Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Interesting waypoint names

That's interesting and something I would have never known if it wasn't for flight simulation!
++1.Once more, this hobby teaches us. Thanks Dan. Edited by vc10man

Outside of Ithaca, NY:PTAKI - Former Governor George PatakiOn the J82 out of Albany, NY:LOXXE WILET MEMMS VIEEWOn the J584:MEGSS HAYED BWZ (Broadway VOR)Must be a controller's wife didn't like the show...

I like the one near my local airport, CYHZ Halifax. It's SPLIT CROW. Just sounds cool

JFK departure (just off the coast of Atlantic): WAVEY, SHIPP.Inland to the south of NYC: YNKEE, RNGRR, METSS (get it? NY Yankees, NY Rangers, NY Mets), WHITE (predominantly rich white area)KEWR ILS 22L: GIMEE, BUZZDKEWR ILS 4R: DOOIN (as in New Joyzee accent: "How you doin' ") :-)Cheers,Dmitriy.

Near Stuttgart(Germany)VATERUNSER (So the beginning of Lord's Prayer "Our Father...")
That puts a smile on my face everytime I fly there... which is very often. I wonder if these names were given on purpose :(

In Saudi airspace there used to be 3 named " DEDLY OSAMA LADEN" dont know if they are still there, some of the waypoints on the East coast of Florida are named after challenger astronauts, SCOBE= Dick Scobee etc

I always wondered about the guys that actually picks those names.. something like "Ok, boys, this is THAT part of the day, to pick the names of new Waypoints!" I mean, seriously, some names, even more in America, are so random!I think it's something automatic, like "Waypoint-O-Matic 3000 Plus", "Clike here to generate new names" or something hahaha.Near my hometown, there are some cool ones: JUICEOGRECAKECheers.

Jefferson Santos
sbpa.png

Just flew LSZH - LXGB and one of the waypoints was VADAR and another KOTEX! Silly names... make you smile.

My wife will love this one:PRADA N49 25 30, W095 45 27 (Winnipeg area).Now she can relate her hobby to mine :(

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Fans of the Bard's writing will like the first two, if you prefer your literature a bit more pictorial, then the second two will be more up your street:2012-4-1_6-50-52-715.jpgNote: for anyone who doesn't get it, Shakespeare of course wrote Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, and two popular children's comics published in the UK are the Dandy and the Beano.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There is DRINK and WISKY next to each other somewhere over Brazil

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Guys, you should really explain every fix name you post, I do not understand more than 80% of waypoints you found interesting.