Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Carenado, what's my problem?

I find that the Carenado 337, V35, and the 185F are just as wonderful as my Realair airplanes.

I find that immersion occurs when I get lost and don't realize that I'm on a sim. Great sound effects and how the airplane reacts to the control inputs is what creates this immersion for me.

Thanks to Accu-Feel I have great sound. Thanks to some improved flight dynamics, I have the best of both when flying the Carenado planes..

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I liken my Carenado C90 to a supermodel. She's gorgeous to look at but not much fun in bed.

Hee hee, a great analogy...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The Carenados are not really high perfromance aircraft. Maybe that's it! I love the Seneca and the C 90B. The Malibu is quite a dissapointment though and I probably won't fly it much...can't seem to get a good angle out the VC.

Well, it also depends on what kind of airplane you like to fly....

Amen!

The Malibu is quite a dissapointment though and I probably won't fly it much...can't seem to get a good angle out the VC.

And here's a perfect example. The Malibu has slowly become my second favorite Carenado. It took some help from the community, as CoolP notes in his posting, but it ended up being a favorite once issues were sorted out. None of which means I'm right and Phillip is wrong. Part of this will always be individual and subjective.

It's also good that many are talking about specifics of the various Carenado models, as I see significant variation as what the company is doing has evolved. While some generalizations are certainly valid (eg Carenado's documentation is, um... sparse) others apply to some planes more than others.

Scott

I was really turned off when I bought one of their planes, and the documentation was completely unacceptable. I felt like they were "mailing it in". Haven't bought another product from them since.

In a rush to get the next aircraft out (and bringing in money ?), Carenado never seem to "finish" a Plane, or test it enough to find and fix some of the most obvious bugs.

When the plane is released, and those that have purchased the plane, report back issues in the Carenado forum, they seem to be totally ignored.

Then when the next Plane rolls off the Cookie-Cutter floor, it has the same bugs in it as the previous plane.

Certainly there is the QUANTITY, but unfortunately not the QUALITY, that we have come to expect, and do get, from other developers.

I 100% agree with the OP.

The Carenados are not really high perfromance aircraft.

This is true but again, and this is probably wrong, but I am comparing it to the freeware P180 that is also not high performance and yet, despite its weaknesses like the low res textures in the VC, is still a nicer plane to fly. Just have to watch the ITT's B)

+1 on Mario Noriega's freeware P-180!!!

But I just bought the Citabria, Decathlon and Scout 2007 - Upgrade, from RealAir. I owned the fs2004 version. Going aerobatic tonight :-)

I never bought any Carenados, so, I can't really comment...

Love RA & A2A having most of the both developers FSX products. But the Scout package is terrific for low and slow valley twisting and mountain hopping and it has a nice AP to free me up for rubbernecking. I'm also looking forward to getting both RA and A2A 172's at release and hope at least one will have a glass cockpit variant available.

Frank L.T

BTW, it has just occurred to me, that when I really started getting 'into' FSX I thought Carenado was the dog's doodahs and could not understand guys with any kind of criticism towards them. Of course as we all know, as our experience increases so does our understanding and, of course in particular, our expectations.

Very good statement Howard. Thats why we get so many different opinions on products etc. in this hobby. Some are on their first date and easily thrilled , then there are those of us on their 4rth Marriage!

I know exactly what the OP means. I usually buy a Carenado when I am interested in that certain GA and when there is no real alternative. Even though I learned to be very skeptical because in the end I don't fly most of my Carenados. It is a bit hard to say what the problem is. Probably a combination of many little things.

I often find reasons to still buy one from time to time:

I bought the C 208 because it is the perfect bush flyer work horse for airhauler.

The Baron 58 because it is the perfect twin in my eyes.

The Jetprop because I like the Flight1 PC 12 and was waiting for a very long time that someone would do an up-to-date single turbine, preferably with glass, and the Jetprop was the closest thing after a long time of waiting.

When I have flown them then for the first time I thought something like: not bad. But also there isn't that enthusiasm and that what I call the "just-me-an-my-plane" moment that brings that certain little smile on my face that I have with some other planes/developers.

The RA Dukes + Legacy, PMDG or the Katana 4 x give me that.

After some flights I think something like: You were skeptical. You still bought it. You should fly it. You really should....

After a while I usually take it like a man and accept that I have a new hangar corpse.

I like the new Cessna 182T though. I like the 182 in real life, so that one will be a keeper I think.

For the record: The perfect FSX GA for me would be the RA Legacy with all the features of the Katana 4X. All that realism with breakable parts, maintenance, walk around checks, detailed engine and system simulation... I really miss that on other GA's. Unfortunately the Katana is a bit slow and, well....UGLY (a beautiful simulation of a butt ugly plane so to speak, personal opinion of course), while the Legacy is a fast sexy beast.

I liken my Carenado C90 to a supermodel. She's gorgeous to look at but not much fun in bed

:LMAO:

The only good T182 with G1000 is made by Flight 1

Now updated to version 1.4 with latest WAAS database!

The only good T182 with G1000 is made by Flight 1

Now updated to version 1.4 with latest WAAS database!

And a new lower price of $39.95 fixed.

Competition is a wonderful thing for the consumer.

Jim

And a new lower price of 39.95 fixed.

Competition is a wonderful thing for the consumer.

Jim

Wow.....good move. It really is a great addon. One of my favs!

Yeah im now going to pick the F1 182 up tomorrow, I was going to anyway but now I have an even better excuse!

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk