Sign in to follow this  
joherszch

Captain Sim - "24 hrs only. Everything is 9.99!"

That is to bad about the 727. I had it long ago in fs2004 and it was nice (back then I did not know a VOR from a DME ) but loved the engineer area.

So maybe I will look it over again (according to EdwardSm) maybe I can figure it out.

So the 707 is old school that sounds right up my alley these days. I like keeping up with all of that hands on nav stuff - I might grab it.

• Also long ago I bought the c130 I liked it but it has been a long time ago (back then one of my good buddies flew Fat Albert),
  • Weather radar (good for the J41)
  • B-52 (flew it once) - Not a fan
  • I bought the Space Shuttle - now that was a waste of money.

One thing I do like about CS is on those long flights you can look around all of the different areas of the plane. I have not found anyone else who designs so many areas into their product.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I have very mixed feelings about these products, even though I regularly fly their 727 and 737 and enjoy them both. As a company they seem to never quite finish any of their products before moving on to another.

In my opinion the 727 and 737 are worth the sale price. But only if you are willing to accept some annoying broken parts out of the box and are willing to cruise their forums and pick up the various tweaks and fixes that the most loyal users have developed and posted (some of which have been by me.) Once that's done the airplanes are pretty nice and solid though still imperfect.

If you're going to comment that it's a shame that payware products have to be patched up by their users to be even fairly close to finished, I'm already agreeing with you. It's hard to understand how after the tremendous amount of work that goes into creating these actually quite nice simulations of classic jets they couldn't get the last one half of one percent done before moving on to the next project, but it seems to be a consistent personality quirk of this company.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

This will be a good time to pick up the 737 classic I guess. But I wonder, is it worth it?

I've also been thinking about getting this one. I've read about comparisons with the JustFlight/BBS 737-200 that in some ways it has better systems and more complete documentation particularly the PDCS.

Just had a quick look at the site and seems they don't have the 737 on sale. They still have it listed for 39.99.

Clearly not everything is 9.99. The later releases are still at full price.

Doesn't start until Dec. 14, 00 UTC.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

In my opinion the 727 and 737 are worth the sale price. But only if you are willing to accept some annoying broken parts out of the box and are willing to cruise their forums and pick up the various tweaks and fixes that the most loyal users have developed and posted (some of which have been by me.) Once that's done the airplanes are pretty nice and solid though still imperfect.

Yes, you have provided incredible help and even taken the time to answer a few of my questions over there. Let me take this opportunity to thank you yet again. In what ways do you feel the 737 is lacking? I have not skimmed the CS forums in months so I am guilty of not researching my own question first. Please forgive me.

Doesn't start until Dec. 14, 00 UTC.

Okay, that would answer my question. Thank you! :smile:

Edward Smoker Sr.

Whats the word on the 707? Any good or also suffering?

I'm also wondering about the 707 for FS2004 in case anybody has any experience with it. ?

I seriously doubt the 777 will be part of the sale.

- Aaron

Will someone rate their top 3 aircraft 1 being the best please. Thanks.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

May as well get the 777 until PMDG releases their's. At least that way I can start preparing for the T7

Yeah, I might do the same.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Whats the word on the 707? Any good or also suffering?

The 707 (Fsx) is good.

Has a few bug's also but nevertheless good.

Like it.

Guy