Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

Who would like the MD-11 remade in the future

Who would like the MD-11 remade for the future  

545 members have voted

1. 1. Who would like to see the MD-11 remade in the future

• yes
    • no

I'd buy an updated version of the MD-11. Frankly, I have been on the fence for a long time trying to decide, but after getting the NGX and seeing how it looks, the MD-11 VC graphics look a little to dated now. As much as I loved the LDS-767 for all the years I had been using FSX, I tried to fly it a few weeks ago but quit the flight only about 5 minutes into it just due to the way the VC looked. I must say the NGX VC graphics have really spoiled me to the point that I dont want to fly anything else if it doesn't graphically look as nice.

Plus the MD-11 is more expensive than the NGX which is a little bit of a drawback for me. If I could get it on CD for $25 like I did with the 747 at BestBuy I would go ahead and get it even with the older graphics.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Theres nothing wrong with the PMDG MD11, the VC is still gorgeous. And I love it. :wub:

Guest dlrk

Any idea what's going to happen to the MD-11's Lufthansa's getting rid of

Initially I was not interested in the MD-11. Then I figured it out. Now I love it. It definintely requires a bit more care. Better be on speed. Better wait till you are at push over before you retract those flaps. I have heard folks say they can't fly anything else after the NGX came out. Are you kidding me? My favorite aircraft is the MD-11. Unless I am flying the 744, or the J41. Get my point? Yes, I am one of the quiet majority that is too busy enjoying Flight Sim, and all the addons. I don't spend every waking moment tweaking. Too busy "flying". Have been around the world a few times in the MD-11 and the 744. A little "Theater of the Mind" does wonders for the enjoyment. I do not have enough complaints on the MD-11 to require a refresh or update. That does not mean I am not looking forward to the 747 V2 or the upgraded 747-8i. And the 777.....I love that aircraft. One of my favorite to fly on. By the way, don't let the number of posts or the incept date fool you. I have been around Avsim since the beginning. A refugee from CompuServe Flight Simulator Forum....when IT was the place to be.

I really enjoy the PMDG MD11. I love the RL aircraft. Selfishly, I can't understand who would vote "no" to a MD11 remake... C'mon!

So if we can't agree on a MD11 remake, maybe we can agree that tail 628 needs a "remake"

FDX.png

fdx3.png

There are a few more, but it may be a bit gory for some.

So vote yes for a MD11 remake! Won't someone please think about N628FE?! :cray:

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Dear all,

I voted no.

I like the MD-11 (and B744) allready as they are now.

Instead of recyling them I would prefer other aircraft in PMDG quality.

Looking forward to the 777 (hopefully for FS9 also)

I still enjoy flying the aircraft as it is right now. The only thing I would like to have, and for this I would have to look to Bryan York, is a voice edition of FS2Crew. After being used to voice, the button version doesn't quite do it anymore for me.

I would buy it because it is my favourite! I tought Pmdg would do a remake of this too.

Maybe one day...

David DD

Hi all,

Well apart from the MD11 flying wonderfully, I love the system's in the MD11 too, fantastic!!! Things are just that little bit different from the run of the mill Boeings and Airbus' that you see in FSX. I think it's a grand lady and still up there at the top of the PMDG list along with the 737NGX and J41.

While everyone seems to hanker for a re-make, I remember in the Aerosoft Conference video of Robert's talk, him saying the MD11 wasn't that popular either in real life or Sim world. So I think a re-make is unlikely. However 2 thought's spring to mind, the first everyone else doesn't realise what they are missing out on.

Secondly, at least the MD11 has full systems functionality and with the slightly older graphic's it isn't system resource hungry like the 737NGX and I fear the 777 will be too. Which is great if your running older machines, which alot of people are still doing. Not everyone can afford to upgrade or buy another PC when a new top of the range aircraft appears, as wonderful as these new creations in the virtual world are.

While everyone wants their favorite aircraft to appear in as high a detail as possible, I feel we should be thankful for the MD11 of the quality that we do have and lets remember PMDG can only do so much.......................Maybe the question should be, do we want upgrades of existing aircraft or new previously unseen aircraft? Variety is the spice of life they say!!!

While alot of folks might disagree with my thought's they are just that, my own thoughts and at the end of the day PMDG have their product development mapped out for a number of years I would guess. So I guess we will all have to sit and wait with baited breath to see what the future holds for our virtual hangers.

Great forum all the same,

Regards.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I wouldn't turn down a graphics update, but all I really want is an SDK that would allow an FS2Crew voice integration...of course, there's still the matter of low demand for FS2Crew onthis bird, but one step at a time.

Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

Frankly I'd rather prefer a 767-300ER from PMDG at NGX standards (or even better).

That would be one tremendous project, for me personally, since I'm going to do a 767 type rating in the next two years.

I'd only want an updated MD11 if it was updated due to the new technology being transferrable from the PMDG Boeing 717-200. In which case I would.

Probably won't happen before PMDG Boeing 787 :LMAO:

Trent Hopkinson