23 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

You must have a really early test version of 0.3.6!

You can manually remove it as follows:

• Delete the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD and all its contents.
  • Delete any icon for it on your desktop if it exists.
  • Edit your Exe.xml file, found in your MSFS root user directory (MS Store Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft. FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ or Steam Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator", and remove the section like this if it exists:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>DynamicLOD</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD\bin\DynamicLOD.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

That should get rid of it entirely.

Edit: I just realised that Fragtality's DynamicLOD installer should remove it as it went in the same directory. Try running this first. 

Thanks! I ran Fragtality´s installer and that did the trick. 

• Like 1

Reset XPDR -- You have created one of the best, if not THE best, programs to enhance the enjoyment of MSFS 2020.  I appreciate your work and the time you have devoted to helping us enjoy this marvelous piece of software.  Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

John Wingold

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

Probably DynamicLOD as it doesn't have a target FPS that must be under your Vsync cap, but this new AutoFPS version is more tolerant of a target FPS slightly under that cap, so maybe try that with a target FPS of 28 or 29. If you get screen tearing with AutoFPS set like that, DynamicLOD it is!

Help my memory out - what would the potential problem be with VSYNC? From what I understand VSYNC just caps the FPS to 30. So if I set AutoFPS to 30, wouldn't AutoFPS just do what it's supposed to do and stop changing anything as soon as 30 is reached?

Have to say. as many others have in this thread, thank you for a brilliant software. Not been home so last flight was done using 0.4.1, and it was a pleasure. Running 2560x1440@60Hz/vSync (capped at 60 in NVCP) and limit of 54 in your superb program. 100 TLOD min, 250 max (min TLOD on ground/landing), 1000ft base, OLOD 150-100 (2500 base, 10000 top). For me this is more than enough when only flying tubeliners (Fenix for the most part). My 2080Ti with 11GB VRAM is doing great in DX12 together with this and the FG mod. Turning texture resolution down to high did the trick when speaking about VRAM usage (Usable at ultra, but some headroom is always nice to avoid the stutters). 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

Unfortunately I am, even after several attempts, not successful in downloading the installer app. The app downloads as a CRDOWNLOAD file in my download folder. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

33 minutes ago, hvw said:

Unfortunately I am, even after several attempts, not successful in downloading the installer app. The app downloads as a CRDOWNLOAD file in my download folder. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hans

I believe a warning should  pop up about safety of the download, and you just click "download anyway" or something like that. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I believe a warning should  pop up about safety of the download, and you just click "download anyway" or something like that. 

No, no warnings Bob. The file downloaded fine, with a "unconfirmed22758" name and CRDOWNLAOD as filetype. I scanned it with ESET and no problems were found.  I tried downloading it via both Chrome and Edge, same result.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FalconAF said:

No offense intended Cpt_Piett 😉 )

No offense taken whatsoever 🙂

4 hours ago, kkbelos said:

Quick question. What is the consensus now about using AutoLOD or DynamicLOD for tubeliners? Some versions ago it was mentioned that probably DynamicLOD was better suited to the predictable flight profiles of the bit passenger aircraft. But I see now some new features in AutoLOD catering to that market too, and everybody seem to be using AutoLOD for IFR flights too. 

I pretty much stopped using dynLOD when AutoFPS launched. Find it MUCH easier to use, and expert mode gives me plenty of flexibility. And I do a lot of airliner flying. Been trying both expert and non-expert mode. Both are good but I find that expert mode caters better to my needs (TLOD 1400 lol!) 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett
Forgot to add 😉
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, hvw said:

No, no warnings Bob. The file downloaded fine, with a "unconfirmed22758" name and CRDOWNLAOD as filetype. I scanned it with ESET and no problems were found.  I tried downloading it via both Chrome and Edge, same result.

I had that happen yesterday twice, and then on  the right side of the screen this warning popped up. Try disabling any AV you have, see if that helps. I forget what was blocking it from downloading.

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, hvw said:

I scanned it with ESET and no problems were found.  I tried downloading it via both Chrome and Edge, same result. 

ESET is most likely blocking it and downloading a "protected" copy of it.  There should be a way in ESET settings or notifications to tell ESET to ignore its concerns and download it "as is". If not, just turn off ESET then use EDGE to download it (like Bob said).  Then Edge will offer you to "download anyway" after EDGE warns you about the file. After you download the good copy then you can turn ESET back on again (but you'll probably STILL have to tell ESET to ignore it when you try to run it...set an Exclusion in ESET for it).

Edited by FalconAF
  • Like 2

Rick Ryan

OK, I just tried downloading it again, and the window popped up and it was from Chrome. This was blocking the download, and I could check download anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Both are good but I find that expert mode caters better to my needs (TLOD 1400 lol!)

And now you can see Mos Eisley, Tatooine clearly from the flight deck of the Fenix at FL 360🤣

Currently putting a Special Forces Coalition Team together to free your PC from the tyranny that is CPT_Piett LOL

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Currently putting a Special Forces Coalition Team together to free your PC from the tyranny that is CPT_Piett LOL

ROFL!  Actually, a good beta tester WILL have a tyrannical approach to beta testing sometimes.  It can be the things the developer never considered a user might try to do with the app that might be discovered then.  So once in a while the beta tester may..."I'll bet ya the developer never thought anybody would try THIS!  Let's see if it breaks the program!!!"  😆

Note:  It's better to have a good relationship with the developer before you try that, though. 😀

Edited by FalconAF
  • Like 2

Rick Ryan

39 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

ESET is most likely blocking it and downloading a "protected" copy of it.  There should be a way in ESET settings or notifications to tell ESET to ignore its concerns and download it "as is". If not, just turn off ESET then use EDGE to download it (like Bob said).  Then Edge will offer you to "download anyway" after EDGE warns you about the file. After you download the good copy then you can turn ESET back on again (but you'll probably STILL have to tell ESET to ignore it when you try to run it...set an Exclusion in ESET for it).

Normally ESET will pop up a window, too, requiring me to either continue download or delete the file. It doesn't do so in this case. Will have a look what happens if I temporarily shut off ESET. Thanks for your advise

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe