Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

Who would like the MD-11 remade in the future

Who would like the MD-11 remade for the future  

545 members have voted

1. 1. Who would like to see the MD-11 remade in the future

• yes
    • no

PMDG has publicly stated they won't do a 767, as Level-D replicates them extremely well and LVLD is currently in-progress of the 757.
As far as I know they said they wouldn't do the 757, but didn't mention anything about the 767.

Same here. I'm more than happy with the systems and functionality - It's an amazing aircraft. Id just love to see a VC up to the visual standards that have been implemented in the J41/NGX.

To me it seems that everyone wants the same thing: only a significant change in the graphics, especially in the cockpit, since the rest is very good.I am part of that group too. Let's hope that the MD11 appears with "a new makeup."Edited:Watching the 4th video of the Conference in Munich, Mr. Randazzo says, early on, about the MD11.Perhaps our response is there, and maybe not what we want. Who knows...

Edited by Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I flew the PMDG MD-11 a lot and I liked it.Sure, it could use a brush-up, but then, there are so many other aircraft out there which have not been modeled in FSX and are more important than the MD-11 in the real world. I like to have stuff in FSX that's actually in use by US and/or European airlines.Sad as it is, MD-11's will go away over the time, probably in favor of the 777.

Dave P. Woycek

I would like to see the MD-11 get a makeover sometime in the future.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I don't own it. I have no interest in Tri engine aircraft. Pretty superficial really. I don't fault anyone that does. Just personal preference. I would rather see a 757 or 767 than the MD11.
I can understand you, but I would like to give you another point of view on the MD11. For me it was not so important that it had three engines but to learn about the difference of mastering a Douglas compared to a Boeing. If you are used to fly Boeings there is not too much difference between the models in terms of FMC or autopilot usage. It can get "boring" after some time. The overhead panel of the MD11 is highly automated compared to one of a Boeing, the autopilot and MCP works differently and last but not least it has so much power. Also the MD 80s are a real challenge.

MD11: Revisited. Yep, why not? Incredible plane.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

For me a revisit isn't that important. What i really would love is a SP3 where all the resting bugs would be fixed.For example: fixing the 2d cockpit graphic problem and the descend issues. The MD11 isn't NGX quality but it is the second best airplane out there and it is the only aircraft I can fly after flying the NGX.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

The MD-11 is great, but I only fly it from the 2D. Albeit I'm a huge VC guy and have put many hours in the NGX with its extraordinary virtual cockpit, I still think the MD-11's 2D panels were very easy to move around in. PMDG did a great job with the panel's functionality and they are visually one of the best out there. So if they are to remake the aircraft, I would only suggest improving the VC and exterior model to their current standards. Other than that, the plane has and still is flying perfectly.

Erik L.

I think that the md11is great but we haveso much planes that PMDG can make for the first time that seems not a big deal

Well I'm a huge MD-11 fan so in my opinion the MD doesn't need any "revisiting". Perhaps the VC textures could be remade nothing else, but that's just more eyecandy. The MD doesn't need more eyecandy, the systems work like a dream and it's a great plane to fly,

Interesting to see the range of opinions. The good and the bad....RSR mentioned that PMDG does what it thinks we want according to this forum and the feedback we give which is AMAZING. In my own business and the research I do regarding this topic I can tell you this is a crucial part of running and maintaining a successful operation and keeping relevant in your industry. KUDOS to PMDG as it is displaying lots of traits that highly successful firms need to have to survive. The survey shows that there isn't really a desire for this "upgrade" to the MD-11. This is sad but business realities are what they are and development time = $$$$. It seems that for those of us that feel that "eye-candy" is necessary for immersion, working our imaginations a bit harder is necessary. No worries here. I will do like Johnny Cash did and "Walk the Line" for this old gal. Just did a KJFK - KLAX cargo flight and just WOW! I have no idea what it is but this aircraft is just awesome.

As I was about to ask regarding PMDG MD-11 V2.0 .. Why not ??? I think PMDG should definitely consider for MD-11 V2.0... Just needs NGX Type VC..& am so wondering how come there are "No" polls! C'mmon people this bird is legend..! I understand that they should do with a 777 and 747 first but please this should also be remadeMD-11 - Greatest & Most advanced Trijet ever!!

1y329d.jpg

I like the MD11 very much. Of course it doesn't looks as fancy as the NGX, however it is still very beautiful in it's own way. However I would absolutly pay for a little update, maybe including the HUD (which is one of the best features of the NGX), and maybe some bugfixes. It would be more than 20 to 30 $ worth for me.I would also really like to see smooth moving AP controlls, like the 737 has. And maybe a SKD for FS2Crew, and I will upgrade to Ultimate, to run that stuff in the voice controll, if there would be one.