Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Flight 1 Citation Mustang

I'm thinking of adding the Flight 1 Citation Mustang to my hangar to compliment my Citation X (Eaglesoft) and would like to hear from others who have it:

1. Did you run into any problems using the product?

2. Is the G1000 really as feature-rich as the product description suggests?

2a. Does it have full VNAV capability?

3. How does it "handle"? Does it "feel" heavy or light?

Good choice in my eyes.

1. She eats a bit more of the fps than others. Well, the glass comes at a cost, so don't expect a light impact.

2. and 2a. No VNAV. The fields are there, but empty. Also, no airway entries, you have to add the waypoints one by one or import a FSX plan. That's the main downside for me on the G1000 detail, the rest is very nice and also receives updates and fixes. More detail on the G1000 may only come with dedicated gauges like the Mindstar or the G1000 Student thingy from F1.

3. Very easy handling. It can land very slow, has enough power to get out of small fields and hand flying is much fun. I'm no rw driver, but I'm happy with the handling, it's fun and very forgiving. The rw reports draw a similar picture.

Adding one point. If you don't run FSUIPC and the battery tweak, you may run into an empty battery very quickly. That's a FSX bug (I think) which gets very obvious on the Mustang.

One can prevent the impact though. Some parameter in the aircraft.cfg or the fine FSUIPC stuff will help.

1. Looking at your PC spec's, your rig is border line for this one.

1. You must also be very diligent to install the aircraft exactly as instructed. There are many who have had install problems, which relate directly back to not following the info available in the manuals and FAQ.

2a. As previously stated, there is no VNAV functionality in the G1000. When flying the Mustang, I use a little app called DesPlan (descent planner) to plan my descents. Find it here:

http://aerotexas.com/desplan/index.html

3. See CoolP above.

I have almost 500 hours in the Mustang and have enjoyed it from day one.

1. Looking at your PC spec's, your rig is border line for this one.

You weren't kidding. I thought "well, if it can handle the PMDG MD-11/NGX, how hard could it be"

After 4 hours of tweaking, I uninstalled it and requested a refund. Gotta love Flight1 B)

You might want to take a look at the Eaglesoft CJ

I did. Tried for a week to either get it started or keep it started, no joy. Looks like I'm sticking with the CX 2.0.

You weren't kidding. I thought "well, if it can handle the PMDG MD-11/NGX, how hard could it be"

After 4 hours of tweaking, I uninstalled it and requested a refund. Gotta love Flight1 B)

I did. Tried for a week to either get it started or keep it started, no joy. Looks like I'm sticking with the CX 2.0.

Too bad, sorry to see you left the Mustang. There is a link to turn off the co-pilot PFD which will improve framerate. I found the Mustang VC much more enjoyable than the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0. True the lack of VNAV is one item that wish they would implement, but hand fly the climb and descent is fun.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Chris,

I can't really answer the first three questions, because I don't really use any of the complicated systems in any plane that I fly. However, I can confirm that the Mustang is superb to hand fly. Very stable, totally controllable, and it can operate from a huge number of smaller airfields. I can get it in and out of airfields with less than 700 metres of available "hard deck" without any problems.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I found the Mustang VC much more enjoyable than the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0.

I agree.

Chris,

I can't really answer the first three questions, because I don't really use any of the complicated systems in any plane that I fly. However, I can confirm that the Mustang is superb to hand fly. Very stable, totally controllable, and it can operate from a huge number of smaller airfields. I can get it in and out of airfields with less than 700 metres of available "hard deck" without any problems.

It was a lot of fun to hand fly but the frame rates in the VC pretty much made flying it not viable. One of these days I'll build a proper FSX rig and I'll definitely add it to the hangar.

Chris,

I found a very nice alternative 4u:

http://www.pcaviator...&cat=718&page=1

It's a beauty and priced right! GO GET IT!

Thanks for the suggestion! I've just gone and "got it" myself... :Party:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I bought the Phenom when it was first released, and havent flown it since for one reason, the fonts are so small that it's impossible for me to read them on the PFD annun.

It's a bit tricky for starting, it's a fuel cutoff issue. I got tired of messing with it so I just start with the engines running :-)

Jay

Chris,

I found a very nice alternative 4u:

http://www.pcaviator...&cat=718&page=1

It's a beauty and priced right! GO GET IT!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a look.

I bought the Phenom when it was first released, and havent flown it since for one reason, the fonts are so small that it's impossible for me to read them on the PFD annun.

It's a bit tricky for starting, it's a fuel cutoff issue. I got tired of messing with it so I just start with the engines running :-)

Half the fun of simming, at least for me, is starting from cold and dark and pushing buttons. The CX 2.0 and the PMDG twins are fun like that B)

Hello guys.

Quick question here. Is there any small business jet that fully implements the FMS and the G1000

I already have the Citation X V2.

Thanks in advance

No. The most complete system is found in the Mustang.

Other than that I use PMDG's 737 NG for a BBJ.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |