Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

Who would like the MD-11 remade in the future

Who would like the MD-11 remade for the future  

545 members have voted

1. 1. Who would like to see the MD-11 remade in the future

• yes
    • no

I'd say an upgrade in the graphics is required. Other than that I won't buy another one. As the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

All we PMDG MD11 lovers have to do is some advertisement to get more simmers to buy the MD11. I (at the conference in Munich) was able to to persuade at least one guy to buy the lovely lady.

After watching the presentation of PMDG it's not going to happen, so we have to enjoy what we got, and I do.

Sure I would like a MD-11 with a updated VC, and all the bells and whistles PMDG can do now. But a SDK on the level of the NGX so we could have a better integrated FS2Crew version is higher on my wishlist.It's not going to happen though.

there is a chance they might do it but it is really not that old so it wont be for a long time and i hope it will happen.

It would be nice to see the MD-11 eventually get the goods. I imagine it would be quite a while tho with the other projects on the plate. Apart from some blurry numbers and a few bugs it is an excellent product. It is still and will be the best long hauler/freighter experience available at least until 777 is out. Even 747V1 is still the best simulation of a 747 available.

I somewhat agree, but the only modification that makes sense at least until now is the FS2CREW Voice Edition for the bird.. a bit OT, yet instead of remaking the existing aircraft, take a challenge to design Airbus, it's a promising market

It's not going to happen though.
RSR even said that the initial release of the MD11 was a bit of a disappointment.

Thankfully the product they put out doesn't disappoint! I was one of those who SWORE the MD-11 had nothing to offer me. My NGXs get jealous now because I spend so much time with her! The visual aspects of the thing are the main gripe I have... in my ignorance I would assume a re-texturing and a visual model update are "all" that is required. She has great systems and really does fly well.

It was my baby before the NGX was released. I wouldn't mind seeing it revisited in the future after the new birds arrive.

Chris Hicks

I don't own it. I have no interest in Tri engine aircraft. Pretty superficial really. I don't fault anyone that does. Just personal preference. I would rather see a 757 or 767 than the MD11.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I don't own it. I have no interest in Tri engine aircraft. Pretty superficial really. I don't fault anyone that does. Just personal preference. I would rather see a 757 or 767 than the MD11.
PMDG has publicly stated they won't do a 767, as Level-D replicates them extremely well and LVLD is currently in-progress of the 757. They said the only way they would consider the 757 is if Level-D tells them they aren't going to finish or release it.Like the others, I of course would love an upgrade to the MD-11. Having said that, it is still a great airplane and I think it is in better condition than the 747. Therefore, I would love to see one but I don't necessarily see the need; much less the market demand from a PMDG angle. The one thing I would love to see them do with the MD-11 is to create a HUD system like the NGX, as FedEx has begun installing them into their MD-11s. I also believe FedEx is looking at HUD systems for their 777F's.Greg E.