Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

"I bought iFly 737 for FS9" thread

So another Boeing it is for FS9
Hi, Gavin! I was wondering if you're going to get this one. You are. Good! I don't think you will regret it.And you're right: another Boeing. Well, there's an airbus released today for FSX. But you know it wouldn't be our music, anyway. :( captain_icon.jpgSo, let's 737 somewhere!

Guilty here also and i'm very satisfied at it :(

Mikael Leinonen

I'll chime in on this thread as well. Guilty -bought it the first day it came out and been having a blast with it since. Cheers, -Robert

After waiting a few days for the dust to settle, and reading the F1 user forum, I am happy to plead guilty as well. This is a top level add-on and the support looks good too. :(

Graeme Butler

Not guilty yet, But will be 100% guilty as soon as the CTD patch is released. I cant wait, I have big plans for this bird.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

will be 100% guilty as soon as the CTD patch is released
Gerry, I guess this is not a common error and must happen to some users only. I haven't experienced it for the few days of testing and enjoying iFly.To be honest I haven't had any CTD in FS9 for as long as my memory serves me.

Gerry, I guess this is not a common error and must happen to some users only. I haven't experienced it for the few days of testing and enjoying iFly.To be honest I haven't had any CTD in FS9 for as long as my memory serves me.
I had a few OOM's and it is believed that the cause is in their Navdata. A patch is being tested as I write this. :smile:I noticed that the pagefile was growing constantly, even on those flights where the OOM did not occur. I ended a flight with 1.5Gb pagefile on one occasion.Once these niggling problems will be resolved, the iFly B737 series will be one great, great add-on! Is it worth it even if you have the "other" B737? No doubt! Worth every penny in my book. By the way, there is a FS9 to iFly B747 flight plan converter here on AVSIM. convertpln.zip is the name. For those who don't want to manually insert flight plans...Just my 0.02€Regards,Jure

You know what I think is most interesting? It is not so much sales numbers, it is the response of the FS9 community. Just look: when is the last time you have seen such a massive excitement? When is the last time you have seen people jumping on a product so quickly? Indeed, it is some time ago! There have been some great releases, but I can't remember such excitement for some time. The way it has really been expressed is the speed with which repaints have been made. Consider this: the iFly is out for, what? A week or so? The speed with which repaints have ben churned out is truly astounding. We started out with ziltch, and already we have a set of repaints that represent every continent in the world, enabling everybody to fly in his own region somewhat realistically. I think that's great. I know I will be continuing with my repaints for sure (737-300 El Al and 737-800 KLM, coming up!) wink.gifPoint is, I don't remember people being so happy about a product release, and it shows in people's reaction and action.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

it is believed that the cause is in their Navdata
Happily looks like Navigraph will tak over their AIRACs too. :(

Hi, Gavin! I was wondering if you're going to get this one. You are. Good! I don't think you will regret it.And you're right: another Boeing. Well, there's an airbus released today for FSX. But you know it wouldn't be our music, anyway. :( captain_icon.jpgSo, let's 737 somewhere!
Couldn't resist it and got it last night. So far very happy, but it doesn't look like I'll get much time to FS this weekend :-(An Airbus for FSX? What's FSX? :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

You know what I think is most interesting? It is not so much sales numbers, it is the response of the FS9 community. Just look: when is the last time you have seen such a massive excitement? When is the last time you have seen people jumping on a product so quickly? Indeed, it is some time ago! There have been some great releases, but I can't remember such excitement for some time. The way it has really been expressed is the speed with which repaints have been made. Consider this: the iFly is out for, what? A week or so? The speed with which repaints have ben churned out is truly astounding. We started out with ziltch, and already we have a set of repaints that represent every continent in the world, enabling everybody to fly in his own region somewhat realistically. I think that's great. I know I will be continuing with my repaints for sure (737-300 El Al and 737-800 KLM, coming up!) wink.gifPoint is, I don't remember people being so happy about a product release, and it shows in people's reaction and action.
You're quite right, Benjamin! The iFly B737 has that something that charms us. I can say only this: finally, I have a stable FS9, running at full everything, looking gorgeous. There are so many beautiful places to fly to and from and now we have a brand new B737 series of aircraft. Excited? You bet! Plus, the team is VERY responsive to our demands, requests, whines and whatnot and the forum over at Flight1 is one happy place. I, too, will continue painting, time allowing. And this..., this Shamu.... beast! needs to be finished. Big%20Grin.gifRegards,Jure

Hey everyone...well, I'm not "guilty" as yet, but it's not because I don't want it. I'm one of those "eye-candy" simmers that likes a certain degree of realism, but not something that would give me a headache to learn to fly. Having taken a look at the iFly package, I'm very much impressed with the quality of the visual model (both exterior and interior). However, to date the most complicated aircraft I have in my sim is the Majestic DHC-8 and usually I'm flying around in the QualityWings 757. When compared to the QW 75', how complicated is the iFly 737? BTW, I've never owned the PMDG 737 series. I wouldn't mind spending the $55 on it, but I don't want to buy it only to go bananas trying to fly it! While I know about Flight1's return policy, I'd rather not buy at all than have to return it if I'm dissatisfied. Any advice is appreciated! Cheers,George

I ordered FSX in November 2006 because I wanted to practice ATC together with VOXATC in that time for my real world flying training course and after having FS95/2000/2004 for several years on my computer with a average use of 10 hours/year I re-discovered MSFS. Before the end of 2006 I discovered also VATSIM and I was completely happy with flying the default FSX 737-800. What a eye candy VC cockpit compared to the earlier versions including FS2004... After fiddeling a lot with the hardware to get FSX running in a proper way and the limitations with the default 737-800, I stepped back to FS9 2 years ago and started flying the beloved Level-D 767.My average simtime is now 10 hours/week...Although I have the correct hardware now to run FSX in a good way I'm more happy with FS2004 and also bought the Ifly-737. This plane is giving me so much fun that the Level-D 767 is in the hangar for more then 3 weeks now.One of the keypoints for me is a good working FMC with SID/STARS and an eye candy VC cockpit that can compete with the default FSX 737-800 serie.I also agree with some people that the colours in FSX looks cartoonish compared to FS2004.The i-fly 737 is a must have for every FS9 airline pilot....

the most complicated aircraft I have in my sim is the Majestic DHC-8
As far as I know it is one of the most complex and realistic addons for MFS (also used for real pilot training purposes).So I am absolutely sure you would have no problems to learn flying iFly 737NG. Additionally, for those not-very-much-boeing-yet, there is a great tutorial to follow.And the 30-day refund is a great move from Flight1. I used it only once (AirSimmer of course) and there were no problems about it. So, no risk to try! :(