Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

RSR keynote at Avsim FANCON *NOW* !

can we watch it now ?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Is that even possible?

Honestly? Probably!  :P

So someone on fbook said pmdg making a 787???

Robert used that as an example - the 787 has dual HUDs and the method we used to do the NGX's HUD would be nearly impossible to pull off with two of them in FSX but with X Plane we could easily call up Austin and his team and get them to solve whatever issue X Plane had with doing it (if any) - that's all he meant by that. We did *NOT* announce a 787.

I gave up on being optimistic regarding release dates a while ago, thanks to PMDG and PFPX.

Kinda funny though given the banner you're sporting - I seem to recall that particular product taking quite a while too lol...

Seriously guys - we're not even 2 years removed from the NGX release and it's a lot less than that when you factor in how long we spent supporting the NGX with service packs after its release. We've really only been working on the 777 as a primary focus for about a year and a half if even. Not sure why everyone's acting as if this is some vaporware product...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Unfortunately there is just no pleasing some people. I was disappointed in the chat window during the streaming to see how many people were mad about there not being a release date or more news about the 777, and saying watching it was a big waste of time.  Robert even said in the other thread that this wasn't about the 777.  For all the whiners out there if your so mad about waiting for the 777, don't buy it then, otherwise quit whining and be patient.

Robert used that as an example - the 787 has dual HUDs and the method we used to do the NGX's HUD would be nearly impossible to pull off with two of them in FSX but with X Plane we could easily call up Austin and his team and get them to solve whatever issue X Plane had with doing it (if any) - that's all he meant by that. We did *NOT* announce a 787.

Kinda funny though given the banner you're sporting - I seem to recall that particular product taking quite a while too lol...

Seriously guys - we're not even 2 years removed from the NGX release and it's a lot less than that when you factor in how long we spent supporting the NGX with service packs after its release. We've really only been working on the 777 as a primary focus for about a year and a half if even. Not sure why everyone's acting as if this is some vaporware product...

Ryan, we understand the anxiety that all members are facing.The t7 is a bird that we all cannot wait for.How about an insiders update of what RSR meant by weeks ? I guess that would help calm some nerves....  ^_^ ...Cheers !!

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Come on, what were you expecting!    They could go the RealAir way and leave a sentence on the website saying "soon" for a year and then just go silent!  It´s weeks, rather than months, so expect it in less than 2 months! 

-Iain Watson-

Any chance we can get a video of the speech cause the one on Avsim streaming account are of the floor and random people standing around talking?

I knew it was a mistake to live stream this. You guys pretty much confirmed my view. I suspect we won't do that again. Rob let loose some very important clues. Some of you appear to have missed those. We won't do this again.

I knew it was a mistake to live stream this. You guys pretty much confirmed my view. I suspect we won't do that again. Rob let loose some very important clues. Some of you appear to have missed those. We won't do this again.

Sorry Tom, but what view is this? I didn't mean to be offensive with my comment but that's all I saw? Appreciate the thought.

Care to share the clues. Some of us missed it because it was the middle of the night. It would be nice to have some info rather than turn the T7 into the next Sherlock Holmes movie!

-Iain Watson-

Tom Allensworth, on 05 May 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

I would not say it was a mistake Tom.

There were nearly 500 logged into the stream at one point last night and maybe 20 or 30 posting on the chat next to the stream, and maybe 10 of those were complaining.

I would say that the other 490 of us were sitting back enjoying a very interesting speech from Robert on the future of flight simulation and the awards ceremony.

Please don't let the minority spoil it for the majority of us.

kind regards Doogie

But it's still PMDG.

I gave up on being optimistic regarding release dates a while ago, thanks to PMDG and PFPX.

Patience and development is something to keep in mind because they re always going together. 

for PFPX (come to visit on the support forum) it will be a blast when released as the PMDG 777.

all the best. 

Phil

Argh, Tom...  this is my first post in this thread, I just have to say that "you guys" is very generalized and perhaps isn't the right thing to say regarding the majority of us who enjoyed the live streaming of the event and, like myself...  took what they could from it and aren't on the forums blabbing about what this sentence meant or what that sentence meant.

Please, do not let the few mess it up for the rest of us...  definitely live stream it next year, and all years henceforth!

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I understand where you are coming from but I don't think you should let a group of people spoil it for everyone else. Not everyone watched it to see if he mentioned anything about the 777 specifically but just to listen to him speak about Flight Sim in general.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29