Sign in to follow this  
doorstep

A new (NGX) version of the wonderful MD-11

How about it PMDG?

You know it's the second most popular aircraft in FSX.

I would pay whatever the cost.

Well, i think it does not have to be a new version but instead, a graphic update (so you have this nice dirty look/feel from the NGX)

Not gonna happen. PMDG has already stated their position on this subject. They say there's not enough market interest to justify the endeavor.

Matheus Mafra

Not gonna happen. PMDG has already stated their position on this subject. They say there's not enough market interest to justify the endeavor.

We'll see eh?  If this thread gets enough support without negativity they may just consider it. :rolleyes:

I think it'd be better if they just made an update to the current MD11, and being it up to the NGX technology. Personally, I think setting a panel state as default would be incredibly useful.

I wouldn.t mind an update - some nice shiny new engines, some air stewardesses.

but realistically, I would like this sort of stuff to line up, where the engine meets its mounts or even if it gets neatened:

Bringing the VC up to NGX would fo course be cool... though seeing as they have the 777, the 747-400 Version 2, the DC6, and possibly one or two other projects that we currently know absolutely nothing of, I don't see this happening...

A

Could anyone recommend software, or a tutorial area so that users could personally modify the VC? Maybe try to bring the resolution up themselves? I have never done even a repaint, but for the MD-11, I would try my hand at it, as this is besides my JS4100 my most used aircraft in the hangar.

We'll see eh?  If this thread gets enough support without negativity they may just consider it.

Numbers don't lie.  They didn't see good numbers on the initial release.  They probably won't see any better on a subsequent release (worth taking time from developing other projects).

All you need to do is watch the video from the Munich conference.  Robert essentially said they "learned their lesson" with the aircraft, as they were making aircraft they wanted, and not necessarily what the market wanted.

Kyle Rodgers

Even though there won't be an updated version, and the sales were far worse than expected, I'm so glad they made it!

Hi all,

Yep I agree, it is the one that gets the most mileage in my hanger! 

However if anyone watched the video's of Robert's presentation in Germany last year he quite clearly said there would be no future work done on the MD11 as sales never came up to expectation, just like sales of the real thing never came up to expectation!!

Personally I think everyone is missing out on a quite remarkable aircraft.

Happy flying

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Sadly, it was reiterated during the Flight for Tony interview. On the plus side... It's still one of the best planes out there (arguably the best widebody until the T7 is released), and not re-doing that will mean a brand new toy following the 77, 74 and DC-6. Woodpidgeon maybe?

To this point, no one in this thread is a PMDG employee. I'd use "doubtful" over never as companies change their decisions all the time and im guessing no one in this thread is privy to sales numbers or business forecasts.

If it were me ( and its not) I'd think about a sale on the MD11. The aircraft gets a ton of good word of mouth so maybe lowering the price might move more of the addon. Get those folks off the fence who balk at the price. If the experience is positive, maybe those new consumers might be more willing to buy other addons from the company. I don't work for PMDG either so it's probably a moot point.

Personally I love the MD11 and have been on the real version many times. Great addon and I'm glad they made it.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma