

In any case my main point here is that if they're really only catering to the XBox casual gamer crowd, why even go to the trouble of attempting such complexity in the sim? (and not only CFD, but all the high fidelity improvements to aircraft/avionics in the AAU updates, spending money on iniBuilds A310, etc).

Like I said on another post, MS/Asobo have already acknowledged multiple times in previous Q&As/etc the problem areas in the sim we simmers have complained about (i.e. ground handling, ATC, etc) and also mentioned multiple times how rework is coming for those. I think that's going to be now coming in the 2024 release, at least in some initial forms and then further refined afterwards. I just don't think the 2024 release is only about missions, that was just the focus for this specific teaser trailer meant for the XBox showcase event. Let's wait to actually hear more details from MS/Asobo in the coming days/months before jumping to worst-case-scenario conclusions 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, eslader said:

You're not wrong but on the other hand, we also got four years of fun in a sim that blew every other civilian flight sim out of the water. 

There no reason (at the moment) to assume we won’t get many more years of fun and updates etc on FS2020. Perhaps when we know more about what FS2020 actually is that might change but the intention seems to be to support FS2020 for a while longer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Interesting, thanks. However 120 people to make the world look prettier? I wonder how many are allocated to AI, ATC etc….?

How many are allocated to working on getting the ILS glideslopes to align with the runway touchdown zones 😂?  If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Glideslope, glideslope" as I'm touching down bang in the zone I could afford another 737.  I couldn't agree with you more regarding the basics.

Ryan

35 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

Did you buy FS2004, then FSX?  How about XP 10, 11, 12..did you upgrade to any of those?  How about going from P3D 4 to 5?  If you did, you "fell for it.". How is this different than any of those? 

My wish is that there is an upgrade path that allows installing 2024 over 2020 (like how I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11) ...that will keep settings and installed add-ons intact. 

It's no different- most of the people responding negatively are overly dramatic lol.  Ohhh nooooo I spent 120 bucks on a sim I've used for 3 years and got plenty of use out of.... But I don't want to pay more for another 3 years lol....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

No doubt by some courageous people who stabs  in the back  😄.  Then what ? What is your point ? 

You’re (falsely) accusing others of trolling and bad manners etc over them having a different opinion to you in a flight sim but at the same time you’re getting quoted on other flightsim social platform in a negative way. 

My point was that maybe your own behaviour hasn’t been that great. 

We’re all just posting about playing a flying game, it’s supposed to be fun. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, g-liner said:

We’re all just posting about playing a flying game, it’s supposed to be fun. 

It's not a game. It's a simulation of real life. And real life is not fun. 🤪

• Upvote 1