Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tabs

RSR keynote at Avsim FANCON *NOW* !

Very interesting that you guys have a future platform in mind and are very excited about it..

It puts a lot of relief in our minds that you guys are excited about the future, and we will wait patiently for the news.

Alex

Is it live yet? I joined as soon as you announced the stream on Facebook but I'm still seeing the offline screen. I tried different browsers and kept refreshing the page over and over but still nothing.

Is it online yet? I'm still seeing the offline screen and I've refreshed the browser several times.

Been getting the same issue...

its live right nnow

Very, very interesting comments though, brought some memories from growing up with FS

No problems here. I've been tuned in from before dinner.

Robert: "For the 777, we're weeks away and that's all I'll say"

:yahoo:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Future platform as in Xplane? I was in the loo at that time

There are 52 weeks in a year..

At one point during, the XPlane part I think, he said if he had a problem with multi displays in a 787 he could call Austin and another person there who I forgot, and get results directly from them. Basically it was an example of how responsive Xplane's devs are. Not sure if the 787 thing has any basis in reality.

Weeks away doesn't mean it cant be months away though. Because a month is made up of 4 weeks. ;P

Weeks away doesn't mean it cant be months away though. Because a month is made up of 4 weeks. ;P

Yes but pregnant women measure their pregnancy in weeks even though it's 9 months.

I thought rsr was going to talk about something new regards the T7 that we've not known before?

hirdy

I thought rsr was going to talk about something new regards the T7 that we've not known before?

hirdy

He did.. Its release is only weeks away (-; never intended to be anything indepth.

Was nice to tie a face to a person. Very nice , soft spoken and knowledgeable person. He's human.

If you thought he was going to give a release date, you thought wrong. I didnt expect it, but thats not to say im not disappointed   Interesting PMDG history nonetheless.  And clarifying what he meant that Microsoft ditching us all is the best thing yet. Now I understand. 

I still cant figure out if hes endorsing xplanes future use or he was talking about this other great mystery platform on the horizon. Very mirky still. Oh well. 

Patients is the order of the day. It does seem that there is a lot of pent up expectation in the FS community. I don't think those expectations are going to be realized!!!! The best and only hope for forward momentum is the hardware on the horizon (Haswell etc)and only for those who are upgrading from 3 or 4 year old hardware this year and only for those who can afford it. We will see a massive leap forward no thanks to any software development.

I always wish PMDG could give a status update on their projects once a year in a format similar to the live presentation and Q&A session during last year's Aerosoft conference. I can sense they're trying to release an addon once a year because of their DC-6 and 747v2 projects. (I believe it's for financial reasons, IMO it looks good in PMDG's financial statements to have new products and fresh revenue coming in every year)

I'll believe it when I see it.  I think the NGX was "weeks" away for almsot a year. 

Eric Szczesniak

I'll believe it when I see it.  I think the NGX was "weeks" away for almsot a year. 

Eric Szczesniak

Cool, but this isn't the NGX ;-P

Perhaps the server issues really screwed things up. We may have had it by now or very very close to it, but alot of time and resources went into getting that resolved. 

Cool, but this isn't the NGX ;-P

But it's still PMDG.

I gave up on being optimistic regarding release dates a while ago, thanks to PMDG and PFPX.

I gave up on being optimistic regarding release dates a while ago, thanks to PMDG and PFPX.

Haha, fair enough mate.