Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Burning Blue Design Enhanced Global Vegetation

Featured Replies

  • Replies 134
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rocky_53
    Rocky_53

    Here's a fun one, at my expense! I installed EGV yesterday and never really tested it. Effectively, forgetting I had done so and began a flight into Vienna later in the day. On approach I thought to m

  • St Mawgan
    St Mawgan

    Enhanced Global Vegetation has been updated to version 1.5.5 We have had huge amounts of feedback, from testers and users. On the back of some observations around realism we have made the following c

  • Just a quick flight, overall I noticed an improvement of the forest density and colour in the UK. Flying over my own neighbourhood in the Peak District , which is a real world general aviation scenic

Only tried out a couple of areas, so can't say for sure, but the coverage does seem a bit anemic. I'm personally leaning towards using Bijan's just because when you're flying at 500' or higher, you really don't care how detailed the bark of a tree is.... That said, owning both, i'll probably swap between the two, depending on mood. If they could up the density, i'd probably go with BB, but till then, i like Bijan's coverage.

AMD 9950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 5090

FMR: 747 FO, 757/767 CAPT, 737 Check Airman
Current 777 CAPT

 

I bought Burning Blue Design trees when I first read about it on this forum. I have put it into my Community folder, but HOW do I verify it's in myt MSFS 2024 sim? I looked in Marketplace and My Library but there is no mention of this program. Please tell me how to make sure I have this working in my sim.

56 minutes ago, spilok said:

I bought Burning Blue Design trees when I first read about it on this forum. I have put it into my Community folder, but HOW do I verify it's in myt MSFS 2024 sim? I looked in Marketplace and My Library but there is no mention of this program. Please tell me how to make sure I have this working in my sim.

While in My Library, you should be able to search for "Burning Blue". It should show up as a Community add-on, where you can enable/disable it.

15 hours ago, mmcmah said:

While in My Library, you should be able to search for "Burning Blue". It should show up as a Community add-on, where you can enable/disable it.

Thank you. Found it. Never would have thought it was under that heading. Much appreciated.

 9950X3D - X870E Aorus Master- TUF 5090 OC - 64GB DDR5 - 1500W HXi - Titan 360 RX LCD - 9100 Pro x 2  - LG 45GX950A - HOTAS Warthog with Ava Base

There is not a clear winner between the 3 as expected. since I fly at FL300 my choice is still the default.

Cheers

dd

Flying into smaller airports, I really like BB over the default. Just flew into Bowerman and it looks absolutely lovely.

Ultimate test for me, is looking out my window in the PNW and seeing believable vegetation...

Have not tried Bijan, so cannot comment.. but for the price, this is a really nice and uncomplicated addon.

I may be imagining this, but performance seems really good too 🙂

Bert

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Flying into smaller airports, I really like BB over the default. Just flew into Bowerman and it looks absolutely lovely.

Ultimate test for me, is looking out my window in the PNW and seeing believable vegetation...

Have not tried Bijan, so cannot comment.. but for the price, this is a really nice and uncomplicated addon.

I may be imagining this, but performance seems really good too 🙂

I do similar flying to you Bert. I only have Bijan at the moment. But from previous comparison pics, it seems that BB has far fewer trees than Bijan. I really prefer seeing lots of trees, especially in forested areas like my local area, or PNW etc. Do you think the trees are sparser with BB vs default?

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

55 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I do similar flying to you Bert. I only have Bijan at the moment. But from previous comparison pics, it seems that BB has far fewer trees than Bijan. I really prefer seeing lots of trees, especially in forested areas like my local area, or PNW etc. Do you think the trees are sparser with BB vs default?

I do.. and in most situations it does not bother me. The overall look is just fine, and in many cases better.

I also believe, without proof, that it may help with overall performance..

My only concern is that the sparser trees may not cover some of the ugly PG artifacts as well as the bushy trees in the default..

Only time will tell.. 😉

Bert

Based on my observations when watching that video, I am more than happy to stick with the default trees.

  • Corrections for PG blobs are obviously irrelevant to me.

  • The tree density with the Burning Blue product seems to be less than default.

  • The visual look from the air in Europe does not seem to be all that much different between all three.

  • The palm trees in Los Angeles with the Burning Blue product were reducing in size at close range!

  • The default trees in Los Angeles look massive when compared to the other versions. That does not seem to be the case in other areas.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

.

23 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:
  • The palm trees in Los Angeles with the Burning Blue product were reducing in size at close range!

That's another side affect of the Asobo LOD adjustments. I get this with lots of scenery / ground objects, and it is also what causes the missing wheel problems, and I believe linked to the slow rendering in the cockpit when going from inside to external view then back again, when the sim choses to flush the previous rendering and build up the cockpit from lower LODs again.

I never had any of these issues during SU3, I was loving the sim. They started at SU4 for me when they made the 'optimisations'. 🙄

I might phrase a question for the Q&A, but then my last one on the DX12 ground tiles going missing was pushed of by Martial saying 'well it's a big world to cover'. This caused a riot in the live text, causing Jorg to intervene and asking Martial to maybe take another look at the issue. It was fixed at next update, after a 14 months of asking, Jorg is a great champion of the sim and the only one I have any respect for on these Q&A sessions. I wouldn't pay the other character in chocolate buttons!

Edited by bobcat999

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I wouldn't pay the other character in chocolate buttons!

Agreed. Martial Bossard shouldn't be let anywhere near customer interactions. Dismisses everything that doesn't align with his agenda and tends to stoke more fires up than he puts out!

Bill 😎
FS2024 • Currently enjoying : ISW Evektor EV-97, A2A Comanche 2024 & Aerostar • Black Square Commander 114, Bonanzas, Barons, C208, TBM850, Dukes • COWS DA40 & DA42 • FSW Legacy, C24R Sierra & C414 • Echo Falco F8L • Got Friends A32 Vixxen • FSReborn Sirius TL3000 • Flying Fries Gabriel 160TR • Flyboy Rans S6S • Skyward DA50RG • SWS Zenith CH701, RV-8, RV-10, RV-14 • Bagolu C172M & ICP Savannah Currently flying IRL: Evektor EV-97 EuroStar, Pipersport SportCruiser, Aeroprakt A32 Vixxen, Bristell Classic, TL Sirius TL-3000, Rans S6LS
TrackIR • BeyondATC • PMS GTN Payware • RealTurb • Axis & Ohs
9800X3D • RTX 3080 • 64GB DDR5-6000
Former PPL IR, grounded by diabetes. Now UK NPPL(M)

Years later that @BijanStudio just makes one very tough competitor of an addon here! 🏆

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.