Sign in to follow this  

Wow, I bought X-Plane 10 Global tonight, after dinking around with it for a very short time, I was STUNNED to see how smoothly it ran "right out of the box" in 64-bits! It comes in both 32 & 64 bit versions, but if you have a newer PC, you will undoubtedly want to play in the 64-bit 'beta' world (release 10.20). I was floored when I saw how good the overall experience was with ZERO add-ons. It is far superior to FSX au-natural - the vehicles and roads and overall scenery in X-Plane 10 demo area of Seattle, USA are simply incredible. The Space Needle at Seattle in XPX is very detailed and well-rendered, the rain and lightning effects are great, and you don't have to buy all manner of weather programs, upgraded textures and AI traffic - it's all 'built-in'. The flight dynamics of the default airplanes are pretty nice too, and I haven't even got my hardware configured perfectly yet.

If you're 'fed up' with Out-of-Memory errors, stutters, shimmering and the other painful elements along with endless tweaking of your system settings, I -strongly- recommend taking a spin in X-Plane 10 64-bits. It's like a breath of fresh air. Yes, there will be some setup/configuration to do, but once that's done, you're golden. It has DIRECT X 11 support built in!

For about the price of ONE FSX add-on, you can finally dump the troubles and start enjoying great looking simulation with great flight dynamics and no more of those OOMS and CTDS! If PMDG would release the NGX for X-Plane, I would be totally thrilled. Then, if I could talk VRinsight into writing X-Plane 10 driver interface, I'd probably pass out!

The freeway traffic is drop-dead gorgeous, the rendition of the roadways and vehicles blows FSX off the map. A TON of road traffic, far in excess of anything I've ever seen in FSX - and performance to die for. The key is 64-bits, uses all of your ram, if you have 16 GB or more and 64-bit Operating System (Vista or Windows 7) along with a multi-core CPU and decent GPU, you will be well rewarded if you try out the demo.

Check it out.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Well if you're in California and wrote this right now, you must be impressed :lol:

I've got XP10, but never tried it in 64-bits yet. Seems like I have to now, I'd like that smooth simming you're describing. Oh and X-Aviation just released the Jetstream too, this might be great.

Nice, so what do I need to do if I want to run this with multiple screens? ie. 3 monitors for the wind screen and 2 for the instruments. This is how I run right now with FS2004, 2 video cards, 1 with eyefinity for the 3 monitors and a smaller card for the other 2.

Thanks

Hi your enthusiam is contagious and i've been using xplane since the initial ver 9 release :)

I'm struggling along with my old computer and with some sacrifices I have a nice experience with Xplane10. Posts like your make me feel like going into debt to get myself a decent rig (one day, sigh).

One point tho. Are you sure about the DX11? I think it is OpenGL only.

Regards Pete

DIRECT X 11

XPX is on a OpenGL platform.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yes, it is OpenGL but I agree with everything else what Robert wrote about XP10 in 64bit. We have just wait until it is final and the developers update their add ons for 64bit. BTW, the awesome CRJ200 by JRollon is 64bit compatible already. I had no single OOM or CTD on XP10.20beta.

I have both XP10 and FSX and I have simply enough of the config nightmare and CTDs of FSX. I want to fly, not to config my sim half of the time. There are already mmany great add ons for XP10 like mentioned CRJ200, B777, A320, Jetstream 32, B727 and Carenados. If PMDG will finally decide to bring NGX I'll be in heaven...

I agree, I love xp10 so far and it's only in beta. Can you imagine when it's all completed and 3PDS start cooking up addons for us :yahoo: I own many sims but DCS and XP10 are the only sims on my pc that take advantage of all my hardware with no stutters or crashes :good: And those awesome payware planes in my signature are simply amazing compared to some fsx addons. Last year people complained about cities being empty and now xp10 has fully populated cities with hundreds or even thousands(depending on your settings) of buildings and all major roads with traffic and road signs, My city and many others look stunning in xp10. I also bought payware scenery airports that are simply beautiful and work with no fps hit on my pc.

I agree, I love xp10 so far and it's only in beta. Can you imagine when it's all completed and 3PDS start cooking up addons for us :yahoo: I own many sims but DCS and XP10 are the only sims on my pc that take advantage of all my hardware with no stutters or crashes :good: And those awesome payware planes in my signature are simply amazing compared to some fsx addons.

+1

Yes, it is OpenGL but I agree with everything else what Robert wrote about XP10 in 64bit. We have just wait until it is final and the developers update their add ons for 64bit. BTW, the awesome CRJ200 by JRollon is 64bit compatible already. I had no single OOM or CTD on XP10.20beta.

I have both XP10 and FSX and I have simply enough of the config nightmare and CTDs of FSX. I want to fly, not to config my sim half of the time. There are already mmany great add ons for XP10 like mentioned CRJ200, B777, A320, Jetstream 32, B727 and Carenados. If PMDG will finally decide to bring NGX I'll be in heaven...

we are getting a B737 soon from IXEG

64-bit XP is indeed a wonderful thing, hopefully the plugins will be updated quickly (In particular XACARS which I use for my VA flights).

However as I found to my cost during my last flight, high anti-aliasing settings in heavy cloud cover can bring even my turbo-nutter GTX680 to it's knees. That needs sorting.

Also even mild RW turbulence gets just silly (gauges going bananas, plane bouncing around as if on a string etc). That definitely needs sorting.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest. ^_^

Been flying the NGX in FSX this last week so when I go back to XP10 I will miss good ATC like ProATC/X for FSX/P3D.

And of course decent AI.

And seasonal ground textures.

And knobs you can rotate with your mouse wheel.

I'll get my coat... :rolleyes:

I'll get my coat... :rolleyes:

Hey, don't worry about it, you can express yourself anyway you like. Don't worry about the "fan boys/girls", ^_^ don't much care what they think anyways.

I just re-installed FSX because I had to see what it was like with DX10, and my new GTX670. It actually runs just fine, everything full right and locked at 30fps. It can get lower in heavy weather and cities, but not too bad.

Do I miss it, not really, other than the things you have pointed out. Seasonal textures is a huge "miss" for me in XPX. I loose all interest in flying XPX when my part of the world is solid green, yet it has been solid white in reality for almost 2 months.

Does FSX look as good as XPX, not really even close, but there are a few things that FSX has and XPX desperately needs (now, should have had at release), we all know what they are.

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

X-Plane "looks" nice - but how do I justify throwing away at least a thousand dollars worth of FSX addons ? Just cant.

You don't have to throw them away-use both!

X-Plane "looks" nice - but how do I justify throwing away at least a thousand dollars worth of FSX addons ? Just cant.

I know, at least that much if not more. It's a shame really. XPX is so close to being "perfect", it really just needs some crucial things that always get talked about. The flight model to be honest, is probably not the highest priority for the "majority" of simmers. They want something that adequately models real flight, having never flown for real, they really don't know any better. The "eye candy" is what is going to bring the "majority" of people on board, and it looks real nice, but could be substantially better.

Glen

You don't have to throw them away-use both!

Geof, I hear what your saying, and we hear it time and time again. But isn't it about time, with todays technology, someone raises the bar to a level where you don't need to use multiple simulators to get what you want. These programs have been around for over 30 years, you think someone could offer something that has "everything". If that means the cost might be $500, so be it, I'd pay in a heart beat instead of using multiple programs. We know it can be done, because between XPX, FSX, and the others, you could make the "perfect" sim. It can be done......

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I like XP10, but something is still missing. And is not about money invested in fsx addons. I want to see how good will be IXEG and plane that PMDG is working on. It seems to be something wrong in XP flight model maybe, i don't know if that is XP or developers issue - but for example, the new 727 for XP seems to be seriously "underpowered". I want to see addons for XP which you can fly by numbers! That is the one of the two major issues with X Plane for me. The second one is exagerated weather effects on heavy airliners. There is a weather situations when you can't land or even taxi becouse of strong wind - which is not realy so strong for one airliner.

This is a XP problem, i can't fly airliner from A to B folowing realistic procedures.

If that can be solved and we get some good addons, i am in!