Sign in to follow this  
kaydub

Mr. Stolle, I just want to make sure you know that...

Mongo. Concur 100%

Don't give up, Bernt, please. You're the best there is, the airplanes wouldn't be airplanes without you.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cheers,

Fritz

Bernt, I am still eternally grateful for your C208 FDE. I don't have your other works but I would also like to see more of that on the horizon.

Bernt,

just like to add my thanks for all work. you have done alot for the flight sim community and Carenado for that matter.

dont let the opinion of a few bother you.

Bernt's involvement made me buy later Carenado planes. Thanks for that and keep on doing the nice FDEs!

Let's remember also all the things Bernt worked on getting fixed in addition to the excellent FDE for the C90B.

Please stay with us, Bernt.

Russ

It is true and it has to be said. Bernt has made many of the eye candy rich Carenado releases into viable flyers. Without his input I would never have even looked at the Malibu or the C90. His tweaking of the C208 suddenly made the aircraft usable for me in FSX. Up until his changes to the FDE, it was on the list of "to be removed from disk".

However you decide to go ahead, Bernt, let me say that I for one would miss your input here, both on a professional and personal level. If you do decide to hang up your coat, it will be a sorry day for many who enjoy the GA aspect of FSX...

Andrew

Guest BeaverDriver

I truly hope that if Fernando (Carenado) reads nothing else on this forum, he reads this thread. He needs to see this, and learn from it. It might be good too if while he's here, to read the anger in many peoples' words regarding the constantly buggy releases he's putting out. The frustration that is coming out (very unfortunately) towards Bernt/beta testers really should be directed at Carenado. Maybe he's (Carenado) not producing PMDG work (and I don't think we are expecting him to), but the basics have to be there and working. There is a very strong trend here that when the aircraft is first released, we complain to the moon (justifiably) about how much isn't finished, and then we get a service pack a few days later that fixes most issues (but far from all). This happens on every single release. The only thing we've not had to complain about since Bernt came on board are the dynamics (and to be clear, Bernt is a developer, not a beta tester). Makes me wonder that for everything beyond the FDE's, we are indeed the only beta testers. If that's true, then isn't the flow of money going in the wrong direction?

I hope Bernt does stay on. He's a class act, a class person, and knows FDE's for FSX like nobody's business. We've lost a few great ones in this hobby due to boorish behaviour by a few (and just as often, misdirected) over the years , and in every case they have never been replaced. We can ill afford to lose another one. If we have a complaint, then there is a way of getting things corrected without attacking people (which usually gets better results - the old saying, "You can attract more flies with honey..." applies), as "Mongo44" so eloquently eluded to. And, we need to complain to the right people through "official" channels (as well as unofficial, such as here of course), or the issues may never get addressed. Just a thought.

I hope he stays too. Carenado are better with him.

He is not quitting entirely though is he? Isn't he working on the other newly announced king air? Maybe we can still enjoy his great work!

Lee

I would seriously pay a few extra dollars per product directly to Mr. Stolle for his time and effort.

I would seriously pay a few extra dollars per product directly to Mr. Stolle for his time and effort.

You bet and so would I...!!!!! +10 on this vote.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Bernt,

Don't quit. We love your work. We appreciate your creativity and exceptional development skills.

Sincerely,

Mike

Best regards,

Mike

Brent,

I understand your frustrations after reading some of these comments....it's easy for people to be critical but difficult to show praise. In the past I have been hesitant to purchase Carenado aircraft due to the numerous bugs. However, my concerns are greatly alleviated knowing that you have worked on the FDE and are very active in the refinement of the after market upgrades. I hope that you reconsider leaving this community; it would be a tremendous loss for all. We have lost a lot of good folks that improved many aircraft due to the negativity expressed on the projects......I hope you are not next in line. I have had the honor and privilege of using your enhancements and FDE's (along with email support pertaining to several other aircraft improvements) and I hope to do so with future releases. It's human nature to be critical and if done in a mature and constructive way, improvement can come. We all need to take a step back and a deep breath before throwing stones. We should consider ourselves lucky to have Bernt around......consider the opposite scenario. As a matter of fact, I purchesed the C90 knowing you were involved and I would not be disappointed......I can say unequivocally that I am not.

Thanks again Bernt for your continued support!

Gmac

Flight sim enthusiasts are exactly that, "enthusiastic" and sometimes they allow that enthusiasm to get a little out of hand. The result, is that they frequently become a little too assertive if they rightly or wrongly perceive something not quite right with their add-on's.

I think Bernt should rejoice in the fact that for every unnecessarily critical user, there's a plethora of flight simmers thoroughly grateful for his efforts.

I wish I had as many fans. :wink:

The last thing we need is talented individuals like Bernt becoming disillusioned.

Criticism should be put into the proper perspective, and not perceived as the consensus of opinion.