Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

RSR keynote at Avsim FANCON *NOW* !

Seriously - that was 100% a joke guys. Can't believe people think he was serious about it.

Here's exactly what happened:

He texted me earlier in the day yesterday telling me he was going to state a release date. He was trying to get a rise out of me because he knows what a headache that'd cause me on the forum and at support if he actually did that. I obviously knew this (we do this sort of gag frequently) and I replied back to him with the exact language we use at support when people write in demanding release dates. (I do this with him too when he has a computer issue - "Sir, please submit a ticket, we don't do support over text." - completely an inside joke between us. That's all that went on here - there was no plan for him to reveal a release date that he went back on as the keynote progressed. Perhaps some of you who thought he was doing this aren't native English speakers and didn't catch the joke inflection in what he said?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey Robert,

Since the rest of the video isn't up yet, can tell us... did you really 'YAW' Tom around in the back of the Saab?  We need to hear your side of the story....  :lol:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Gents-

There was a bunch of drama about the fact that I did not provide a release date.

I know that facts always ruin a good self-indulgent temper tantrum- but it is worth noting that I never indicated we intended to do so.

Luke-

We have a speaking technique that is used- it is called "humor."

Another technique that is often found in concert with the above is called "sarcasm."

It is unfortunate you were unable to discern that my joke in the beginning was directed specifically at Ryan, who was watching the live stream from home- and texting me a reminder of our corporate policy on release dates.

Hey man no need to get all shirty!! i was pionting something out,myself, and clearly a few others took as missleading info.

Hey man no need to get all shirty!! i was pionting something out,myself, and clearly a few others took as missleading info.

When you start to treat folks with respect we might unban you from this topic. For now, your privilege to post here is now removed.

Ermm...i'm a bit surprised seeing all those reactions here from different authorities throughout the day !?...and for once I don't really mean the usual forum pre-release clutter about unfulfilled non-existant promises yabbada etc.

It must have been helluva party after dinner last night (ack...i knew i should have gone on that 10 hour flight), because i can't really think of another explanation.

Whatever happened to "Been there, done that and bought the T-shirt...more than once", gentlemen ? (Yup yup...you guys over there, the true gentlemen)

Oh well...i can't really say i'm any better or wiser...i guess it still requires some more years and age to achieve lurking-only-perfection.

Anyway...from what i was able to gather contentwise from different boards: Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

The whole "why it's maybe a good that MS did what they did"-thing is an angle i haven't thought of, makes sense and i'm looking forward to an interesting future.

Well that was a very simple affair... Robert testified that he had never been closer than 15 feet to a Saab, and contended that he also has some made up stories about Tom.

Well that was a very simple affair... Robert testified that he had never been closer than 15 feet to a Saab, and contended that he also has some made up stories about Tom.

Peter-

They are all true...  Unless someone can provide facts to the contrary...  And we have a few guys who can work wonders with photoshop- so we even have photoproof to back up my stori...  facts... i mean...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Luke-  (The OTHER luke...  you guys shouldn't post next to each other when i have a loaded reply.  LOL)

But all the same- I've had a few folks send some very hateful PMs, and we've had to clean a few posts here that were just over-the-top spoiled brat material...

(So I heard you were excited to learn we have a 777 coming, huh?  :lol: )

Haha no worries, I noted the other Luke prior.

That's honestly very sad and disrespectful. What makes it worse is the fact the majority of those people likely spend their spare time flying something you guys created. Not to shy away from the fact they'll also be some of the first to purchase the triple! Just goes to show that a little decency is lost in the world these days.

You know, I've wondered if I've ever told anyone on the forum or the team that I'm a little excited for the 777... :-P

It must get tiring to try and put up with the attitude of some people in this hobby. Its almost like PMDG is designing a new action figure toy for a bunch of 12 yr olds.. "I want it NOW!" I applaud the restraint towards that type of behavior.. Which really makes me grind my teeth. But, I seem to have the same problem providing FBO services to various aircraft owners at work.. I guess there's not much out there without its share of childish adults.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Can someone upload videoclip.

Yep with you on that, if someone have a video to share of the event, will give us something to talk about.

For the Gentlemen at PMDG: "No such thing as bad publicity Eh!" ;-)

I'd also be interested in a video of this. I was in Japan when it was being streamed live so a mixture of incompatible time zones and the fact this was the only week this year I'd see my girlfriend meant I needed to make sure my attentions were elsewhere :)

I'd also be interested in a video of this. I was in Japan when it was being streamed live so a mixture of incompatible time zones and the fact this was the only week this year I'd see my girlfriend meant I needed to make sure my attentions were elsewhere :)

You see guy's, someone with their priorities right! Go ahead and get yourselves girlfriends and you won't every have to worry about the 777 release date ever again. :LMAO:

Sure, but one (or more) of those so-called girlfriends eventually turn into wives, then it becomes a whole nother matter, LOL..  :t0101:  

And then , you're right back here - where you started, LOL...  :p0503:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE