Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Airbus X Extended Released

The throttle is a mess.. Need an easier way to confiog the hw to the aircraft. I have to resort to F1-F4

I had that problem, I believe there is an FAQ with hints to solve it, my Saitek quadrant works a treat now.

Image removed. Exceeds 1600W limit.

Edited by firehawk44

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The throttle is a mess.. Need an easier way to confiog the hw to the aircraft. I have to resort to F1-F4

Its still messed up? Thats very disappointing! I had the same issue with the original Airbus X. Apart from that, would you recommend it?

Yeah, I wonder how to make hardware throttle working with this one? Won't probably study this aircraft properly until 2013 though, in a bit more than a week I will go for 2 week holiday in Thailand anyway.

Using CH product throttle.

I don't know you guys, but using a throttle with an airbus it feels weird. The airbus throttle has detents. No throttle out there simulates that. I prefer the keyboard for an airbus. I know, isn't more real but.. well i have weird tastes too. :huh:

My Saitek throttle now has the détents working for the A320, no programming needed, the MD11 is the same, it has a toga détent in the throttle.

Its still messed up? Thats very disappointing! I had the same issue with the original Airbus X. Apart from that, would you recommend it?

The issue is the Airbus concept for their throttle I believe. In the real Airbus, the throttle position does not given your power indication like the Boeing..so there is an inherent logic issue I believe. Lets see.

Other than that..its a lot better the earlier version...in the initial impression. The Fly By Wire seems reasonable. I had to remove it in the earlier version. I can switch aircrafts.... etc... so for so good. Yeah... I'd get it.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Before the forums at Aerosoft went down there is a fix in a .ini file. If someone could cross post it that would be great.

I have just bought it from Simmarket, total time from starting to sign up for a new account until download was complete was about 4 minutes!

If you are using fsuipc with your throttles I suggest using the LUA script for it, makes setting up the throttle a breeze

FPS? Can anyone compare the perfomance with Airbus X?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well the Aerosoft servers have currently ground to a screeching halt, so my new Bus is going nowhere soon... :mellow: :rolleyes:

I would post a mini review type thing, but seeing as I'm working for FSL on their A320, I'd probably be a little bit too bias to feel comfortable pointing out the flaws of the AXE... :unsure:

Hey Ronan, surprised you started this post working for FSL. :)

Is the FSL bus still a ways off? Do we have a time frame? Or is this AXE a happy medium until FSL release. If its relatively close I might wait.

Never flown airbus, as Im flying Boeing and my trusty MD11. So would have work cut out for me. But want a realistic one at that.

Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It works like a charm. Take your time to configure it properly, i've made two flights and it's an instant winner/wilco/BBS killer.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11