Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

RSR keynote at Avsim FANCON *NOW* !

Chase said they would upload to the video gallery. Probably later on today, as I would assume they are quite busy today.

Chase said they would upload to the video gallery. Probably later on today, as I would assume they are quite busy today.

That would be great indeed. I really want to hear what he has to say about the future of flightsimming.

Eric

As someone who grew up starting with Bruce artwicks simulator, I found it intriguing how the hobby of addon devs evolved around that company ... err can't remember the name now which eventually produced FSX. Here we are today. <br />Probably most did not know how much Microsoft was going to be such a dictator. Not surprised when you think about it. <br />Now we can appreciate the 777 that much more and all future projects. <br /><br />Thanks for the effort of the live stream so that we could virtually attend. <br /><br /><br />

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

What about Ryan,wasnt he running the teleprompter :lol:

I think the speculation of it being less than two months is taking his comment of "weeks" too literally. You can't really count on people measuring time that precisely. Technically, the T7 is "minutes" away. How many? Who knows.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Under 120 then!

-Iain Watson-

So fellow fsx pilots, focus on your exams/jobs/finish what you have to finish/clear your desks    before enjoying the 777 during summer vacations.

Fortunately I don't have a desk to clear or exams to worry about, gotta love fixing things for a living although if this summer is as bad as the last one I'll be very, very, very busy again. 

Gents-

There was a bunch of drama about the fact that I did not provide a release date.

I know that facts always ruin a good self-indulgent temper tantrum- but it is worth noting that I never indicated we intended to do so.

In fact- if you look at what I said- I made it clear that this was not to be a presentation about the 777. In the thread where some of us discussed the topic for the evening, once I had decided upon the topic of discussion- I posted that my intent was to discuss the hobby and prospects for the future... I didn't even mention the 777.

So for those folks who made arses of themselves by throwing fits over what wasn't said: It was always planned that way...

Sorry- but that is how it is.

AVsim reached out to me because they felt that my established history in this hobby and in the airline industry would make for interesting diner conversation. (What WERE they thinking?!)

The vast majority of you guys obviously caught on to the fact that I did not wish to insult AVSim by turning their invitation for me to speak into a "lets make this show all about PMDG and our upcoming products."

That would be insulting to AVSim, and insulting to the hundreds of other developers who have made this hobby what it is.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Well said captain Randazzo.

Chris Howard

Gents-

There was a bunch of drama about the fact that I did not provide a release date.

I know that facts always ruin a good self-indulgent temper tantrum- but it is worth noting that I never indicated we intended to do so.

Yes, you did. I watched you with my own eyes and heard you with my own ears via LiveStream, Robert.

You know people are annoyed..no need for the cockyness.

Well said captain Randazzo.

Exactly.

Wish I could have been there for the festivities

I know that what Tom says can be taken wrong by some people but he has been in this business a long time. I had a very frank discussion at the opening party at the Avsim conference in Denver about a company making 737NG's and I listened to his thoughts on the matter. I thought at the time Tom was wrong but it turned out he was very right with the situation. I hope that the bad apples and complainers do not spoil Tom's view for the rest of the simmers who want to see the live feeds.

JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Yes, you did. I watched you with my own eyes and heard you with my own ears via LiveStream, Robert.

Wow...I sincerely hope that was sarcasm, otherwise that came across as awfully rude old boy.

Ian R Tyldesley

Spook,

Don't ruin this for the rest of us. If you are so sure they said they were going to provide a release date, show us the quote.

Mark Hager

@rsrandazzo Don't get us that were in the stream wrong - we all very much so enjoyed the presentation. I thought it was interesting to hear a little bit about "That company I can't quite remember their names" LOL! Also was great to hear about X-Plane - as soon as your 777 is there, I'll definitely take a look at it. Developers sound nothing short of fantastic.

I think it was more the fact of some misreading/feeling mislead as to what you meant about mentioning something about the 777 we are yet to know. Although you did make it abundantly clear it was NOT to demonstrate or promote the product - which would remove any kind of update possibility if x-person understood what you wrote, correct?

No denying myself once your keynote was over I was somewhat expecting a quick word on it - which we did eventually get right at the end when you won the award, on that - congratulations!

So, there are going to be very demanding people, but they don't really matter. I think around 50 people left the stream once you walked off - everyone else stayed to watch the awards. Goes to show the majority of us really wanted to just enjoy an event we were unable to attend! (-:

Luke-

We have a speaking technique that is used- it is called "humor."

Another technique that is often found in concert with the above is called "sarcasm."

It is unfortunate you were unable to discern that my joke in the beginning was directed specifically at Ryan, who was watching the live stream from home- and texting me a reminder of our corporate policy on release dates.

But rather than coming here and showing your near total ignorance in public- perhaps you might read the post in which I notified the participants in the thread about what I intended to speak.

In the future, I will try to anecdote any effort at humor so that it isn't lost on you...

@rsrandazzo Don't get us that were in the stream wrong - we all very much so enjoyed the presentation. I thought it was interesting to hear a little bit about "That company I can't quite remember their names" LOL! Also was great to hear about X-Plane - as soon as your 777 is there, I'll definitely take a look at it. Developers sound nothing short of fantastic.

Luke-  (The OTHER luke...  you guys shouldn't post next to each other when i have a loaded reply.  LOL)

Oh no worries- I understood that...  And as tiresome as the kvetching can be- I never lose sight of the fact that some people get very emotional about our product releases because they REALLY LIKE OUR WORK.

So it is a mixed bag...

But all the same- I've had a few folks send some very hateful PMs, and we've had to clean a few posts here that were just over-the-top spoiled brat material...

Don't worry though- we have been at this a long time and we always outlast the folks who come here trying to stir up the muck...

(So I heard you were excited to learn we have a 777 coming, huh?  :lol: )

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com