Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Re: NGX impending release: Are we there yet?

+1And it isn't the first time that simmers have to wait for a good product but i think nobody's gonna die if it takes 2-3 weeks longer :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

You say that but the more it is released late, the most they will have to sell to be profitable. Because basically they work and lose money as long as the product is not released, it don't bring in fresh cash
I really think your confusing PMDG with some multi million dollar company with hundreds of employees, contracts and deadlines, you do realize that they are just a few people who really like flight simulation. And its not released late because they never set a release date. Rose.gif

I really think your confusing PMDG with some multi million dollar company with hundreds of employees, contracts and deadlines, you do realize that they are just a few people who really like flight simulation. And its not released late because they never set a release date. Rose.gif
No, he has a point. A point that even one of the PMDG guys made too. PMDG doesn't make money until the product is released, so the delays are hurting them more than us. It might also interest you to know that they do have an internal schedule and release date, they just aren't sharing it.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Is this system capable of running FSX with high graphics?I7 975 (heard there is a new upgrade coming out so will hopefully get that)Gigabyte motherboard8GB DDR3-2000 something Mhz 2x3TB HDD2x GTX 5803x Samsung 27" LEDReally starting to get impatient on this whole waiting thing as it is pretty dumb, so it better be incredibly good!

PMDG doesn't make money until the product is released
I know their not making money, but I doubt they are losing money.

Based on my theory, this product is significant different from any previous product of PMDG. Because they have invested huge amounts of money and time on the development including accessing technical documents which are only available for airliners, the price should be at least several hundred dollars. I cannot rule out the possibility of reaching thousands of dollars if you want to buy the whole products. Since this product is a must-have thing for all FS Hard core simmers and can never be replaced by anything such as "Made in China" ifly 737 developped by three FS ethusiasts who never fly any real plane, no matter how expenesive this product is, even 10 000, a lot of copies will be sold for sure.
Here's a pic of RSR while unveiling the final price for the NGX... Just in case you want to use it when you publish your theorydr-evil.jpg%20w%3D268%26h%3D300.jpgA TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!!

Is this system capable of running FSX with high graphics?I7 975 (heard there is a new upgrade coming out so will hopefully get that)Gigabyte motherboard8GB DDR3-2000 something Mhz 2x3TB HDD2x GTX 5803x Samsung 27" LEDReally starting to get impatient on this whole waiting thing as it is pretty dumb, so it better be incredibly good!
I think a SSD could help a lot. You can try to buy a 90G SSD and install your O/S and FSX on it.

I know their not making money, but I doubt they are losing money.
What about wages? In my world wages are definatly somthing that would cost a small compaany like PMDG alot and I doubt they only get paid when the product comes out, it is a full time development team after all, PMDG have been financing themselves with relativly quick add-on packs for the 747 IMHO. There's no doubt that they are under pressure to get this product out as fast as possible but releasing a buggy product could cost them more in the long run...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I hope Beta test goes well....Greg

too much, too soon....

Hmm, got my suitcase packed, ready to go for a 2 week vacation......How do I tell the wife I am not coming.......?Great news! For the frist time can´t wait for the vacation to be over LOL.gif Menno
Phew...made it back in time. Florida weather was outstanding. Waiting patiently again....:(

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

What about wages? In my world wages are definatly somthing that would cost a small compaany like PMDG alot and I doubt they only get paid when the product comes out, it is a full time development team after all, PMDG have been financing themselves with relativly quick add-on packs for the 747 IMHO. There's no doubt that they are under pressure to get this product out as fast as possible but releasing a buggy product could cost them more in the long run...
Well thats just the thing, we don't know how PMDG's pay structure works, it could be exactly how you suggest or it could be all together different, one thing for sure is it will put a hurt in the profits if they are paying every member on the team by the hour.biggrin.gif

If you really want the ngx release fast, then you have go earlier to sleep and wake up later time then normal. thats reducing the time:-) maybe that helpsexample:Normal sleep time:8 hours x 90 days (around 3 months) = 720 hoursNGX release sleep time 10 hours x 90 days (around 3 months) = 900 hoursSo difference is 900 - 720 hours = 180 hours, wich means 7,5 days for early release!!! Big%20Grin.gifthe best option is to sleep for 3 monts long, so you feel less pain, but you have to get permission from the boss or go to vacation.thank you, thank you :(

This doesn't tell us much but PMDG posted this in a comment thread on the Facebook page yesterday:"Whether or not we are in beta testing has very little impact on when we will release this airplane. We expect a short beta period, as alpha testing is VERY thorough.."