Sign in to follow this  
AlphaInfinity

AivlaSoft EFB

Guys, Trying to get some opinions on this product. I downloaded the full version with the 30 day trial and I really like what I see so far. The price is pretty steep though so I wanted to check in with the community to verify a few things: 1. I know that this product won't import flightplans into the PMDG 737 NGX...correct?2. How is their support? Updates, fixes etc etc etc3. Are they pretty responsive to customers? The UI is fantastic and I love the fact that I can run the UI on my laptop and the data provider on my FSX box.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

1. I know that this product won't import flightplans into the PMDG 737 NGX...correct? yes, but I'm sure this issue will be fixed very soon ... maybe they have to wait for the NGX SDK 2. How is their support? Updates, fixes etc etc etc Very good! They have fixed every known bug since release (if possible) and much more: with every update you get countless little new features! 3. Are they pretty responsive to customers? Have a look into their forum .. I would say yes, very fast! The price is very steep yes, but they have currently 20% off till the 20th!!!!But I swear: the price is really the only disadvantage!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I'm currently experiencing some issues with EFB, these are, I believe, at 'my end'. I've posted these on their forum and, from past experience, I know they'll sort me out. Yes indeed, it is a little expensive. HOWEVER, I would not be without it now!!! If you haven't already purchased it, I'm sure you won't regret doing so.

Guys, Trying to get some opinions on this product. I downloaded the full version with the 30 day trial and I really like what I see so far. The price is pretty steep though so I wanted to check in with the community to verify a few things: 1. I know that this product won't import flightplans into the PMDG 737 NGX...correct?2. How is their support? Updates, fixes etc etc etc3. Are they pretty responsive to customers? The UI is fantastic and I love the fact that I can run the UI on my laptop and the data provider on my FSX box.
1. I had this on Trial for 30 days and unfortunately through my own fault missed a Special Offer,but did not have any issues exporting into PMDG Flight Plans.Mind you,the 737NGX was not out then.But if it could export to the PMDG Flightplans folder within FSX,and these were useable in the MD-11 and 747 then I don't envisage any issues with the 737.

then I don't envisage any issues with the 737.
there are currently issues, as PMDG changed sth...!But AivlaSoft will bring a fix for that, trust me!

Guenter Steiner

1. Currently true. We were informed that PMDG would like us to request route format details from them again after next Monday. Your other questions require subjective answers, ones that I can't offer in good faith. I hope you understand. blush.png
Although I'm currently experiencing some issues with EFB, these are, I believe, at 'my end'. I've posted these on their forum and, from past experience, I know they'll sort me out.
Phil, This is a head-scratching issue, and Urs is trying to get a handle on it.
1. I had this on Trial for 30 days and unfortunately through my own fault missed a Special Offer,but did not have any issues exporting into PMDG Flight Plans.Mind you,the 737NGX was not out then.But if it could export to the PMDG Flightplans folder within FSX,and these were useable in the MD-11 and 747 then I don't envisage any issues with the 737.
As Günter noted, AivlaSoft EFB is 20% off until August 20th. Apparently there are minor differences with using these route / flight plan files in the PMDG 737. With luck we'll know what the differences are sometime next week. (I from my Pacific-overlooking beach perch while on vacation.)
Everyone else, thank you for both your custom and for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated!! Regards,

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

1. That is only because PMDG has not released the documentation for the new rte file structure for the 737NGX. Some attempts were actually made trying to adapt the J4100 rte file stucture but PMDG has made a lot of changes for the NGX.. The main player for the PMDG data will not be available for another week or so, then assuming they actually release the documentation file, AivlaSoft has to schedule the coding engineer to build the update and test it. A good guess would be you can plan to have full flight plan capability with the PMDG 737NGX within 30 days. If not, I will be even more disappointed than you. 2. Support is excellent and then some. Could not be any better. 3. The most responsive developer I know. 4. Improvements are the name of the game for Aivlasoft. You can check a partial review of the EFB at Avsim here http://www.avsim.com/pages/0511/Combo/MD11.html. The Aivlasoft Electronic Flight Bag is in the middle and the end of the reivew. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Just purchased a key yesterday after a couple of days trail. It's really very well done and works perfect on my network. Excellent product, Travis Applause.gif . Please keep us posted about the .rte capability.

Have never looked back since grabbing my copy. As you indicated, running it on my laptop is a huge bonus as it gives me complete access without affecting my flight. Wonderful product.

- Aaron

Do I need a second monitor for this addon to run?
You surely do not need a second one, but I can highly recommend a second one; and that not only for EFB. Can't imagine how to fly without a second one with all the stuff you need to run and look at during flight.Imagine only browsing in the internet ... an absolute advantage we have against the bored reallife pilots LOL.gif

Guenter Steiner

Tomaz, A second monitor is not required, but another screen (on a second PC if you prefer to run your sim in full-screen mode) does seem to offer more utility. (Some of our customers like to move their EFB display to their iPads using some iUtility named AirDisplay.) There is a full-featured 30-day trial if you might be interested. (I shan't do any more promoting in this thread other than this.) Ray / Heiko / Aaron -- Thank you kindly, gentlemen!

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)