Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

iFly 737 Has Been Released

They posted a picture with a caption about this being what a real 737 looks likePeople will complain about anything and everythingIt's an easy way to take your every day stresses out

They posted a picture with a caption about this being what a real 737 looks likePeople will complain about anything and everythingIt's an easy way to take your every day stresses out
Gosh, the thread that says "This is what an NG REALLY looks like"? You've got to be kidding me, people are upset at that? I dont see that in any way as taking a shot at iFly version, but that's just me. I did see that thread earlier today but didn't take it as more than just another preview thread that had a shot of the VC.Oh well....

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They posted a picture with a caption about this being what a real 737 looks like
no doubt a snide remark, like wishing rain on ifly's parade. i'll not buy pmdg's 737. but i'll buy their 777.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

The J41 a "flop"? Hardly. It's one of the best airliners made for FSX despite that bug. And I believe it just won another award from SimFlight for best airliner of 2010. So your opinion is a minority one.
I'm not so sure it is a "bug" by the standard definition, but an issue with FSX and animation limits. I get the same issue occasionally with the CS 707.

Is all this non-sense going to stop anyone from buying the PMDG 737NG when it's released? Their products/software speak for themselves.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is all this non-sense going to stop anyone from buying the PMDG 737NG when it's released? Their products/software speak for themselves.
Nope. It's just good business. I've been seeing alot of other developers introducing discounts on their products due to all the buzz surrounding the two. Both companies will feed off each other, if one won't/can't add to user demands maybe the other will to entice buyers.

There was a disturbing thread on the PMDG forums from one of their "Fan-boys" with the title "Do not buy the IFLy". Thankfully an avsim moderator locked the topic and PMDG showed civility in deleting such an uncalled for thread.I personally was very upset that somebody could post such a thing about a start up company of much smaller proportions contributing to a hobby we all enjoy. When those people that started or responded to that thread can produce something even close to IFLY then I'll eat crow and say they had every right to post that. The immaturity level in the flightsim community seems to increase every day around here.If you don't want the IFLY 737 then don't buy it and start posting threads that I'm not buying it etc. Just keep your mouth shut! If you bought it and have something valuable to contribute then speak your mind; you then have every right to. I bought the IFLY for FS9 and FSX and enjoy it immensely and will also buy the PMDG 737 without reservation to support all the quality developers. I support each and every developer that produces a reasonable product at a good price that I want. If we don't then this hobby will disappear or end up with one or two developers who can hold us over a barrel price wise and time wise.I have no issues with the FSX version as I flew from Flytampa Midway to Flytampa Buffalo and it was even better than the FS9 version of the flight. I'm very pleased with the purchase and will without reservation buy other products from IFLY. I will fly the same flight with the PMDG NGX when it comes out and am sure I will be just as pleased also and look forward to it. As others have said to each his own.Kindest Regards,Sean

Sean Green

I wholeheartedly agree. I will still buy that 737 of theirs, but they could be a lot more classy and much, much more humble. See, that's what I really like about the iFly support team: they always seem pleasant and helpful, and they don't seem to feel the need to take stabs at competitors, like, indeed that thread by Vin about the 737NG cockpit. I'm sorry, but that was petty. It seemed to me like an outcry for attention... For all that's holy, PMDG doesn't need that. The entire world is already following them closely.
I read Vin's thread immediately after my first flight in the iFLY NG, and IMHO it was a veiled jab at his competitor, based on the timing of the preview. But this is just normal business behavior, it didn't offend me, and I'm sure iFLY would have expected this. It's nice to see some competition for a change in our little hobby, but the a really excited user on either side should settle down and appreciate the contribution both developers are making. Based on the size of this market, I used to be under the impression that once someone announced their intention to develop a payware aircraft, others would either cancel their development or not attempt to replicate the effort. That still seems to be the case for payware airports, but when it comes to aircraft we can all now see that has changed, with the 757 (Captain Sim and Quality Wings, and maybe sometime this century, LevelD), the 777 (Captain Sim and PMDG) and of course our beloved 737 NG. This discussion does not need to escalate to a Mustang vs. Camaro, PC vs Mac type war of words; just sit back and enjoy the fruits of a healthy, market based payware community. Both NG products are highly sophisticated and similar in scope, they just differ in the breadth of systems details and hidden nuances and therefore are priced accordingly. We will utlimately decide ourselves who is more worthy with our credit cards, but we should not be attacking others in our community and should instead rejoice that a long awaited aircraft will finally be taking flight in the skies of FSX.

There was a disturbing thread on the PMDG forums from one of their "Fan-boys" with the title "Do not buy the IFLy". Thankfully an avsim moderator locked the topic and PMDG showed civility in deleting such an uncalled for thread.
I've deleted a heck of a lot more than just that thread, I want some of the people here to know that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I read Vin's thread immediately after my first flight in the iFLY NG, and IMHO it was a veiled jab at his competitor, based on the timing of the preview. But this is just normal business behavior, it didn't offend me, and I'm sure iFLY would have expected this. It's nice to see some competition for a change in our little hobby, but the a really excited user on either side should settle down and appreciate the contribution both developers are making. Based on the size of this market, I used to be under the impression that once someone announced their intention to develop a payware aircraft, others would either cancel their development or not attempt to replicate the effort. That still seems to be the case for payware airports, but when it comes to aircraft we can all now see that has changed, with the 757 (Captain Sim and Quality Wings, and maybe sometime this century, LevelD), the 777 (Captain Sim and PMDG) and of course our beloved 737 NG. This discussion does not need to escalate to a Mustang vs. Camaro, PC vs Mac type war of words; just sit back and enjoy the fruits of a healthy, market based payware community. Both NG products are highly sophisticated and similar in scope, they just differ in the breadth of systems details and hidden nuances and therefore are priced accordingly. We will utlimately decide ourselves who is more worthy with our credit cards, but we should not be attacking others in our community and should instead rejoice that a long awaited aircraft will finally be taking flight in the skies of FSX.
Mustang vs Camero? Dude, it Dodge vs Chevy vs....ehemm...ya uhmm....Ford. Here in Montana it is all about the trucks! :( Anywhoo...I am glad to see others in the market taking a stab at the heavy metal. With some patches the Ifly product will only get better. Also looking forward to the PMDG release. I actually even have the Ariane product in my hanger. It is going to stay there though until they figure out how to play nicely with Navigraph.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Heh, I already see the posts appearing saying "those that complain about some of PMDG's statement are simply the cynics that have complained about everything that PMDG ahs done until now". Just want to say that at least for myself this statement is absurdly wrong. With previews I tended to be rather positive and I never complained about them. When people argued that the released shots were only to "captivate us and hold us for a later release and how bad that is", I only said "looks nice and good luck". So, to throw us all on a heap as a bunch of cynics is a bit extreme, no?My complaint is not just about that thread title. I have already been seeing this "self confidence" for a very long time. For example, Tabs once said: "We regard OrbX scenery as the PMDG of scenery addons". I'm sorry, but this statement is as humble as an ant is big. This for sure does not mean that I will not buy their products, of course not! Heck, even though everybody complains about the Ariane 737NG, I tried that one too and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the product. I simply do not like PMDG's attitude, or the one of some of its team members anyway. Doesn't mean I don't like their products, and, in fairness, they have a reason to be this way. What I'm saying is that, despite that they have a reason, they shouldn't be so "self confident". I don't care if they say: "we are the best". What company is not going to say that? What disturbs me is that they actively compare themselves to other competitors, and then conclude that PMDG is better, or that others are as good as PMDG. A good, healthy, strong business shouldn't even need to do that. For the love of god, when you want to say how awesome something is, using your own business to signify it is just... ugh.Do not think that I only dislike PMDg for this when they do it. I also disliked Apple for some of their cheap jabs they took at Microsoft, and I found Microsoft was simply pitiful when they launched their "I'm a PC" commercials. I never liked this sort of comparing and I still don't like it. I acknowledge that it's functional sometimes (politics, anybody?), but if you can avoid it, then why just not avoid it? PMDG shouldn't need to do it. Everybody knows them already. Everybody will find their screenshots, and their screenshots get endlessly linked to and reposted on other forums. No need to actively take jabs others in my mind. But hey, I'm no business pro, maybe my opinion is flawed to eternity. I simply state what I do not like about PMDG's latest business pradtice.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Which brings me back to J41, with which I had one of the issues that everyone complained about (graphical error on highest quality level), so PMDG said to lower it - DUH, do I get 5Ghz and GTX580 to lower my graphical settings?... one time they either did not know how to solve it or did not want to.
Yep, I'm furious about that too... and they had to know about that prior to release or nobody from their beta team had J41 on high settings... c'mon. It already takes way way way too long for them to make a patch.. they could wait one more year and than make a patch and charge for it like Wilco Black%20Eye.gifI own everything from PMDG except that expansion for 747 - the fat one. I'm happy with everything, I fly them the most (ok, except Level-D, it's my probably the most flown plane, right after that one are MD-11, 747 and J41). But they really disappointed me with this J41 thing.. I want my icing effects already! :Party:I will buy PMDG 737 and I won't buy iFly... if I'm extremely disappointed with PMDG (extremely low FPS would probably the only deal breaker) than I'll buy iFly... I own a couple of 767's (LvD, CS), Airbuses (Wilco, Aerosoft),... but at the end I always fly just one of those and I never even touch other after I decided which one is for me. But I also understand those who buy both, no problems with that.

Gosh, the thread that says "This is what an NG REALLY looks like"? You've got to be kidding me, people are upset at that? I dont see that in any way as taking a shot at iFly version, but that's just me. I did see that thread earlier today but didn't take it as more than just another preview thread that had a shot of the VC.Oh well....
Totally agree with you there mate. I don't think it was a cheap shot or anything pertaining to a "dig" at Ifly.Some people just read WAY too much into comments.PMDG strictly enforce a "No bashing of competitors" policy on their forums and I do not believe they would endorse such behaviour themselves. I took the thread title to be a little bit of pride in what I am sure will be a very fine product.

".......  The immaturity level in the flightsim community seems to increase every day around here...."
Not true .. the "immaturity" has been consistent for the last 10 years.

Heh, I already see the posts appearing saying "those that complain about some of PMDG's statement are simply the cynics that have complained about everything that PMDG ahs done until now". Just want to say that at least for myself this statement is absurdly wrong. With previews I tended to be rather positive and I never complained about them. When people argued that the released shots were only to "captivate us and hold us for a later release and how bad that is", I only said "looks nice and good luck". So, to throw us all on a heap as a bunch of cynics is a bit extreme, no?My complaint is not just about that thread title. I have already been seeing this "self confidence" for a very long time. For example, Tabs once said: "We regard OrbX scenery as the PMDG of scenery addons". I'm sorry, but this statement is as humble as an ant is big. This for sure does not mean that I will not buy their products, of course not! Heck, even though everybody complains about the Ariane 737NG, I tried that one too and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the product. I simply do not like PMDG's attitude, or the one of some of its team members anyway. Doesn't mean I don't like their products, and, in fairness, they have a reason to be this way. What I'm saying is that, despite that they have a reason, they shouldn't be so "self confident". I don't care if they say: "we are the best". What company is not going to say that? What disturbs me is that they actively compare themselves to other competitors, and then conclude that PMDG is better, or that others are as good as PMDG. A good, healthy, strong business shouldn't even need to do that. For the love of god, when you want to say how awesome something is, using your own business to signify it is just... ugh.Do not think that I only dislike PMDg for this when they do it. I also disliked Apple for some of their cheap jabs they took at Microsoft, and I found Microsoft was simply pitiful when they launched their "I'm a PC" commercials. I never liked this sort of comparing and I still don't like it. I acknowledge that it's functional sometimes (politics, anybody?), but if you can avoid it, then why just not avoid it? PMDG shouldn't need to do it. Everybody knows them already. Everybody will find their screenshots, and their screenshots get endlessly linked to and reposted on other forums. No need to actively take jabs others in my mind. But hey, I'm no business pro, maybe my opinion is flawed to eternity. I simply state what I do not like about PMDG's latest business pradtice.
And just like the other people complaining, you readily allow yourself to buy PMDG's products. You even admit PMDG has reason to be proud of their work. Like the other posters complaining about PMDG, your argument is a mile wide and an inch deep.