Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burning Blue Design Enhanced Global Vegetation

Featured Replies

21 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

There is not a clear winner between the 3 as expected. since I fly at FL300 my choice is still the default.

Cheers

dd

There is indeed. Bijan has wider coverage and note the palm trees and overall tree size being more correct.

Edited by udidwht

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD  650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in

  • Replies 134
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rocky_53
    Rocky_53

    Here's a fun one, at my expense! I installed EGV yesterday and never really tested it. Effectively, forgetting I had done so and began a flight into Vienna later in the day. On approach I thought to m

  • St Mawgan
    St Mawgan

    Enhanced Global Vegetation has been updated to version 1.5.5 We have had huge amounts of feedback, from testers and users. On the back of some observations around realism we have made the following c

  • Just a quick flight, overall I noticed an improvement of the forest density and colour in the UK. Flying over my own neighbourhood in the Peak District , which is a real world general aviation scenic

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Based on my observations when watching that video, I am more than happy to stick with the default trees.

  • Corrections for PG blobs are obviously irrelevant to me.

  • The tree density with the Burning Blue product seems to be less than default.

  • The visual look from the air in Europe does not seem to be all that much different between all three.

  • The palm trees in Los Angeles with the Burning Blue product were reducing in size at close range!

  • The default trees in Los Angeles look massive when compared to the other versions. That does not seem to be the case in other areas.

BB's palm trees are blobs.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.7184 IntelCorei7-3770K GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3 32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24 AsusRTX2070OC8GB 1TBCrucialMX500SSD 2 TB PNY CS900 (x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs LGBlueRayBurner RosewillChallengerTowerBlack CorsairRM750wPSU X56HOTAS TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo TrackIR5Pro 34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p TM2xMFDCougar OculusQuest2 InateckKU5211PCIe3.2 LTERIVERPCIeG2S4 TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US Windows 11 Home 26H2 26300.9550 - i7 14700F MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II RTX 5060ti OC 16GB 32GB DDR5 5600mhz 2TB MSI nVME 4TB Crucial nVME 4TB SPCC SATA SSD P-3 4TB SSD  650w Gold PSU Monitor LG 2560x1080p 34in

36 minutes ago, udidwht said:

BB's palm trees are blobs.

Only if you have PG enabled, which I do not.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

  • Author
On 9/15/2026 at 10:29 AM, Christopher Low said:

Based on my observations when watching that video, I am more than happy to stick with the default trees.

  • The palm trees in Los Angeles with the Burning Blue product were reducing in size at close range!

Hey Christopher, I noticed this only today when moving around Ibiza airport. Surely it's some kind of bug. It looks ridiculous! I will contact the dev and log a bug report mefinks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX4090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, LG Ultragear 48"4K, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 9/15/2026 at 1:36 PM, udidwht said:

There is indeed. Bijan has wider coverage and note the palm trees and overall tree size being more correct.

Bijan also has years of updates behind their product at this point. Nothing against BB, but we don't exactly know what their track record will be with this product in the future. We do know that Bijan has been receptive to tweaks of certain areas over the years, down to individual airports (or even individual trees like we see in LA along the beach), so I think that should be factored in when you look at the cost differences.

I use and have enjoyed Bijan's enhanced seasons, but sometimes I turn it off for troubleshooting and then forget to turn it on and stick with the default for a few months. Just like that video shows, it's all highly dependent of the area you fly in.

I like what I see so far BBD, but I am not really that difficult so I am happy. Course I had no real problem with the default.

I used to use Bijan in the past in 2020, but it was a big hassle changing the seasons, even the downloads

Is this still the case with 2024 or has the setup been streamlined to a simple plug in setup.

Also do you know if there is a rebate if you own the older version

Ron

MSFS 2024 -Too many airplanes to name. Too many airports to name.

I've been flipping between the two on an ad lib basis and I'm pretty well convinced by......Bijan!

I'll try BB again if there's an update.

The World is divided into two groups. Those who say "Give me a link" and those that provide the link. WWG1WGA

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

I'll try BB again if there's an update.

Which is what I'm waiting for before deciding for good. I'm not expecting Bijan style 'update or three a week', but I was hoping for more than we've had already which was just two little ones. It does need some further work. I noticed that yesterday, flying up the Thames. Tall Italian Cypress trees everywhere 🤔

 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2  - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base

Bijan's is up to v5.0 in case you're not an update hound.

The World is divided into two groups. Those who say "Give me a link" and those that provide the link. WWG1WGA

1 hour ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

I like what I see so far BBD, but I am not really that difficult so I am happy. Course I had no real problem with the default.

I used to use Bijan in the past in 2020, but it was a big hassle changing the seasons, even the downloads

Is this still the case with 2024 or has the setup been streamlined to a simple plug in setup.

Also do you know if there is a rebate if you own the older version

Seasons are all handled by the sim in the 2024 version, so just one addon to keep track of. Not sure about the rebate, might be tied to whatever store you bought the 2020 version from.

I was curious so I just enabled Bijan's again and removed BB after a few weeks of having it. I'm going to stick with Bijan I think. More realistic density of trees for sure. The banks of the Thames look much better too.

 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2  - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base

Yes, same for me: the thing that let me return to Bijan is the low density of trees with BBD, really not good to look at.

Greetings, Chris

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024

6 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Which is what I'm waiting for before deciding for good. I'm not expecting Bijan style 'update or three a week', but I was hoping for more than we've had already which was just two little ones. It does need some further work. I noticed that yesterday, flying up the Thames. Tall Italian Cypress trees everywhere 🤔

There is now an update.

T45

5 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

There is now an update.

T45

Still on 1.5.5

 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2  - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.